Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

Maybe time the raffle to coincide with one of those?

I don't think it would solve everything (edit: and I'm not sure about the relative merits of this versus other suggestions) but I think it could help a bit to have something new released at the same time.

Edited by diaveborn

I definitely like the idea of giving everyone something else to "focus" on instead of "raffle raffle raffle omg!"... But I don't see how it would really work. We have the Christmas release and event, and the raffle drawing usually happens a couple weeks after the event/raffle ends. I can't imagine *anyone* being fine with waiting for the drawing results to be announced until the Valentine's-release. And I definitely don't think cramming in another release in-between is a good idea either.

I definitely like the idea of giving everyone something else to "focus" on instead of "raffle raffle raffle omg!"... But I don't see how it would really work. We have the Christmas release and event, and the raffle drawing usually happens a couple weeks after the event/raffle ends. I can't imagine *anyone* being fine with waiting for the drawing results to be announced until the Valentine's-release. And I definitely don't think cramming in another release in-between is a good idea either.

where is that cramming in that you speak of? We have monthly releases now, dec 25th to feb 14th is just one week shy of two months. That aside, holidays are a lot easier to get, and only take up two slots, and you don't have to stock up on them afterwards...

I honestly feel opposed to the idea of multi-clutching as I've always thought it (still) existed because of Holiday dragons, which breed true only once per year, and the thought of implementing it on Prizes just doesn't seem right to me. I know that, in the past, multi-clutching was something that could happen to any dragon, but I still can't get used to the idea of it.

What I'd love to see is less chances of "no egg was produced" and at least a 35-40% chance of Prize offspring. I could work with the optional multi-clutch idea but, in my opinion, it shouldn't replace Fertility.

I honestly feel opposed to the idea of multi-clutching as I've always thought it (still) existed because of Holiday dragons, which breed true only once per year, and the thought of implementing it on Prizes just doesn't seem right to me. I know that, in the past, multi-clutching was something that could happen to any dragon, but I still can't get used to the idea of it.
You mean the forced multiclutching like holidays putting on prizes? I know several prize owners are against that, and I think I understand why. smile.gif

What I'd love to see is less chances of "no egg was produced" and at least a 35-40% chance of Prize offspring. I could work with the optional multi-clutch idea but, in my opinion, it shouldn't replace Fertility.

Perhaps you can post that in the rework thread? I think that's the best place to discuss the rework smile.gif I do like TJ's BSA suggestion for multiclutching, though, no matter if it's done instead of fertility (which I've used I think once, perhaps twice but no more) or as a BSA for another dragon. It could help with improving the current situation with the prize dragons.

Granted, we don't know how things will go once the new group of prize dragons has been raised. We'll have to see how that works out....

ETA: Oh, I just noticed the following suggestion in the "Fertility Rework" thread:

What if you could choose what kind of fertility to use, when you go to use it? A page could show up with 2 links:

Increased egg chance

Increased Multicluch chance

You click which one you want, and then select a dragon from your list of Breedable dragons.

I guess we could have an option in our Account Settings added that can make it so you use one all the time, kinda like a check mark box if you do not want to select which one you wanna use every time you go to breed. This also makes it optional for those who do not want to use it.

This might help with Evolette's concerns? I did suggest a "no stack" for this particular suggestion in the thread. As in using two purples in which one gives a higher egg chance and the other a multiclutch chance. I think that would be unfair smile.gif Then again...... Oh well. Let the discussion roll biggrin.gif Edited by Sheriziya

Implementing multiclutches again sounds like a good idea to all those without a low gen Prize at first. But I am afraid that it would be causing more problems than it would solve. Multiclutches for every breed in this game are turned off with good cause and bringing it back for only Prizes seems to be very unfair to me, because it has an effect on the individual playstyle of the Prize owners.

Letting Holiday dragons multiclutch is something totally different to me.

More raffles would be great. I can see no negative aspect of this suggestion, but I do not know how many time TJ has to spend on the organisation. Maybe it is too much effort.

I am fine with an increased number of Prizes given out, but we should keep in mind that for those who "lost" the amount will never be satisfying. We have to wait and see how the situation developes in the next few months. I think the Prizes given out in the latest raffle are adequate, but there should be a lot more HMs!!! (30 - thats nothing, at first I thought it would be a typo)

My biggest problem regarding "fairness" is giving out the same Prize dragon more than one year. Somehow to me it seems to be unfair to the players winning in the second raffle. They have an exclusive dragon......but no "never-seen-before-dragon" (how boring everything is when the surprise is missing sad.gif) . I am no winner, but even I am disoppointed that there will be Tinsels and Shimmers again this year ("old" Prizes should be available of course - as HM).

I have both types on my scroll and would have loved something new to collect - a new thrill that keeps this game interesting for a long-time player with my playstyle. I can only speak for my own feelings about this, but to me having the sprite is what makes my scroll complete, I couldn't care less about having offspring from every Prize out there. I know others love the hunt for all the lines in existance.....as I said, this is my personal problem with the raffle how it is now.

To me introducing a new Prize every year is the fairest way. The other option would be to only have Tinsels and Shimmers from now on (I would hate that....at some point everybody wouldn't even want to win anymore because you can not get something "really special").

If there were more raffles during the year changing the Prize dragon wouldn't be a big problem. Giving out like 25 first places, 50 2nd places and 100 third places during the year would be at least enough to take some pressure off the winners and nothing would speak against having a new Prize every year, right?! (I am far from being a math-genius, so please do not take the numbers I have given too serious). Everybody would have more than enough to collect, no matter what playstyle and lineages would be possible with such a high amount of Prizes, too.

Ok, I think I have said nothing new here, just wanted to state my opinion against bringing back the multiclutches.

Well, I don't think thats the biggest issue, but certainly one aspect. The bigger issue with issuing the same dragons again, is that Tinsels had 3 years, and Shimmers 1 year to spread. So ratios and overall population is already big, so whatever the ratios do, it will be for ALL of them.

And that means, that new prize owners will (statistically) also get a lot less offspring than the old owners. Look at what some tinsels produced in year 2.

Well, I don't think thats the biggest issue, but certainly one aspect. The bigger issue with issuing the same dragons again, is that Tinsels had 3 years, and Shimmers 1 year to spread. So ratios and overall population is already big, so whatever the ratios do, it will be for ALL of them.

And that means, that new prize owners will (statistically) also get a lot less offspring than the old owners. Look at what some tinsels produced in year 2.

This is why I originally suggested 2 years of spreading 1 dragon through the raffle prizes, then 2 years through HM and only then a release (with rare) in the cave. That way every dragon should be able to get kinda the saem ratios, right?

Edited by Sheriziya

We already have a Christmas release shortly beforehand, and a Valentines release not too long after. If those aren't enough to dull the annoyance of missing out on low gens of an exclusive breed (and they really aren't), I doubt throwing in another release will do the trick either.

We're now suppose to have monthly releases anyway and I don't see a reason to skip January. The Christmas dragons are already grown by this point and there is still another month until Valentines Day. That's a month of the raffle getting everyone's undivided attention. Would it take the sting out of losing completely? No, but it would be a nice distraction.

IDK, I guess I just don't see the harm in something like this. It would take nothing from the Prize winners and everyone gets a new dragon to collect. Isn't that what we're here for?

IDK, I guess I just don't see the harm in something like this. It would take nothing from the Prize winners and everyone gets a new dragon to collect. Isn't that what we're here for?

No we're here to obsess over stuff we can never have smile.gif

at least thats the common theme and grounds to many of those suggestions.

We're now suppose to have monthly releases anyway and I don't see a reason to skip January. The Christmas dragons are already grown by this point and there is still another month until Valentines Day. That's a month of the raffle getting everyone's undivided attention. Would it take the sting out of losing completely? No, but it would be a nice distraction.

I'm not opposed to it, I just don't think it would do much.

No we're here to obsess over stuff we can never have smile.gif

at least thats the common theme and grounds to many of those suggestions.

It's a collecting game. We kind of want to collect things we don't have.

I'm glad to see that the numbers were upped this year. smile.gif The thing I'd most like to see from here is another raffle mid year. Even if it's not the same kind in the sense that you win a prize dragon, even just a HM raffle or something halfway through the year would get a lot of people excited, I think, and spread the wealth a bit more.

Edited by StormWizard212

I'm glad to see that the numbers were upped this year. smile.gif The thing I'd most like to see from here is another raffle mid year. Even if it's not the same kind in the sense that you win a prize dragon, even just a HM raffle or something halfway through the year would get a lot of people excited, I think, and spread the wealth a bit more.

mid year? Like summer vacation mid year?

where is that cramming in that you speak of? We have monthly releases now, dec 25th to feb 14th is just one week shy of two months. That aside, holidays are a lot easier to get, and only take up two slots, and you don't have to stock up on them afterwards...

What I was speaking of is the idea of a release in between the Christmas release/event, and the raffle-drawing. THAT is "cramming", since the raffle-drawing happens so soon after the end of the Christmas stuff. And as I said, I don't think most people would be happy with the supposed compromise of waiting weeks longer to find out the raffle results, just so that another release can happen in the meantime.

Edited by Marie19R

What I was speaking of is the idea of a release in between the Christmas release/event, and the raffle-drawing. THAT is "cramming", since the raffle-drawing happens so soon after the end of the Christmas stuff. And as I said, I don't think most people would be happy with the supposed compromise of waiting weeks longer to find out the raffle results, just so that another release can happen in the meantime.

To quote Allspice earlier:

OT: How about instead of a dull version of a Prize dragon being released in cave, why not have a regular release coincide with the raffle winners announcement? Then everyone will have new dragons to focus on, winners and non winners alike.

If I understood Allspice correctly, the suggestion was to have the "raffle winners announcement" (and with that the start of the waiting of the prizes to appear on the winners' scrolls) and "new release" coincide. In that case it wouldn't be cramming, I think. After all, we know now the winners have been picked. We've got about a full more week to wait until there's a possible redraw and then a bit longer until all the winners have their prizes. The expectation for the new arrivals is I think end of January? So, between the release of the Christmas dragons (and them growing up) and the arrival of the prizes (suppose it's a new dragon in the future: the new eggs showing up on the winners' scrolls) we've got about a month. And like others said, between Christmas and Valentine there's about 6 weeks.

I think it wouldn't be cramming things if a new dragon was released between Christmas and Valentine. After all, the prizes are not dropped in the cave, they appear on the winners' scrolls. So basically everyone can hunt the cave for the new dragon without disrupting the raffle proces, I think. It would be a fun distraction, indeed smile.gif

Also, a release in January between the Christmas release and the Valentine release would be consistent with a monthly release as it was suppose to happen. I don't see a reason why a normal monthly release couldn't happen.

Edited by Sheriziya

I'm not opposed to it, I just don't think it would do much.

Maybe not for some, but for others it would be a nice distraction to have some new pretties in the cave to go hunting for. It's better than having nothing new to do but watch the raffle.

If I understood Allspice correctly, the suggestion was to have the "raffle winners announcement" (and with that the start of the waiting of the prizes to appear on the winners' scrolls) and "new release" coincide.

That is exactly what I meant, yes. smile.gif

Edited by Allspice

So I haven't been following the last few pages closely, but what is the goal of having a release on the same day as the raffle announcement. Is it to distract people from the fact that they didn't win?

Because I've mentioned before that having multiple active news topics doesn't really work out right now.

So I haven't been following the last few pages closely, but what is the goal of having a release on the same day as the raffle announcement. Is it to distract people from the fact that they didn't win?

Because I've mentioned before that having multiple active news topics doesn't really work out right now.

Yeah, that was the proposed point along with there being monthly releases now.

I personally don't agree with it (and a few others don't agree as well) because it just seems like way too much going on at once with Christmas, the raffle, and then Valentines as well.

mid year? Like summer vacation mid year?

Well, it'll be winter here. tongue.gif I say mid-year since that seems pretty difficult to misinterpret, whereas seasons are different around the world. July-ish, I mean.

I agree, having a normal release at the same time as the Prize announcement is kinda pointless, which is indeed what was suggested.

I think it would be fantastic for there to be a consolation prize, such as a black tinsel and a black shimmer (I like the idea of "coal" consolation prizes). I think having such a participation prize would really help with a lot of the bad feelings the raffles produce.

It won't help with trade values of 2nd gen prizes, but it will help make everyone feel good to be getting something nifty and limited. I know on another site, when they hand out a participation prize to all participants, it makes me feel really good, even if I don't win. So, everyone (including prize winners!) would get a black Tinsel, say, and the prize winners and HMs would get a 2nd dragon: their Prize.

So, either when you hand out the prizes or when you announce the raffle, give all who participated a black coloration of the Prize sprite (if you do that this year, you could let people pick between a black Tinsel and a black Shimmer). I think that will make people feel a LOT better, even if it doesn't help with the availability of the 2nd gen Tinsels and Shimmers.

As for the rest.... I think if everyone is a "winner", then the hurt feelings will go down a lot. Then, as more and more CBs get released, the rest of the pressure will reduce.

Cheers!

C4.

PS: If you keep the same prize dragons, it'd be best to keep the same consolation prize, so that people who participate in multiple years can get multiple participation prizes.

I think it would be fantastic for there to be a consolation prize, such as a black tinsel and a black shimmer (I like the idea of "coal" consolation prizes). I think having such a participation prize would really help with a lot of the bad feelings the raffles produce.
I totally love this idea! It's perfect: A "drab" consolation prize for everyone, plus the special one for the actual winners. It would also allow for much more variety in lineages.

In the case that several different "prize dragons" are handed out - like this year - let people choose which "consolation prize" they'd like to have - a black tinsel or a black shimmer.

I totally love this idea! It's perfect: A "drab" consolation prize for everyone, plus the special one for the actual winners. It would also allow for much more variety in lineages.

In the case that several different "prize dragons" are handed out - like this year - let people choose which "consolation prize" they'd like to have - a black tinsel or a black shimmer.

Yep, though by "everyone", I mean everyone who got a raffle ticket, if there was some way to code that. That way, its something you'd get because you participated, and those who didn't put any effort into it, don't get the participation prize.

Cheers!

C4.

I agree, having a normal release at the same time as the Prize announcement is kinda pointless, which is indeed what was suggested.

It won't help with trade values of 2nd gen prizes, but it will help make everyone feel good to be getting something nifty and limited. I know on another site, when they hand out a participation prize to all participants, it makes me feel really good, even if I don't win. So, everyone (including prize winners!) would get a black Tinsel, say, and the prize winners and HMs would get a 2nd dragon: their Prize.

So, either when you hand out the prizes or when you announce the raffle, give all who participated a black coloration of the Prize sprite (if you do that this year, you could let people pick between a black Tinsel and a black Shimmer). I think that will make people feel a LOT better, even if it doesn't help with the availability of the 2nd gen Tinsels and Shimmers.

As for the rest.... I think if everyone is a "winner", then the hurt feelings will go down a lot. Then, as more and more CBs get released, the rest of the pressure will reduce.

Cheers!

C4.

PS: If you keep the same prize dragons, it'd be best to keep the same consolation prize, so that people who participate in multiple years can get multiple participation prizes.

What is it with the black/coal reference? I still don't understand it? I think my question about that was missed smile.gif

Yeah, that was the proposed point along with there being monthly releases now.

I personally don't agree with it (and a few others don't agree as well) because it just seems like way too much going on at once with Christmas, the raffle, and then Valentines as well.

I disagree with you. Between Christmas and Valentine we've got almost 8 weeks with nothing but waiting for the raffle announcement and hands out. The hands out is only for 150 people.

Since a few months we've got monthly releases. Why not continue that now, somewhere halfway between the release of the Christmas dragon and the Valentine dragon? Granted the timing would have to be figured out, running two active news topics can become confusing, but in general...... Besides the news topics "problem/confusion/whatever", somewhere in the midst between the two holiday releases I don't see a problem for the users.

I can imagine this being a busy time for TJ with emailing raffle winners, redrawing winners where necessary, sending out the prizes, posting news topics AND a release.

Edited by Sheriziya

I absolutely love that idea!