Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

Wow, the news about the raffle certainly spiked new interest in this thread smile.gif

I see a lot of suggestions and "complaints" coming by so I thought it was good to look at what was the base of this thread and what our current "complaints" about the raffle are. And than proceed to possible solutions (once we've already seen and the new ones from the last couple of days).

Mind you, I say complaints, but it's the reason why people think the raffle doesn't work as intended. Mind you, this has become a looooooooong post. Sorry about that, but I thought it would be a good idea to try and put it all together again.

What's the base of this thread?

The thread started because the raffle:

leads to mountains of PMs to the prize dragon winners [and a certain amount of harassment]

leaves most of the users only dreaming of getting a prize dragon, their only hope a long gen months, or even a year or more in the future.

New "complaints" coming up (here or elsewhere):

The amount of prize winners is not satisfactory

The ratio of breeding results from prize dragons is not good (not enough prize dragons are being produced)

Creating lineages with prize dragons is hard because the lineage creator can't get the dragons s/he wants

Fear of (shiny) hatchies from multi clutches growing up through the AP (yes, we have already seen this happening, please check this thread for more information) and going to the wild instead of ending up on someone's scroll

Balance between low-gen and high-gen prize dragons for breeders both in obtaining and creating lineages

Not enough CB Prize dragons to get good lineages

Did I miss anything?

Which is all culminating a trademarket which has gone insane, if I may deduce that from the comments. I don't have any experience in the trademarket, so I can't really say anything about it. This leads to the a general feeling amongst a (big?) part of our community:

Although DC was original a fun collectables games, it's become a trading game where it's become hard to actually collect every dragon you want.

Our concerns & Suggestions

I'm trying to get through the above points, so bare with me....

The amount of prize winners is not satisfactory

Since TJ has said he won't say anything about the win-rate and this thread is going to be closed if we keep talking about that alone, I thought it better to look back at our earlier suggestions and see if we can come up with a combined suggestion of which we all (or most of us) think might be a solution for the above problems/complaints, let's just call them concerns.

Bucketload of PM's

I think Amazon Warrior's Guide has helped several prize winners this year. I don't know how it will end, but maybe those who have come forward as prizewinners might be able to tell us if the guide is indeed enough? That would be a solution for at least one of our concerns.

The other problems

These all seem related, so I'll try to combine them.

Looking back at the original suggestions, we can conclude TJ has already implemented one of our suggestions with a twist: Increase the number of prize dragons given in the raffle.

He's given both Tinsels and Shimmer-scales with this last raffle. So, there will be unexpectedly new Tinsel blood in the community (regardless whether people will actually breed with them, mind you!) and there will be more Shimmer-scale blood (which was expected by several people) in the community.

In total (including this year) there are/will be in the community:

20 CB Gold Tinsels

40 CB Silver Tinsels

60 CB Bronze Tinsels

20 CB Gold Shimmer-Scales

40 CB Silver Shimmer-Scales

60 CB Bronze Shimmer-Scales

This helps with one of our concerns: We've got more of the same prize dragons in our community! smile.gif Now the Shimmer-scales and Tinsels have the same amount of CB's released into the community. Will that help in the trademarket? We'll have to see.

I think one of the things which might help is Multiclutching per Olympe's suggestion (yes, I'm coming down from the idea I don't want multiclutching, if it helps in getting a solution for the problems.....). Of course, we'll have a chance of 4 prize dragons, 1 kin and 3 prize dragons, 2 kins and 2 prize dragons, 3 kins and 1 prize dragons, 4 kins. BUT..... that will also help in lineage building. After all, there are several people who WANT the kins because of a lineage. This solution will at least give a higher chance of getting more prize dragon offspring into the community.

Just as a reminder, Olympe's suggestion was:

CB: Chance of breeding up to 4 eggs.

2nd gen: Chance of breeding up to 3 eggs.

3rd gen: Chance of breeding up to 2 eggs.

4th gen and higher: no multi-clutches possible (unless mated to a holiday dragon during its breeding season)

This still leaves the question about ratios. I have no insight in that. TJ, perhaps this is a question you can answer?: Is the perceived problem (prize dragons not breeding/producing/producing fails) indeed a ratio problem (i.e. they should produce more prize dragons but they don't at the moment), or does it work as it's intended (i.e. prize dragons are rare like silvers and golds and will keep producing like they do)? I can imagine it's the latter and we perceive it as a problem because there are only the above mentioned numbers of CB prize dragons. On the other side, if it's because the dragons are supposed to be rare, you might expect the dragons produce better for a while until the ratios are/seem similar to the golds and silvers.

One of the concerns with multiclutching is that hatchies may grow up through the AP. There's an active discussion and experiment about that problem here. That thread discusses solutions for that particular problem, so I'd rather not take it in here, despite the relation the two solution may have.

I'm aware of the fact that there high-gen breeders who think the value of their high-gen dragons might become lower, but I honestly wonder about that. With more 2nd, 3rd and 4th gens you can even build bigger (and perhaps even better?) lineages, or at least I can imagine that. But I have to be honest: I'm not that big of a lineage builder nor a trader yet.

I still don't think a consolation prize will help, especially for the breeders. They'll want the prize dragon and not a dull/other colored prize dragon because of the color combinations they can make with it.

Scenarios & Solutions

Our other concerns (mainly related to breeding and creating lineages) will hang on 2 scenarios, or at least the way I see it. Let me explain:

One of the questions I immediately had, is: will we have a new prize dragon with the next raffle, now that the Shimmer-scales and Tinsels are on an equal amount of CB released dragons? Or will we get both Tinsels and Shimmer-scales again in the next raffle (whenever that raffle will be)?

I guess we'll have to wait and see what TJ will do with a next raffle, but since we don't know that, we might as well look at two scenarios for solutions (mind you, this is all assumption!!! not based on any insight knowledge or whatsoever, as I don't have any biggrin.gif ):

Scenario 1:

With new raffles we'll always get Tinsels and Shimmer-scales

Scenario 2:

With the next raffle we'll get a new prize dragon

Scenario 1 With new raffles we'll always get Tinsels and Shimmer-scales

This would help with:

New prize winners will less and less become bombarded with PM's (although that might have already been tackled, like I said earlier)

Getting more fresh blood into the pool of prize dragons

More possibilities for low-gen prize dragons getting into circulation and with that, on the long run, becoming cheaper (and thus more players getting a chance at getting a prize dragon)

Creating new lineages becomes slowly easier

Do we still need a solution? It depends partly, I think, on the answer about the ratios. If the ratios work as they are supposed to, I guess lots of people will still feel unsatisfied because the dragons are still rare. So.... Multiclutching (per Olympe's suggestion) & More raffles might be a solution.

Scenario 2 With the next raffle we'll get a new prize dragon

This would help with:

Getting more of those awesome sprites out! (yes, totally unrelated, but with the list of 500+ completed sprites out there with some awesome spriters that could easily become prize dragons imho......)

Possibility to get another species besides Western and Eastern dragons.

Do we need a solution? Heck, yeah! Or at least I think so imho. So, what's the solution? A combination of several suggestion, I think.

New suggestion

Base:

More raffles to spread the joy of the new prize dragons as well as the old (see the rest of the suggestion)

Olympe's suggestion for the multiclutching:

CB: Chance of breeding up to 4 eggs.

2nd gen: Chance of breeding up to 3 eggs.

3rd gen: Chance of breeding up to 2 eggs.

4th gen and higher: no multi-clutches possible (unless mated to a holiday dragon during its breeding season)

Higher success rate for breeding prize dragons as reports suggest that the success rate has gone down.

Adjustment to API/hatcheries to deny access to the eggs/hatchlings on the AP to prevent prize dragons from growing up through the AP and going into the wild instead of on someone's scroll. Or whatever other solution comes out of this thread.

Prize dragons released during the years following this last raffle:

Raffle 1: special dragon 1 for prizes in raffle, Shimmer-scales and Tinsels retire and become available for HM as CB.

Raffle 2: special dragon 1 for prizes in raffle, Shimmer-Scales and Tinsels are still retired and available for HM as CB

Raffle 3: special dragon 2 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 retires and becomes available for HM as CB, Shimmer-Scales and Tinsels become available from now on as a rare dragon in the cave.

Raffle 4: special dragon 2 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 is still retired and available for HM as CB.

Raffle 5: Special dragon 3 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 becomes available from now on as a rare dragon in the cave. Special dragon 2 becomes available for HM as CB

Raffle 6: Special dragon 3 for prizes in raffle, Special dragon 2 is still available for HM as CB

Raffle 7: Special dragon 4 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 2 becomes available from now on as a rare dragon in the cave, special dragon 3 becomes available for HM as CB.

Etc.

Will this be a solution for all our concerns? I don't know, I hope so. With the prize dragons becoming rare in the cave on the long run they still are worth trading AND they become available for lineage building and collecting (what this game was all about in the beginning, right?). People who were "working" the trade market will still be able to profit from their prizes, although it slowly becomes less. I see that as a positive development, as the trade market wil, albeit slowly, become more balanced again. New blood for lineages is also a good thing, I think. So, all in all it might help with the trademarket, lineage building, collecting becomes collecting again and prizewinners will be less bombarded with PM's.

So.....after reading this way too long post, what do you all think?

it's quite difficult to read a so long post for a non-english mother languenge, but I approve all of it! Also my favourite part is that were Prize dragons released during the years following this last raffle:

Raffle 1: special dragon 1 for prizes in raffle, Shimmer-scales and Tinsels retire and become available for HM as CB.

Raffle 2: special dragon 1 for prizes in raffle, Shimmer-Scales and Tinsels are still retired and available for HM as CB

Raffle 3: special dragon 2 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 retires and becomes available for HM as CB, Shimmer-Scales and Tinsels become available from now on as a rare dragon in the cave.

Raffle 4: special dragon 2 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 is still retired and available for HM as CB.

Raffle 5: Special dragon 3 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 1 becomes available from now on as a rare dragon in the cave. Special dragon 2 becomes available for HM as CB

Raffle 6: Special dragon 3 for prizes in raffle, Special dragon 2 is still available for HM as CB

Raffle 7: Special dragon 4 for prizes in raffle, special dragon 2 becomes available from now on as a rare dragon in the cave, special dragon 3 becomes available for HM as CB.

Etc.

I really support this !!! In this way we'll can have MANY new type of prize dragons WITHOUT be scared that they become too rare to find!

I see the big difference among the first tinsels relased and the second tinsel raffle... many people stilla sk for the first one, considering it more ancient and so more precious. I think that a new type of prize dragon will be very welcome if the previous breed will be more avaliable.

Thankyou for recap all this topic so well, Sheriziya! I've really appreciate it!

Why can't we just make it so the rarest things are no more rare (or at least not much more rare) than the rarest things people can naturally collect in the game?

I understand this and would support it if the raffle could be un-done. But it can't.

I'm trying to say that even without the raffle, with "naturally obtainable" metals in the cave the negativity, whining and drama was there. The *complaining* was there. It's not TJ or raffle's fault. It's the way people are.

I understand this and would support it if the raffle could be un-done. But it can't.

I'm trying to say that even without the raffle, with "naturally obtainable" metals in the cave the negativity, whining and drama was there. The *complaining* was there. It's not TJ or raffle's fault. It's the way people are.

Yes indeed. BUT - can you imagine how the winners who are expecting huge numbers of CB metallics for their 2nd gens are going to scream if tins and shimmers start showing up in the biomes ? The rage showing up in threads will be as NOTHING then.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Yes indeed. BUT - can you imagine how the winners who are expecting huge numbers of CB metallics for their 2nd gens are going to scream if tins and shimmers start showing up in the biomes ? The rage showing up in threads will be as NOTHING then.

I don't know if it was meant that way but your comment made me chuckle xd.png This would be an amazing act of trolling.

CB gold and silver are rare, they were rare before prize dragons and they will be rare even after. And required!

Shimmer and Tinsel in biomes will be very required since they will be rare AS gold, silver and ND, they will be the same thing!

(EDIT)

many people says: "not new rare breeds... they bleah... drama everywhere..."

But if new rare metallics dragons would be Shimmer and Tinsel... well... I think they wouldn't say the same! xd.png

It's a very well done system, first of all you've got 2-3 years were there are only few CB rare new prize dragons, who build some lineage that you can continue only with other dragons, not with their same breed. When cave is plenty of shimmer lines ZAC! you introduce Shimemr and tinsel into the cave and everybody wants them to continue the previous lineages and make new ones! I think it's fantastic smile.gif

(end EDIT)

I think this is the fairest way, in my opinion. Everybody will be happy.

Who win shimmer and tinsel will be the one to have them as CB for almost 2-3 years. Why they should have this HUGE advantage forever? If you like to play DC, with a CB shimmer/tinsel that only you and few others can have are sufficient 1-2 years to complete all your scroll goals.

Also, you will be still able to win prize dragon (of different breed) in the next years!

Why a winner of the previous years should be excited like other users before a new raffle? He already win his CB dragon, even if I could win again it wouldn't be the same. With a new breed avalible it's very more fascinating!

Edited by Naruhina_94

I remember this. I don't necessarily agree with everything you said, but yes. Pre-raffles (and even for a bit after the first Tins were given out), it was damn nigh impossible to catch CB metals. I honestly never thought I would ever catch one, and forget trading for one. Seriously. Not even with NDs, which I learned how to make. The "unobtainable shiny" changes, but the players never do...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Thankyou for recap all this topic so well, Sheriziya! I've really appreciate it!

You're welcome smile.gif I'm glad I was able to make such a post which was still understandable biggrin.gif

Many people says: "not new rare breeds... they bleah... drama everywhere..."

But if new rare metallics dragons into the cave would be Shimmer and Tinsel... well... I think they wouldn't say the same! xd.png

It's a very well done system, first of all you've got 2-3 years were there are only few CB rare new prize dragons, who build some lineage that you can continue only with other dragons, not with their same breed. When cave is plenty of shimmer lines ZAC! you introduce Shimemr and tinsel into the cave and everybody wants them to continue the previous lineages and make new ones! I think it's fantastic smile.gif

I guess people won't be happy at first, but aren't we trying to get a system where in the end the trade market is better, prizewinners won't get bucketloads of PM's begging for offspring, etc.?

Yes, it will take some adjustment, but if we'd have a system like the combo of suggestions would make possible, the original prize owners would have had about 5 years/raffles worth of tinsel/shimmer-scale breeding and getting all the profits from that. Heck, I bet there will be more new dragons (perhaps even a few rares) by the time we'll have the next raffle.

You want to change the trademarket, right? This is a start. Yes, people won't be happy at first, but in the end the balance will return again, I hope, and isn't that what we're after?

And of course I agree with Naruhina biggrin.gif And thanks for the coloring in the schedule/scheme. I think that makes it more visible smile.gif

Edited by Sheriziya

Yes, there will always be complaining. However, before I felt complaining about CB Metals was silly, because with enough effort and patience almost anyone could make a Neglected and trade for them. But now there is literally no guaranteed equalizer in the game--even the rarest of the rare, the things that used to be the gold standard, have to be offered in oodles for a hope of getting a CB Prize winner to breed something for you. I feel there's more reason to be discontent when the system puts the top tier rares in the hands of an exclusive group, where no amount of hard work guarantees you can get one, then there is reason to be discontent when hard work /should/ get you what you're looking for.

Yes, there will always be complaining. However, before I felt complaining about CB Metals was silly, because with enough effort and patience almost anyone could make a Neglected and trade for them. But now there is literally no guaranteed equalizer in the game--even the rarest of the rare, the things that used to be the gold standard, have to be offered in oodles for a hope of getting a CB Prize winner to breed something for you. I feel there's more reason to be discontent when the system puts the top tier rares in the hands of an exclusive group, where no amount of hard work guarantees you can get one, then there is reason to be discontent when hard work /should/ get you what you're looking for.

So, what do you think of the combo of suggestions, like I proposed based on all comments (more or less biggrin.gif )?

You want to change the trademarket, right? This is a start. Yes, people won't be happy at first, but in the end the balance will return again, I hope, and isn't that what we're after?

And of course I agree with Naruhina biggrin.gif And thanks for the coloring in the schedule/scheme. I think that makes it more visible smile.gif

I don't think I can honestly say I "want to improve the trade market" as I hate "markets" in games with a passion, and I don't generally trade for anything big at all - just blood swaps and the like.

But in that I would like to see an end to inflated demands for those who DO like to trade for these things, and to people who get all bitter because they can't get prizes themselves, yes, I guess.

And yes - the posts setting out alternatives are excellently done. Thanks to those who bothered.

So, what do you think of the combo of suggestions, like I proposed based on all comments (more or less biggrin.gif )?

I think they're all good suggestions ^^ Multiclutches, more raffles, better breeding chances, more prizes if possible... I like the gradual CB release as well, but I feel that one will never happen.

I'm totally agree with you angelicdragonpuppy (may I call you angy? xd.png). Except about the "never happing" sad.gif

I think that TJ should really think about this... maybe a PM would be justified in this case!

As I said, if this raffle doesn't follow some "worth based" system than they could be a smart way to entroduce very desidered dragons. We already have not more avaliable CB previously holidays... why should we extend this drama even to precious and wonderful dragon given us as gifts to be happy? xd.png

Edited by Naruhina_94

I don't think I can honestly say I "want to improve the trade market" as I hate "markets" in games with a passion, and I don't generally trade for anything big at all - just blood swaps and the like.

smile.gif I haven't used the trademarket at all so far. Or is glomp gifting / newbie gifting considered to be part of the trademarket? Not sure about that..... I am very grateful for all the glomp gifts I've received smile.gif

But in that I would like to see an end to inflated demands for those who DO like to trade for these things, and to people who get all bitter because they can't get prizes themselves, yes, I guess.
Same here. And.... it would be fun to see prizes turning up in the biomes. I guess that would be just a little selfish thing biggrin.gif

I think they're all good suggestions ^^ Multiclutches, more raffles, better breeding chances, more prizes if possible... I like the gradual CB release as well, but I feel that one will never happen.

Well, we can suggest it at least. If we don't we can be sure it will never happen smile.gif That's why I decided to include it anyway. I'm glad you like it smile.gif

At risk of being snapped at and called "greedy" as a prize owner, I'm hoping I can put my input in as well. xd.png

I personally would say no to releasing CB shimmers/tinsels in to the biomes just like that. Honestly, there was on suggestion I really liked....the one with the duller colored prize dragon. I don't think , forgive me if I sound greedy (I'm really not trying to be), just releasing the normal prize dragons out in to the biomes is the best course of action. As much as I hate exclusive dragons, these ARE exclusive. I don't think their exclusiveness need to be undone for the sake of...I dunno..."making things fair"??.

I know that sounds horrible, but hear me out. We were gien them as exclusive dragons, so I think they need to stay that way. I do fully support the alterate color being released though! I think that would be amaingly fun. C:

As for multi-clutches, I do not support even in the slightest. I bred some lineages from my dork exclusive to friends. If I had produced 4 eggs? That would really make me angry. I even have my own exclusive things an I dont want other people tog et specific lineages I bred exclusive to friends and myself just because you want to icnrease it. Honestly ; I feel like that would damage the ratios. I mean yeah, you said it was a chance, but I dont want that chance in case I'm trying to breed an exclusive gift for a friend or a fun lineage for myself.

I really hope I don't sound greedy (I know I probably do at some points...) but I'm honestly not trying to be that way, I'm just voicing my own opnion. Feel free to tear my opiion apart though biggrin.gif

I agree with both your points - I don't think it's greedy to want something that was promised as an exclusive prize to stay exclusive, and I also totally understand the multiclutch thing, 'cause sometimes knowing where/getting to specify where offspring ends up is important.

I don't support releasing CB prizes into the biomes at all. It would take away from their specialness.

Making the prizes breedable was a calculated risk. It gave the CB prize owners an incredibly skewed wealth, almost like instantly winning the lottery in addition to getting something special on their scrolls that no one else had. But it also enabled the rest of us to get the new sprites on our scrolls at ALL. So in balance, I think it was the right decision to make them breedable. The price of that is that we have to accept a few people being able to buy and sell the rest of us through sheer luck (well, the original tinsel owners got it through artistic skill, as well.) Trying to have our cake and eat it too by releasing CB prizes to the rest of us feels like it would be reneging on the deal, and robbing the winners of the fun of winning. Leave CB prizes to the actual prize winners.

I think multiclutching prizes would be a nice addition that would occasionally spread the wealth around a little bit, although it would have to scale down by generation or we'd all be suffocated with prizes and prizefails soon! True, it might annoy people who didn't want their offspring to be given away for free, but the same could be said of holiday multiclutches, and everyone has adapted to that quite well.

If you release CB shimmers and tinsels in the biomes, the issue is that the winners will now regret not having chosen an HM.

At risk of being snapped at and called "greedy" as a prize owner, I'm hoping I can put my input in as well. xd.png

I personally would say no to releasing CB shimmers/tinsels in to the biomes just like that. Honestly, there was on suggestion I really liked....the one with the duller colored prize dragon. I don't think , forgive me if I sound greedy (I'm really not trying to be), just releasing the normal prize dragons out in to the biomes is the best course of action. As much as I hate exclusive dragons, these ARE exclusive. I don't think their exclusiveness need to be undone for the sake of...I dunno..."making things fair"??.

I know that sounds horrible, but hear me out. We were gien them as exclusive dragons, so I think they need to stay that way.  I do fully support the alterate color being released though! I think that would be amaingly fun. C:

As for multi-clutches, I do not support even in the slightest. I bred some lineages from my dork exclusive to friends. If I had produced 4 eggs? That would really make me angry. I even have my own exclusive things an I dont want other people tog et specific lineages I bred exclusive to friends and myself just because you want to icnrease it. Honestly ; I feel like that would damage the ratios. I mean yeah, you said it was a chance, but I dont want that chance in case I'm trying to breed an exclusive gift for a friend or a fun lineage for myself.

I really hope I don't sound greedy (I know I probably do at some points...) but I'm honestly not trying to be that way, I'm just voicing my own opnion. Feel free to tear my opiion apart though biggrin.gif

I totally support about multi-clutches. smile.gif

You don't sound greedy because you don't want to smile.gif don't worry. I understand even your point of view, but this aspect of the game it's over who won and who don't.

It's a collectionable game. We have to raised dragon to adult stage, right?

Well, many people want them as CB. I think that even if it's not write anywere it IS a part of the game have a breed as CB.

Gamers do the game, otherwise there is no funny anymore.

You has right, you had an exclusive dragon, and if you want to use it for your only business you are totally right to do so.

2-3 (or maybe more) years are not enough for your CB dragon to breed what you want for you? There would still be many people who would give you an enourmous amount of rares to have a 2nd gen before its breed will be relased into the cave, so way not share your treasure after that you will enjoy it until its last coin?

Also, I've seen the first tinsel raffle. So few dragons... they were so precious! many people insist to ask their lineage insted of the new tinsel of the second raffle!

There are very hard Collectors in this game (well... I think that it's enough clear why xd.png) and even after a shimmer-tinsel relase there would be many people who want only "original" prize dragon lineages! So we could all earn!

Finally, don't forget that they would still be rare as golds... They are so difficult to catch! many of them prefer to exchange for something else... Don't worry about the "precious value" of your CB shimmer, because you would still be very well prizewinning. wink.gif

EDIT

About the "exclusive" aspect we have both right, I think.

Your prize would be exclusive for some years, than it would just become a great trophies, searched from very collectors. And you will be one of the very few users who will can claim an originalCB Shimmer, like the ancestor of all breed.

But what they should say the owners of original relased CB Holly and Frilled? With HM you can obtain a new CB, it is not a shame? I mean, CB Holly and CB shimmer have almost the same value, but nobody complains about their raising, at least I didn't read about that. (hopefully)

Edited by Naruhina_94

I know that sounds horrible, but hear me out. We were gien them as exclusive dragons, so I think they need to stay that way.

I agree, when TJ gave them 'special prize dragon status' it's as good as promising they will stay that way. Of course I mean only CBs.

And here's where our opinions differ. Forgive me for sounding harsh, but I think this is your personal problem. Raffle suggestions cannot be shot down because some users want to keep self-bred lineages exclusive. It doesn't have a value as an argument for me.

...it doesn't mean I'm 100% ok with multiclutches. But it is something to consider.

Edited by natli

I think multiclutching prizes would be a nice addition that would occasionally spread the wealth around a little bit, although it would have to scale down by generation or we'd all be suffocated with prizes and prizefails soon! True, it might annoy people who didn't want their offspring to be given away for free, but the same could be said of holiday multiclutches, and everyone has adapted to that quite well.

I haven't been at DC for a second holiday of any holiday, but I probably won't breed any holidays due to multiclutching. I don't breed a lot anyway but the multiclutching idea would be an extra deterrent, because I could get offspring names ending up on my dragon's view page that reference things that are triggery to me, and I wouldn't want to have to worry about breeding enough that the names would all go to the linked offspring page instead.

Probably not a common issue, but.

If it were the case that Fertility changed and caused multiclutches, not just "Oh btw, ALL your dragons is multiclutching nao, lol!",* I think I'd be cool with it - it'd give me the choice to use it or not. And I think I would choose to use it. I said when I caught Luckiest Catch that I wanted to give others a chance to catch 2nd gens from her in the AP, but I've been screwed by breeding rates, so it's only ever happened once. I'd be fine with using Fertility on selected breedings to cause a multiclutch, though.

* I have no evidence for this, but it would seem that if multiclutching were enabled for Prizes, why not ALL dragons? Now *there'd* be a new thing to fuss about...

I agree, when TJ gave them 'special prize dragon status' it's as good as promising they will stay that way. Of course I mean only CBs.

And here's where our opinions differ. Forgive me for sounding harsh, but I think this is your personal problem. Raffle suggestions cannot be shot down because some users want to keep self-bred lineages exclusive. It doesn't have a value as an argument for me.

...it doesn't mean I'm 100% ok with multiclutches. But it is something to consider.

Err... Excuse me, I don't really understand your point of view xd.png

I don't want to be sarcastic or greedy, sorry if it sounds so sad.gif

Which is the difference between:

"force" the winners to give their 2nd gens like candies right now

or

waiting some years and relase a new but already loved breed "sacrificing" their privilege, but for which they have been able to enjoy widely?

If you "force" to give away their 2nd gen well.. it seems ugly... I mean, they would be all except exclusive if everybody will have 2nd gens in this way... I wouldn't breed anymore or I would keep all my eggs for me if someone would do this to me o.O

(And I remember that I'm a person who love gift eggs to everyone smile.gif )

Edited by Naruhina_94

I find this very interesting coming from you. I noticed in your profile you've got quite a specific wish list for tinsels with specific lineages. Or do you mean low-gen dragons?

It has a very simple explanation (one I've given more than 10 times already, 4 of them in this thread alone). I am only interested (and not actively looking for) for the first raffle lineages. I only kept that list due to a sense of duty and lazyness. Before the second raffle (I hadn't expected there to be more raffles), I was interested in getting a descendant from every single tinsel line, so I tried to keep count of the tinsels I had and hadn't.

By the time the second raffle came about, I totally lost interest in getting all lineages, and dedicated myself to other things, like hoarding terraes, working on other lineages and, generaly, collecting every sprite.

If you observe, I clearly put I like staircase 2 breed, no longer than 10 gen. That limit is because I want to see where it comes from, which means I'm happy enough with a tenth generation.

When shimmers were released, I waited till they were cheap, then caught some, traded for others and was gifted a couple. In total, I have only 6 shimmers, and I am not interested in getting any more. I have the sprites, what more do I need?

Actually, I had a tinsel I bred, I put to trade today. A hatchie I was trying to use with others to trade for a metal I needed as a gift for someone. Long story short, I kept the egg and really had not use for it so I thought, after this thread, and since I didn't have anything better to do, that I could trade it for another tinsel.

Then I remembered I needed a tan ridgewing and ended up trading it for one.

When I'll fulfill my goal? Probably never at the rate I'm going. cool.gif

I think that pretty much shows where my interest in tinsels and shimmers went.

The list? It just stayed... I keep most of my data in a notebook, but that list in my profile was to facilitate trades when I used to do them (frequently in the past). I would open up a trade and direct traders to my profile, faster than copying everything down on the trade post.

Since I never found a new use for the profile, the list stayed. Actually, until very recently (that I happened to go there, I don't remember why), I had completely forgotten about its existence. laugh.gif