pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

I almost posted here this morning to ask why all the adults all of a sudden, but I got sidetracked. wink.gif I am one of those who has been diligently marking them for removal.

Glad you were able to find the source of the trouble and I hope you can figure out a way of preventing it from happening again.

Edited by purplehaze

I almost posted here this morning to ask why all the adults all of a sudden, but I got sidetracked. wink.gif I am one of those who has been diligently marking them for removal.

Glad you were able to find the source of the trouble and I hope you can figure out a way of preventing it from happening again.

Thanks for your diligence, and sorry for the bug. smile.gif Should be all fixed now. Please always feel free to try to break the site, though, and let me know if it does.

If I 'add all' does that reset my clicks counter? Example: I have clicks that will last for three days. On the second day I go and 'add all' to add the dragons I got recently. Does that reset those three days, or do I still have a day left?

Honestly, I try to click every day, but lately my computer has been iffy on if it lets the page load.

Sorry if this is asked before. I wanted to understand if the clicks registered are dependant on device used. I use PC to give clicks and all of them register, giving me 1-3 days worth of views. But then if I login to DDF using my mobile an hour later or so, my counter resets to 0 days and 0 clicks although the dragons still show as added. Is this how it's normally supposed to be?

If I 'add all' does that reset my clicks counter? Example: I have clicks that will last for three days. On the second day I go and 'add all' to add the dragons I got recently. Does that reset those three days, or do I still have a day left?

Honestly, I try to click every day, but lately my computer has been iffy on if it lets the page load.

Sorry for the delayed response to this one! No worries, 'add all' does not reset your click counter (this is true even if the benefits of the click counter are hidden, like in your case, with the full day tokens).

Clicks are only reset once a day during the roll-over time (which I keep forgetting when it is, something like 06:00-ish UTC) and 'full day' tokens are only reset if you start clicking on eggs/hatchlings.

Sorry if this is asked before. I wanted to understand if the clicks registered are dependant on device used. I use PC to give clicks and all of them register, giving me 1-3 days worth of views. But then if I login to DDF using my mobile an hour later or so, my counter resets to 0 days and 0 clicks although the dragons still show as added. Is this how it's normally supposed to be?

Don't apologise - it's not a repeat question, but even if it were, this thread is long and I'm here to answer even repeat questions. smile.gif

Clicks are per DDF account. What device you use to access the account is completely irrelevant. I don't check it anywhere.

Make sure you're using the same account. Since you say "although the dragons still show as added", you probably are, but for completion's sake I wanted to toss that gotcha in. smile.gif

You could also (and this is more likely what's happening) be checking right when rollover time is. When did this last happen? As in, what time of day and what timezone are you in?

Finally, there's a chance that your mobile is caching the page. That shouldn't happen, but it's conceivable. Try to reload your account page and see if it still shows 0 clicks.

Let me know if any of those pointers helped you out or if I should try to dig into deeper troubleshooting. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Help I cannot log into DDF - None of my passwords are working. What are the steps to get new password,

Edited by Lijahlou

Help I cannot log into DDF - None of my passwords are working. What are the steps to get new password,

Thank you problem solved

Thank you problem solved

Glad you managed to get this solved, Lijahlou. Did a site moderator help you or did you recover your password through other means? smile.gif

Hi! smile.gif

I'm just wondering about how the extra clicks work.

When I start clicking over 20 dragons, do those clicks get given to the other users who have also given over 20 clicks, or do they get distributed the same way as the first 20?

I think this might be the same question phrased slightly differently, but >_<

If I click more than 20 dragons, does it make my dragons more likely to get more clicks?

Eventually, yes. The more you click, the more successful this site is with raising eggs, and the more likely people will come back to add their eggs and click yours. Plus, it is also more likely that you happen to click your own eggs while doing the extras wink.gif

When I start clicking over 20 dragons, do those clicks get given to the other users who have also given over 20 clicks, or do they get distributed the same way as the first 20?

For completion's sake: They're still distributed the same way. smile.gif

The site currently deliberately doesn't keep track of what codes you've clicked on (since given the way I re-coded it, it's not very useful information and would just inflate the database), so while I could look into changing it so people with more then 20 clicks preferentially give their clicks to other people who click more than that, such a change might actually be tricky to keep from having bizarre side-effects. (As in, it wouldn't make much sense to confine it purely to that area, since you can only click every egg once - and just giving those eggs a greater probability of appearing might have the same general caveats, depending on how the dice rolls.)

Do you want me to look into it, or does Ruby Eyes' explanation soothe your mind? smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

For completion's sake: They're still distributed the same way. smile.gif

The site currently deliberately doesn't keep track of what codes you've clicked on (since given the way I re-coded it, it's not very useful information and would just inflate the database), so while I could look into changing it so people with more then 20 clicks preferentially give their clicks to other people who click more than that, such a change might actually be tricky to keep from having bizarre side-effects. (As in, it wouldn't make much sense to confine it purely to that area, since you can only click every egg once - and just giving those eggs a greater probability of appearing might have the same general caveats, depending on how the dice rolls.)

Do you want me to look into it, or does Ruby Eyes' explanation soothe your mind? smile.gif

It's okay I was just wondering, thanks smile.gif

That's really cool that it's done that way. Although I get annoyed when my numbers aren't perfect, so sometimes I will go into the view all and click some from there or leave some dragons behind to make sure I get exactly 20 or 60 views. Haha xd.png

Also Ruby Eyes I make sure I click all my own dragons from my scroll so already have them clicked, but thanks smile.gif The rest makes sense too.

There was so many dragons on today, so I decided to some extra clicking tongue.gif

user posted image

Look at my total biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

There was so many dragons on today, so I decided to some extra clicking tongue.gif

user posted image

Look at my total biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Awesome total! biggrin.gif Congrats on getting there!

Just joined this site today, and I have to say I really like it. The add all button is really convenient! The click page is pretty addictive, too; I made it to the end of clicks already! xd.png

Edited by Retsam_Nogard

Welcome! You can enjoy that clicky addiction every day! biggrin.gif

Looks like DDF is also affected by whatever issue's hit the various sites, so no one can import their scroll at the moment. I'm investigating it now. All fixed. The API now supports (and enforces by way of redirecting) HTTPS, which is actually great. smile.gif Let me know if you run into any issues now that I've made changes to the API handling. Edited by pinkgothic

I'm just now getting back into Dragon Cave after a long hiatus, and wanted to re-register my scroll on DDF, but the password I'd written down for the site is not being accepted.

If one of the mods could change my password for me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

I'm just now getting back into Dragon Cave after a long hiatus, and wanted to re-register my scroll on DDF, but the password I'd written down for the site is not being accepted.

If one of the mods could change my password for me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Welcome back to Dragon Cave! I'll send you a PM about this.