Pokemonfan13

ANSWERED:Suggestions to improve the raffle

uhm... you're right I suppose. Anyway to breed their CB they must take 4 slots free, don't do anything else... it's a "little" way to forced them, even because I wouldn't see a very change if they can keep all 4 eggs and decides to trade/keep and there would not be the auto-abandon action... I think I'm by their side on this part, I don't want that Others decide about My dragon wink.gif

I prefer instead claim my wonderful CB prize dragon for some years, trade all the tradable and finally see everyone happy to catch them after that I've enjoy the treasure first of them smile.gif

No. If I breed a Holiday dragon in the holiday period, I only need 1 slot free to breed so everything doesn't auto AP.

So I can have six eggs and four eggs produced from the holiday clutch. The eggs only 'count' when you choose one to keep.

I can also have technically 28 holiday eggs on my scroll (four from each dragon) if I haven't chosen any to keep, though they'd be auto abandoned after a while if I hadn't chosen the one from each clutch to keep.

Edited by DarkEternity

Other games I play just reward people (everyone) for playing their winter games with unique creatures that you don't otherwise get. In my honest opinion, I'd rather have that

Isn't that kinda the Holiday dragons? They are a reward for being on at the holiday, aren't hard at all to get at the time but are near impossible to get after the season is over (in a CB at least)

I mean, yes, its really hard to get a CB prize, but that is what makes them so special. I will say though that I'm not really a prize collector, I have a few on my scroll just to complete it but I don't really feel the need to get all the lineages.

Also, I don't really see prize owners trading the offspring as 'greed'. Is someone who makes negs greedy for trading them? If I hatch an Alt black am I greedy for trading it instead of just giving it to someone who doesn't have one? I mean, yeah some of the things on the site you need to work for/hope for. Thats not a bad thing, if everyone got everything with ease the game would be kinda boring IMHO.

I think I'd be more relaxed if I wasn't simultaneously being blamed by inference for either accepting silly amounts of CB metals/Hollies/whatever OR not accepting silly amounts of CB metals/Hollies/whatever.  I'm really not sure what I'm expected to do or not do by the general populace any more, but it sure ain't tickling my Generosity node...

@tjekan:  Errmmmm.... how so?  (Plus, I haven't been arguing *against* multiclutching.  Just... asking for a bit of choice over it.)

You are free to accept whatever you want with your prize, no one is judging you, no need to feel like that (edit: previously "go on a victim trip" - so it doesn't cause confusion with quotes, figured better words to describe it), you owe us nothing. We do however judge/don't support the current rarity of the prize dragons which leads to (obviously) people trading rares for them. It's not your fault, it's the current-situation-we-are-discussing's fault. I apologize if someone called you greedy, I know for a fact that you are not. Trading is part of the game, it's how things work

Also, just because something exists in real life and just because it works like that in real life, it doesn't mean I have to accept it. Specially since to me it doesn't make sense in the context of this game.

@rumor33: You don't play any games to win the christmas dragons ^^ I meant, instead of a raffle, reward creatures for completing events/quests. It's in my opinion less disappointing for people that way. But that's my point of view

Edited by LaHaine

Anyways, I really don't see multiclutches being helpful at all. Really, I don't. They're not increasing shimmers at all. And if they're forced on us, I seriously wouldn't want it and would not breed mine again just because of that. Only if it's optional.

And I don't think its...fair..to group the winners based on if we use it or not. In my opinion? xd.png

Okay, so... if there were a BSA that caused multi-clutching...

Can you imagine the AP? All the non-forum players who would discover the BSA and go "Whee! That's cool!" and multi-clutch whenever their Purples or whatever cooled down, without knowing anything about the history of the AP and cave blockers and ratios and whatnot? I really can't see it being a good idea. We're so backed up, as it is.

I don't think it's a good idea to institute multi-clutching only on prizes, either, because I do understand players wanting to control where their offspring end up. If they want to play in a way where they *don't* randomly drop great stuff in the AP, I can't blame them.

I feel like we're probably in a period of "wait and see." Right now, there are a LOT more prizes entering play, and Tinsels are being reintroduced as new prize options. Those are two things that will probably have a ripple effect, and I don't think any other changes should be made until we see how this year plays out. We also don't know anything about the breeding ratios -- I mean, for all I know, TJ is already tweaking the breeding success of the Prize dragons so that they produce shinies twice as often, or something.

Not seeing any need for a "universal" version of a Prize dragon in a different color or anything. That isn't the point. The point is, people want more 2nd and 3rd gen Prize dragons in play. Also, each year, we already get two gorgeous new Christmas dragons. So, everyone *does* get the same awesome thing, and then there is also the raffle.

Really, above *all,* I think the root of the discontent (apart from people who just wanted to win, they will always exist) is that there are so few low-gen Prize dragons produced and entering play. For some people, the issue is building lineages. For others, it's that trading has become nigh on impossible. How can a player with a slow connection or limited computer time possibly hope to trade for those CB metals and Trios they'll never be able to catch, or the ND they can't make, if everyone who *can* catch CB metals and Trios and make NDs is hoarding them all in a desperate attempt to trade them for a 2nd-gen Tinsel or Shimmer? I don't believe the winners are obliged to share anything if they don't want to, but even the winners who *want* to make lists, trade fairly, gift randomly, or raffle off their shiny dragons just can't DO it enough for the demand to ebb! However, our prize dragons just doubled in number. So, the supply may well take the edge off the demand -- again, it seems to me like a time to just wait and see.

Edited by Kelkelen

You are free to accept whatever you want with your prize, no one is judging you, no need to feel like that, you owe us nothing. We do however judge/don't support the current rarity of the prize dragons which leads to (obviously) people trading rares for them. It's not your fault, it's the current-situation-we-are-discussing's fault. I apologize if someone called you greedy, I know for a fact that you are not. Trading is part of the game, it's how things work

Also, just because something exists in real life and just because it works like that in real life, it doesn't mean I have to accept it. Specially since to me it doesn't make sense in the context of this game.

*ahem* I *do* do what I want with my prize (when the little madam lets me). And frankly, most of my situation is self-created because I was over-ambitious regarding breeding rates. But that wasn't meant to be a "victim trip" (as you called it before you edited) - that's my observation of what I've seen people saying here. And it's a little wearing to hear people constantly complain that they didn't get 2nd gens the moment they waved something expensive about. And that of course must mean we want *MORE*, not that maybe we have full lists or simply didn't see that trade.

Personally, I think most of this discussion is moot until the new prizes have been distributed and grown up. Tinsel and Shimmer numbers have doubled - maaaaaaybe wait a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference, hmmm?

There are three ways of getting a 2g prize.

1. Getting gifted

2. PMing the owner

3. "Waving" so-called expensive dragons in an attempt to trade for 2gs

Now option 3 might seem completely degenerate, but the matter of fact is option 2 is often seen as spammy and a breach of privacy even if it's polite.

The very fact that we warn newbies/winners away from declaring that they have one a prize is an attempt to prevent option number 2.

And Option 1 is completely out of most people's control.

So option 3 is the only option that most of us have in order to obtain a prize.

And no, people do not just "wave" dragons because I/we want to show off.

Edited by DarkEternity

As the first post says this isn't a topic to be greedy. I'm deeply sorry for those CB prize owners that are feelling unfairly attacked here, because I now that there are many of them that have gifted/traded and helped so many people!

You know what you did, then you also know that we are not obviously referring to you.

We are looking for a solution that will solve this situation were you are full of message and bothered both if you gift/trade both if not. In the same time we (and you obviously!) had no way to do our lineage as we want.

You're not a private cave which spammed eggs, this is the point. Do a person want to do a marvelous gift? This person is a nice and kind person. But if this person want to keep a monopoly and the power to decide for everybody about a dragon than everybody will has something to say, there is no way :/

I'm sorry sad.gif I'm really trying to find a solution... and it's very hard since this is not my language and every post it's a risk to insult someone by mistake unsure.gif

Personally, I think most of this discussion is moot until the new prizes have been distributed and grown up. Tinsel and Shimmer numbers have doubled - maaaaaaybe wait a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference, hmmm?

This is really how I feel about this discussion at the moment. TJ said he's not going reveal statistics regarding entries and that he feels the win rate is appropriate, so that whole part of this situation can't even really be discussed any longer. I've been watching this thread today and everything is just going in a pointless circle. It really is best to wait and see what doubling the population of CB Prizes will result in.

*ahem*  I *do* do what I want with my prize (when the little madam lets me).  And frankly, most of my situation is self-created because I was over-ambitious regarding breeding rates.  But that wasn't meant to be a "victim trip" (as you called it before you edited) - that's my observation of what I've seen people saying here.  And it's a little wearing to hear people constantly complain that they didn't get 2nd gens the moment they waved something expensive about.  And that of course must mean we want *MORE*, not that maybe we have full lists or simply didn't see that trade.

Personally, I think most of this discussion is moot until the new prizes have been distributed and grown up.  Tinsel and Shimmer numbers have doubled  - maaaaaaybe wait a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference, hmmm?

I didn't mean victim trip, that's why I edited it, I meant when you feel guilty and that everyone is against you regardless of what you decide to do.

The matter of full lists was also addressed before many pages ago when we talked about people who get on lists early on and then one year later those lists still aren't cleared (with my 2nd gen I'm in this situation and it's frustrating), making it even more impossible for others to have access to low gens. Didn't know people were accusing winners of wanting even more because of that, I'm sorry, haven't read all the new posts x.x

The discussion continued because we were asked for opinions regarding the current changes (at that point yes most of us were saying "let's wait and see") and then it increased in number of posts from there on because different points of view started being analyzed. Just thought you should know why this thread is still going strong

But like many other things, TJ hasn't made his opinion on anything besides the statistcs thing twice (TJ did say he can change his mind - and he has many times before - his words aren't set on stone), but it's starting to feel pointless to discuss this further. I don't have new arguments or suggestions, so I will be staying away until I have some useful input to give

Edited by LaHaine

It is, as I have probably said before, even more unfortunate that IOUs are banned across all trading threads when pretty much the only way of having a chance of getting on a 2g trade list is to make an IOU. When it is in part the (yes, I know it is something that is intended, but..) scarcity of said dragons and the fact there is no other method of getting said offspring that encourages people to engage in the risky behaviour that the board so prohibits.

Edited by DarkEternity

This is really how I feel about this discussion at the moment. TJ said he's not going reveal statistics regarding entries and that he feels the win rate is appropriate, so that whole part of this situation can't even really be discussed any longer. I've been watching this thread today and everything is just going in a pointless circle. It really is best to wait and see what doubling the population of CB Prizes will result in.

*nods* Yeah, bed time for me now. I should know better than to get involved in these things.

@LaHaine: Frankly, I've done the best I can regarding lists, which is the advice thread in which I and other Prize owners (<3 Commander Wymsy!) make it as clear as we can that long lists are BAD! What others choose to do or not do with that advice is up to them, however. Though doubtless the people who hoped to buy or bully their way onto 2nd gen lists early are annoyed with me. I can't say that I really care about that, though. *shrug*

*nods* Yeah, bed time for me now. I should know better than to get involved in these things.

@LaHaine: Frankly, I've done the best I can regarding lists, which is the advice thread in which I and other Prize owners (<3 Commander Wymsy!) make it as clear as we can that long lists are BAD! What others choose to do or not do with that advice is up to them, however. Though doubtless the people who hoped to buy or bully their way onto 2nd gen lists early are annoyed with me. I can't say that I really care about that, though. *shrug*

I'm curious. How many PMs do you get about your shimmer even though you've written to NOT PM? Is it still an issue?

If there are more people winning, there'd probably be more PMs as well so I'm not exactly sure if more winners/multiclutching = fewer pms

(if anything, people'd probably just start collecting 2gs instead of having a few or none.)

Ah DC and its rather unsolvable problems.

I'm curious. How many PMs do you get about your shimmer even though you've written to NOT PM? Is it still an issue?

I'm not Amazon obviously, but I feel I can respond to this well enough since it pretty much applies to me as well.

When I tell people not to PM me about something regarding my dragon, most people actually do listen and do not PM me. Unwanted PMs are few and far between. I get more PMs about it in the IRC, where there aren't profiles, once somebody learns that I'm the owner of Galletian Victory. In that case I'm polite and tell them the status of my lists so they're aware, and they thank me for responding and we both go our separate ways.

Edit: After I posted this it reminded me of a few cases where I actually had somebody PM me, then have a 2nd PM from them just minutes later containing an apology and that they didn't notice the line in my profile/signature.

Edited by Commander Wymsy

I'm not Amazon obviously, but I feel I can respond to this well enough since it pretty much applies to me as well.

When I tell people not to PM me about something regarding my dragon, most people actually do listen and do not PM me. Unwanted PMs are few and far between. I get more PMs about it in the IRC, where there aren't profiles, once somebody learns that I'm the owner of Galletian Victory. In that case I'm polite and tell them the status of my lists so they're aware, and they thank me for responding and we both go our separate ways.

Edit: After I posted this it reminded me of a few cases where I actually had somebody PM me, then have a 2nd PM from them just minutes later containing an apology and that they didn't notice the line in my profile/signature.

Okay I just wanted to know if its still an issue but I guess if DarkEternity says that its an unsolvable problem even with multiclutching/more raffles then its irrelevant. *sighs* I just want to try again in a raffle. Sure Im new but newer people have won while some of the oldest players cant even get a 2nd gen. It was fun participating in the raffle and Id love to try again in the summer. Sorry for repeating a point over and over again but I really think more raffles > multiclutching.

@tjekan:  Errmmmm.... how so?  (Plus, I haven't been arguing *against* multiclutching.  Just... asking for a bit of choice over it.)

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply you were for or against multiclutching. Sorry if it came off rude, I was aiming for amusing. :-) You were complaining that you never have a chance to create pretty lineages with your prize dragon because it produces shinies so rarely. So I was suggesting that if you had multiclutches, you'd have four times as many chances for a shimmer egg each time you bred your dragon. That's all. :-)

Though doubtless the people who hoped to buy or bully their way onto 2nd gen lists early are annoyed with me.

Actually you probably did them a favor too. I got onto a shimmerscale list the first week they were released (no bullying involved of course.) There were a dozen people in front of me. I'm still waiting. Long lists are not the friends of either the prize owners or the would-be traders, IMHO!

Edited by tjekan

Okay I just wanted to know if its still an issue but I guess if DarkEternity says that its an unsolvable problem even with multiclutching/more raffles then its irrelevant.

It probably wouldn't solve one aspect - PMs, but it might solve other aspects.

Really, above *all,* I think the root of the discontent (apart from people who just wanted to win, they will always exist) is that there are so few low-gen Prize dragons produced and entering play. For some people, the issue is building lineages. For others, it's that trading has become nigh on impossible.

I'm looking at it from a more positive angle, personally. Not because disgruntled raffle losers need to be placated, but because this sounds like a suggestion that could keep more people interested in the game long-term. Multiclutches would not increase the number of prize eggs out there, but they *would* have the effect of increasing the number of 2nd and 3rd gen prize eggs in circulation at the expense of higher-gen ones. This would make trading more fun (everybody's interested in a 2nd-gen egg and nobody wants a 7th-gen one, so this skew would be to everyone's advantage.) Additionally, the excess eggs dropping to the AP (with the permission of the breeder) would provide an additional (albeit rare) path to getting a low-gen shimmer or tinsel or prizefail: stalking the AP. Anytime there's a second path to getting what you want, it keeps more people tuned in.

Seems like a win-win to me. It won't bother me if it's never implemented; I just think it would be useful if it did.

I wonder if CB Prizes could be coded so that they always breed, and that every breeding has a 50% chance of producing a Prize? Would allow more low gens to get into circulation quickly while still allowing for fails, would let lists be cleared (and re-opened) more quickly, and would probably please the prize winners as they'd never have to bang their heads over weeks and weeks of failed breeding attempts. The downside, of course, is that it could decrease the amount of higher gen Prizes being bred, but hopefully the increase in low gens would compensate for the slightly lower chance of breeding success. Alternately, perhaps Prizes would only be coded to do such true breeding for the first year, after which they would breed like the rest...?

... The firs year tinsels...they worked for their prize winning for one. The rest of us got ucky, but we still did work to get the raffle tickets to be lucky. All of it was earned not just from luck, bt form actually doing the events to be able to have a chance. Whats the point in doing all that to have a chance if it'll just ebr eleased later. I certainly wouldn't put a smuch effort as I do in events now if I knew that. Yes people will be impatient and still want to win, ut honestly..I don't know..I just think they'll lsoe something. Not vaue - no again I don't care about that. I look at my dumb dragon and remember how painfl it was to figure out how to boil water. xd.png

Lol, we get a fun event plus an entry into a raffle .

My personal take would be more that we had fun with the event and a random group of participants won a special prize, rather than that the painfully labouring winners '... still did work to get the raffle tickets to be lucky. All of it was earned not just from luck, bt form actually doing the events to be able to have a chance. Whats the point in doing all that to have a chance if it'll just ebr eleased later. I certainly wouldn't put a smuch effort as I do in events now if I knew that. ...'

You don't have to justify your win, if that's the underlying feeling involved - it was a perfectly fair random selection among a group of participants of (secret) size, lol. smile.gif

Personally, I'm leaning more toward Prize dragons being Prize dragons, rather than being Released in the Cave; however, having an extremely limited chance at an advance ownership of several years on a New Release as a Prize - and the potential for enormous trades for offspring during that period as a result - would be indeed an advantage that would have been sheer joy to everyone winning, had it been presented in that light in the beginning.

However, I would like to point out that everyone else who entered the draw had the same fun/labour (however you choose to phrase it) as was required to qualify for the raffle as did everyone who won, and it would be nice if, given an opportunity, the winners were willing to share with the community by letting some Prizekin and the odd low-gen Tinsel/Shimmer from a multi-clutch enter the AP for someone randomly fortunate among the non-Prize-winning community.

It's lovely for the people you specifically choose to gift to have an exclusive version, (although I admit the charm of this doesn't much appeal to me,) but would most people lose all interest in having a gifted low-gen Prize dragon because there was a chance that another egg of that line might be owned by someone making a lucky AP catch?

I used to hate multi-clutched eggs that I didn't think others would want being produced to fill up the AP when I was breeding for something specific, but when they were what was then desirable, that was great, although I hated it when they died.

That sort of risk in various areas was accepted then, and the end of multi-clutching, apart from Holidays, was a welcomed improvement to an over-stocked AP that used to block the Cave from appearing - I should hate to see it return for most dragons, because so many of the eggs would be duplicates of typically unwanted breds.

In the suggested case of graduated low-gen Prize multi-clutching, an increase in breeding ratios would be required to make this work, just as one will also be for the increase in Prizes about to be handed out to new winners.

But I would love it if my almost never-producing 2nd gen Tinsel would multi-clutch up to 3 eggs, not only increasing my chances of getting an actual Tinsel egg, but of perhaps having an odd extra go to the AP, and the same for my 2 3rd gens, equally recalcitrant in production, possibly producing 2 eggs, (sorta, lol, but not really) doubling my chances of finally making a decent swap or gift and perhaps, from time to time, producing an extra that would make somebody's day.

You see, I can understand what a difference it can make to somebody, having a sucky RL and perhaps finding even DC too close to the depressing and often hopeless daily slog, having a stroke of luck, something nice happen, even though just a virtual egg in a collection game - and I think if you thought about it, you'd understand, too.

I think I'd be more relaxed if I wasn't simultaneously being blamed by inference for either accepting silly amounts of CB metals/Hollies/whatever OR not accepting silly amounts of CB metals/Hollies/whatever. I'm really not sure what I'm expected to do or not do by the general populace any more, but it sure ain't tickling my Generosity node...

@tjekan: Errmmmm.... how so? (Plus, I haven't been arguing *against* multiclutching. Just... asking for a bit of choice over it.)

AW, I am really and truly sorry if my post was part of what prompted this. Blaming anyone or anything (beyond the fundamental nature of the game) was never my intent. unsure.gif

I chose the phrasing 'selfless' vs 'selfish' as an alternative to the 'nice' vs 'nasty' framing that I learned when I was introduced to the Prisoner's Dilemma concept, because neither accepting/offering or not accepting/offering exorbitant offers for low-gens is a nasty or immoral action. The one is acting in completely rational self-interest, which due to the scarcity has disproportionately huge effects on the community. The other is acting against one's interest for the sake of the community, but relies on absolutely everyone doing the same to produce any results- and still results in low-gens being virtually unobtainable even if they're affordable, because the demand continues to be much greater than the supply.

The point I was trying, and possibly failing, to make is that blame shouldn't be pointed at any individual prize owners or traders; the only way to avoid this kind of scarcity/inflation/PM avalanche situation is to not have exclusive dragons at all (too late) or for the numbers of low-gens to somehow be increased. If we keep getting Tinsels and Shimmers every raffle instead of getting new breeds of prize every two or so years it should help ease things in the long term... but it may be a while before we start really feeling a significant difference.

Forcing multiclutching only on certain gens or breeds is the wrong way, in my opinion. IF it is to be introduced again, it should be a) either optional or c) for all dragons again. I really like the idea of purples upping the chances of multiclutching, as it is a very much visible result, compared to the uglyness of not knowing if they did anything. smile.gif

That aside, amazon, I can perfectly understand you. And I have the perfect solution: give all babies from catch to me. biggrin.gif

Now I'll need to decide whether I want to try and trade for 2gs, 3gs or none at all. From what I have seen, many of those complaining about the high prices are already offering - high prices, that is. So maybe wait and see what happens instead. Ratios for sure will make many people unhappy, and this thread will see another rise in march/april because them prizes won't bred even remotely as well as the first year shimemrs.

I still like the idea of every dragon, not just prizes, having multi-clutches. I don't think it would hurt the ratios, their success depends on those ratios anyway and you wouldn't get four eggs every time. A Silver x Nocturne pair is still more likely to produce Nocturnes than Silvers.

I don't think giving people a choice would make any difference in regards to prizes because most either would forget it exists or would refuse to use it anyway.

And no, I'm not trying to insult anyone or call anyone selfish or whatever, I'm just stating a fact. If you have something that people are willing to pay a lot for, why would you choose to give it away for free? The logical answer is you wouldn't.

I also like the idea of prizes being released in the biomes, but only a while after they were first given away and only if they were a recolor not based on metal. The Tinsels could be a deep red and the Shimmers could be light blue, for example. That way the Gold/Silver/Bronze variants would still retain their value as you can't get those colors except by trading.

Imagine the AP potentially tripled with bred commons, many likely messy and unwanted by most.

Commons are the most reliable producers, and were, at least as I recall, the most likely to produce larger clutches.

One messy egg sprite may be taken for freezing by someone wanting a lower-time egg to produce a sprite for the purpose - 3 or 4 of the same requires more people willing to do so, or more people simply sacrificing their time and/or freezing slots to the purpose of getting some few of them out of the way.

Multiply by all the commons bred, not just the lineage breeders with nice even-gens, but all of those randomly bred by newer people breeding their scrolls for fun, every week - not one potentially produced, but up to 4 (again) now - how cool!

(Yes, of course it's their right, and of course some people don't mind or even like messy/inbred lineages - but most forum people don't, and are often looking for useful common mates/CBs, so if there are very many, they tend to pile up on the visible surface of the AP and block everything else off.)

With the return of multiclutching for all dragons comes the strong potential of the return of an AP in which nothing useful to anyone present may appear across the whole of a picked-over top layer showing, in an AP many people may predominately or entirely lose interest in hunting, with a backlog of bred eggs up to three quarters of which might likely be of little or no interest to anyone looking for CB commons or anything else.

And anything of interest will remain behind that backlog until it's reduced.

My days of AP clearance are long over, and many people had grown sick of this scroll-filling bore long before TJ fixed the AP Cave-Blocking issue and the multi-clutch issue to produce the fun and useful AP we have now.

I gather you weren't around while multi-clutching was an issue - if you had, you wouldn't be speaking of only the ratios in regard to any prospect of its return, lol.

It has just occurred to me that one REALLY REALLY nice thing about the raffle is that the prizes are random. This means that people with terrible connections, ancient machines, or arthritis which makes them unable to hunt well have the same chance as anyone else to get a CB that is rare. As they will so often never get a metallic - or even a bluna - in the biomes and so on - this really pleases me.

Just saying. Yet another reason not to rule out new players ! and not to make it dependent on high speed games, either.

In fairness, very few these days. Mostly from very hopeful newbies that probably didn't think to read my profile (or did but think they're an exception).

@Syphoneira: That'd only happen if multiclutching were re-enabled for ALL dragons regardless and tbh, I'd think that's the route TJ would go rather than enabling it for one specific set of dragons - in general he does not seem fond of special exceptions. If it were a BSA (Purple or other), I doubt many people would have the desire or capacity to use it on every single breeding. And since the AP no longer blocks the Cave, I don't think it's a huge issue anyway. Even the messiest Canopy seems to get picked up eventually...