sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

I do agree! I'd rather see the scales spread out for now than breed a fancy dead-end egg.

What sort of a shimmerkin are you looking for, Point?

Edit: Though I feel that the question is better asked in the said breeding thread.

Not sure. They just look pretty with everything. Altough lumina, greenwing, GW, red nebula and moonstones do seem to be my favorite pairings.

But I'm just happy I made it to one list biggrin.gif Whatever is the egg breed when it comes my turn, I'll be satisfied happy.gif

This is thread for prizes - I don't think anyone is bothered by us discussing their breeding here.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

It's really nice to see people being so thoughtful about lineages where the ease/possibilities of continuing it are concerned. I know most of them are going to be stairsteps and spirals, but I am unbelievably happy to see the interest in even gens!

I hear you on that. I'm both on lists for a 2nd gen shimmer and shimmerkin. The Shimmer's partner will depend on the breed of a shimmerkin - I'm making a checker even if I have to sell my soul.

@PointOfOrigin -- I hope you don't have to sell your soul for the checkerboard. But if that's what it takes... tongue.gif I like your picks for breeds, too, and really hope you're able to pull one of those off.

God. I'd love to make a beautiful even gen lineage with silas' babies too. ;;

@Woflsong -- Oh, please do! I mean, it would be inbred if you use only offspring from Silas. I'm a fan of deliberately inbred even gens but if you want to avoid that, I bet you could swap 2G shimmerkin with other CB owners--or would the charm be gone if they weren't all descended from Silas?

Edited by miaou

First attempted breeding for my first (of many C: ) 2nd gen shimmers. They produced a fail, but I still took the baby. Pretty!!

That's not a combination I would have thought of but it looks quite nice together! At least with the female harvest sprite anyway. It's kind of funny how some of the shimmers only look good ( IMO) with the male only or female only of some breeds.

@Woflsong -- Oh, please do! I mean, it would be inbred if you use only offspring from Silas. I'm a fan of deliberately inbred even gens but if you want to avoid that, I bet you could swap 2G shimmerkin with other CB owners--or would the charm be gone if they weren't all descended from Silas?

Not at all, i'd rather they not all be descended from him. But I'd at least like to swap babies with someone who bred their CB shimmer with the same thing that I bread Silas with.

Stop giving me ideas, people! xd.png

Now I'm trying very hard not to think of doing a planned-inbred EG lineage with Catch...

...oh, and you'd better believe that I'm plotting some even-gen lineages with Shimmers! tongue.gif *points at member title* For example, this needs to happen, I think. wink.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

The way the shimmers are breeding, if they were a car I'd have to say:

"DAMMNIT, TJ, EASE UP ON THE CHOKE, WILL YA??"

laugh.gif

Maybe, in the long run, it will be of benefit that the Shimmers breed like this? Like, if they carry on breeding at about this level of success, it won't cause the same problems as we had with Tinsels, or not as much. There won't be a load of them being bred, and then them not breeding at all for months. Just my thoughts.

I know we all want them breeding better so they get distributed, but maybe them not being like Tinsels were isn't such a bad thing?

*Goes back to lurking*

...oh, and you'd better believe that I'm plotting some even-gen lineages with Shimmers! tongue.gif *points at member title* For example, this needs to happen, I think. wink.gif

oh, that´s a really pretty Lineage =) I really love Red Dragons in combination with Metallics ^^

Weee!! It took 3 weeks but I finally got my baby!

I love Whites so I'm very happy with this pairing. <3

No PM's please!

No PM's please!

\o/ Yay for white pairings! =D Congrats on your egg. Also yay for even gens @ AW.

No PM's please!

Congratulations! The bronze is beautiful and it looks amazing with white. smile.gif

No PM's please!

I think that just became my favorite pairing! Congratulations! xd.png

Congrats Tiki!

@PointOfOrigin -- I hope you don't have to sell your soul for the checkerboard. But if that's what it takes... tongue.gif I like your picks for breeds, too, and really hope you're able to pull one of those off.

But I love my soul! I think it's pretty... which will probably be the reason for somebody to take it tongue.gif Thank you! I do love a Brigh X Pale color combination. But, if I ever manage to do an even gen, it probably won't be longer then a third gen. Anything longer then that would require resources I don't have.

@Amazon_Warrior: pretty. Can't wait to see what else you can think off.

No PM's please!

oooh, thats a really pretty pairing. I like how white goes with it. Congratulations <3 May you have good breeding in the future xd.png

No PM's please!

Beautiful, congrats! biggrin.gif

Oh, Bronze x White is lovely. I think I like that one better than Lumina.

I'm happy that some Shimmers are going even-gen. Seemed like all the tinsels went stairstep, I rarely see even-gen checkers with them.

Thanks everyone. <3

I really hope this guy isn't as bad a breeder as my 2nd Gen Tinsel. >.<

No PM's please!

Great combo! Congratulations biggrin.gif

I really think Shimmerscales are pretty with the Sunsongs. I'm on a list but it'll be along while til I get mine. Until then Scalefail hunting! I just wish I had any luck with that, so far: none.

Edited by Atreli

I just realized that none of the prize winners that we know of took the slightly inappropriate code that I just knew someone would take. I dunno if I should be happy that it's still free if I ever win a raffle, but it's kinda surprising. xd.png

(even if it was taken, I still have a million other epic codes I would choose)

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

Well to some satan would be mildly inappropriate for Christmas (though I find it amusing) xd.png

Well to some satan would be mildly inappropriate for Christmas (though I find it amusing) xd.png

'Specially as it was originally destined to be a Holly! tongue.gif

Stop giving me ideas, people!  xd.png

Now I'm trying very hard not to think of doing a planned-inbred EG lineage with Catch...

...oh, and you'd better believe that I'm plotting some even-gen lineages with Shimmers!  tongue.gif  *points at member title*  For example, this needs to happen, I think.  wink.gif

Oh, I had no doubt *you* would do even gens! In fact, when I saw your post about Luckiest Catch, my first thought was, "Oh, yay--there are going to be EG shimmer lineages!" tongue.gif

(I truly wouldn't mind seeing deliberate inbreeding EG shimmer projects. Just sayin'.)

No PM's please!

Congratulations! Another very lovely combination there.

Edited by miaou

Foal made it's way to filly? So glad to see that, love the code pairing!