pinkgothic

Daily Dragon Fix

Okay. I read that a few days ago and apparently forgot what it said. So, the answer is yes, the site will reset my days if I click 20 dragons today so I will only have one day and lose the extra days I earned the day before?

Okay. I read that a few days ago and apparently forgot what it said. So, the answer is yes, the site will reset my days if I click 20 dragons today so I will only have one day and lose the extra days I earned the day before?

Yep!

Pinkgothic I love you so much right now! I love the add import feature! I just saw it. It makes it so much easier to add dragons there now. :3

Pinkgothic I love you so much right now! I love the add import feature! I just saw it. It makes it so much easier to add dragons there now. :3

\o/

I'm glad I have API access now, that means I can add features like this. smile.gif

Was this on before?

I have 145 extra clicks right now and after adding an egg just now, I noticed writing which said 'keeps your codes for: 3 days' - did I miss seeing this notation before, or is it new?

Has been there for a while, ever since the click-ahead feature was introduced, I think?

See the DDF FAQ, section "How can I keep my codes for more than one day?"

Has been there for a while, ever since the click-ahead feature was introduced, I think?

See the DDF FAQ, section "How can I keep my codes for more than one day?"

Yeah, it's been around exactly since that feature was introduced. Thanks for answering! smile.gif

Erm...I hear there is a mysterious garden... Where is it? It's not at the end of the progress bar.

Erm...I hear there is a mysterious garden... Where is it? It's not at the end of the progress bar.

Psst..

Compare the top of the page between when you're logged in and logged out.

The logged-in one changes relative to your total clicks.

This site is great for filling in the Dragon Encyclopedia when you use the Display 500-1000 option, because it displays the Dragons Page on the bottom of the screen.

I love this site and have done so for some time now. I loved it when the import all was added. It does make my life easier, I have bad eyes that have trouble making out the codes at times. cool.gif

I have noticed I am hitting end of clicks more often and quicker. My progress bar does not reset as often, is that the only reason? Or do we have fewer eggs to click most of the time?

In any case thanks for your work and improvements to the site.

Edited by JoyLeaf41

I have noticed I am hitting end of clicks more often and quicker. My progress bar does not reset as often, is that the only reason? Or do we have fewer eggs to click most of the time?

Oh wow, I'm sorry. Usually I'm better at answering questions in a timely fashion - I must've read this at some point and had the fabulous idea "I'll answer later" (that never works). xd.png Sorry about that!

DDF fluctuates depending on new releases, really. We usually float around 1000 entries; below between releases, above when releases happen. So that's sort of normal. smile.gif That being said, your progress bar only resets if you visit the main page, though, regardless of how many eggs are in the system.

----

Unfortunately, the reason I checked back to this thread is because I need to announce a planned downtime:

Your schedule in UTC timezone is as follows:

* 2015-10-21 3:00:00 AM UTC

There's a chance the site may be down up to two hours starting at that time, though usually (from past experience) it's over much more quickly than that, and you all probably won't even notice it happened. smile.gif But in case you do notice you can't reach the site in that time, that's why.

The downtime is over. Thanks for your patience! smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Can I make a suggestion? Add a password confirmation box during registration. Apparently I mistyped my password and can't log in. I saw that passwords aren't recoverable, so could I get the account deleted outright so I can re-register?

Can I make a suggestion? Add a password confirmation box during registration. Apparently I mistyped my password and can't log in. I saw that passwords aren't recoverable, so could I get the account deleted outright so I can re-register?

No need to delete the account - following your post, I went ahead and changed your password and sent you a PM. smile.gif Remember to change it when you log on!

With apologies, we have a current unexpected downtime due to one of my server co-admins breaking the HTTP server. I'm not sure how long it will take to fix it; hopefully not very! smile.gif If it takes less than half an hour to fix, I'll edit this post with an update, otherwise I'll post again to let you people know when things are working again.

With apologies, we have a current unexpected downtime due to one of my server co-admins breaking the HTTP server. I'm not sure how long it will take to fix it; hopefully not very! smile.gif If it takes less than half an hour to fix, I'll edit this post with an update, otherwise I'll post again to let you people know when things are working again.

Phew, we fixed it.

(The aforementioned co-admin installed a certificate for a different site I host, and the certificate file seems to have been malformed. It's one of those things I should've checked sooner, but I thought he'd gotten that part covered. Oops! Instead, I wasted an hour on unrelated experimentation. Sorry about that!)

Lol, I'm often wrong and may be now, but while I was doing a lot of Fogging of ERed hatchies, I could have sworn that at least some of them (I'd rather thought most/all) were entered yesterday/prior and that a number of the 250 clicks I did yesterday went toward the newer ones in various batches of entries.

Yet today I seem to have had only 5 hatchies (up to the 1st pumpkin hatchy) entered in DDF, which was around the numbers showing when I did my last 'import alls' yesterday.

I wondered at the time, and thought I remembered having unFogging everyone I was keeping to be sure that they were all entered, and with all of my DDF spots but the last one (eventually filled) still showing as being taken, and with only the hatchies being gifted not necessarily protected, then thought that perhaps Fogged ones entered just no longer showed when Fogged.

I did 200 clicks, which matches with my total clicks accumulated since the last time I lost internet access (did 50 when I first got up and 150 more after getting coffee, with 120 showing, so 80 used, which would have been enough to cover the number of hatchies added.

I could be wrong, of course, having been very tired, and it's certainly no problem at my end, as everyone was Fogged as I slept (and many through much of the wee earlies,) so no U Views could have been missed or anything, but wondering if the lag perhaps caused a glitch? I'd also entered my initial new Halloweens as I got them, same as always, and not one of those 1st batch of Halloweens were showing as entered today - so if this is a glitch, other people may be unaware that their dragons may not be entered in DDF.

I had done a recent CCleaner, so suspect it was likely the lag which sometimes kept my hatchies looking Fogged for some time after having been unFogged, despite showing only the 'hide' option when I checked to be sure that they had been, and wondered if this could have affected images on a server as well?

Edit: thanks, pinkgothic!

I'd have put it down to the Halloween scramble and confusion on my part, if the appropriate number of Clicks hadn't also been missing, and probably not have mentioned but in any event, everything does seem to be OK now even if there had been any problem due to lag affecting the technical end.

Edited by Syphoneira

I have a question about something that may never actually happen again -- or at least not until next Halloween wink.gif -- but I am curious.

Somewhere in the process of gathering low time eggs, adding them to the site, gathering more eggs, gifting some away, gathering more, adding them to the site, etc, I failed to remove two of the ones I gifted. When I finally actually looked at my account page just now I realized that my latest egg was not listed, even though I had imported all. There were 21 hatchlings showing, not all of which were still on my scroll. When I removed the errant hatchlings I expected to have to import again to get the last ones to show, but they popped onto the list all by themselves.

So, my question is, were they actually on the site since the last time I imported? Is it possible to have more than 21 things added to the rotation on the site, even though you only see a maximum of 21 on your account page? That never used to be an issue because when you had to manually add them you could see that you had no space and then just look to see what was there by mistake. Now with the import feature I don't always remember to remove ones that I have abandoned or traded or gifted. So what happens when I import more if my account page is already full?

Lol, I'm often wrong and may be now, but while I was doing a lot of Fogging of ERed hatchies, I could have sworn that at least some of them (I'd rather thought most/all) were entered yesterday/prior and that a number of the 250 clicks I did yesterday went toward the newer ones in various batches of entries.

Yet today I seem to have had only 5 hatchies (up to the 1st pumpkin hatchy) entered in DDF, which was around the numbers showing when I did my last 'import alls' yesterday.

I wondered at the time, and thought I remembered having unFogging everyone I was keeping to be sure that they were all entered, and with all of my DDF spots but the last one (eventually filled) still showing as being taken, and with only the hatchies being gifted not necessarily protected, then thought that perhaps Fogged ones entered just no longer showed when Fogged.

I did 200 clicks, which matches with my total clicks accumulated since the last time I lost internet access  (did 50 when I first got up and 150 more after getting coffee, with 120 showing, so 80 used, which would have been enough to cover the number of hatchies added.

I could be wrong, of course, having been very tired, and it's certainly no problem at my end, as everyone was Fogged as I slept (and many through much of the wee earlies,) so no U Views could have been missed or anything, but wondering if the lag perhaps caused a glitch? I'd also entered my initial new Halloweens as I got them, same as always, and not one of those 1st batch of Halloweens were showing as entered today - so if this is a glitch, other people may be unaware that their dragons may not be entered in DDF.

I had done a recent CCleaner, so suspect it was likely the lag which sometimes kept my hatchies looking Fogged for some time after having been unFogged, despite showing only the 'hide' option when I checked to be sure that they had been, and wondered if this could have affected images on a server as well?

I've not noticed any oddities with the protect-from-removal function, but I'll keep your report in mind in case something like this happens again. For now I'm inclined to assume that (unless the API somehow reported the affected codes as grown up or frozen as a result of Dragon Cave lag, which I very much doubt) that the codes weren't actually protected.

Remember to make sure they're highlighted green when you protect them! smile.gif

I have a question about something that may never actually happen again -- or at least not until next Halloween wink.gif -- but I am curious.

Somewhere in the process of gathering low time eggs, adding them to the site, gathering more eggs, gifting some away, gathering more, adding them to the site, etc, I failed to remove two of the ones I gifted. When I finally actually looked at my account page just now I realized that my latest egg was not listed, even though I had imported all. There were 21 hatchlings showing, not all of which were still on my scroll. When I removed the errant hatchlings I expected to have to import again to get the last ones to show, but they popped onto the list all by themselves.

So, my question is, were they actually on the site since the last time I imported? Is it possible to have more than 21 things added to the rotation on the site, even though you only see a maximum of 21 on your account page? That never used to be an issue because when you had to manually add them you could see that you had no space and then just look to see what was there by mistake. Now with the import feature I don't always remember to remove ones that I have abandoned or traded or gifted. So what happens when I import more if my account page is already full?

The [import all] function only adds codes, currently, and it's technically possible for you to end up with more than 21 codes that way. It's interesting that the site only displays 21, though, I'll look into that bug! Thanks for reporting it. smile.gif (I do know you can only manually add up to 21 codes, but thought the display wasn't restricted in that way.)

Edited by pinkgothic

I've just found this site; it's amazing. I think I'm in love. Also, if you need any help at all, just let me know. I know you have six moderators right now, but if you need another, I'm almost always online. I will now go back to growing my garden. biggrin.gif

I've just found this site; it's amazing. I think I'm in love. Also, if you need any help at all, just let me know. I know you have six moderators right now, but if you need another, I'm almost always online. I will now go back to growing my garden. biggrin.gif

Glad you like it. biggrin.gif

----

There's another maintenance window in about an hour. As usual, disruption should be minimal.

I shouldn't even be awake right now (I'm sick), so I won't directly notice if the site doesn't come back up automatically (as it should), but these maintenances have never been a problem in the past, so I'm not worried. smile.gif That said, if you do notice the site is down, be patient, I'll notice soon enough and I promise I'll fix it ASAP! It's over! Hope it didn't bug any of you. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Unplanned downtime right now? Your trade post seems to have lost a few images wink.gif

edit: either that, or my provider is acting up ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Unplanned downtime right now? Your trade post seems to have lost a few images wink.gif

edit: either that, or my provider is acting up ...

Yeah, linode is still flakey, sadly, though usually by the time I get around to posting here it's cleared up. The original DDoS is still ongoing sporadically, basically. Today I woke up to the host being down, it cleared up again, and now it's back down. Sigh. smile.gif At least the IRC network's been re-routed and we only have one island when it goes down (the machine is usually a hub for the Darkmyst IRC network).

See status.linode.com for details (though sometimes that takes up to half an hour to make mention of a downtime - which I don't mind, I know they're on it immediately, and like me they're just slow to notify people, which is much better than the other way around (notifying first, then gradually thinking about doing something about it, haha)). My machine is in Dallas.

(Edit: Also, two days ago you wouldn't have known about it through my trade post. Ironically I've spent a lot of the past days moving my websites from another host I have to my linode. Ah well. You win some, you lose some. xd.png)

Edited by pinkgothic