sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

@Tawanda001 and Gist It's up to the both of you. I have two CB Hellfire eggs on my scroll right now that I influenced to be male, it's just a matter of them hatching/growing up in time.

@Prowl And you thought Logic was stubborn? I think Shine has got him beat. DX

@Tawanda001 and Gist It's up to the both of you. I have two CB Hellfire eggs on my scroll right now that I influenced to be male, it's just a matter of them hatching/growing up in time.

@Prowl And you thought Logic was stubborn? I think Shine has got him beat. DX

Well in a waaay he is? His only grown kid so far refused his first mate as well.

I wish you the best of luck with shine next week. If you ever need more CB commons to be a mate, PM me. I'll be glad to help you <3

Silas will be the king of stubbornness if he gives me a silver egg tomorrow.

sobbing

Silas will be the king of stubbornness if he gives me a silver egg tomorrow.

sobbing

I'd rather have a Silver... Out of three weeks of breeding I've gotten two Hellfires from Shine. :/

I know how you feel. I've been breeding Silas to the same mate, a tri-horn, every single week and he continually gives me tri-horn eggs instead of shimmer.

I'm thinking of trying him with a silver tomorrow night when he's able to breed, but I really, really love the tri-hornxshimmer combo. But, if he's just going to keep giving me tri-horn eggs, then I don't know what else to do.

Any advice? Maybe trying him with the silver and then switching back to the tri-horn if he doesn't produce a shimmer?

I just saw the tri-horn and silver shimmer combination... and I have to say, it really is gorgeous. ._.

Going crazy waiting for Shao Shi becoming eligible to being bred again. T_T I can't even remember what time I attempted breeding last week, so I have to keep refreshing periodically to check. :|

I'd rather have a Silver... Out of three weeks of breeding I've gotten two Hellfires from Shine. :/

I've gotten two tri-horns.

If you'd breed Shine with a silver, you could probably get one. biggrin.gif

I'm not really expecting much tomorrow. I want a shimmer, but I'll probably get a silver, or worse, no egg at all. He hasn't bred one shimmer yet.

@ kiyoura: I know. omg. It's probably my favorite pairing ever, but I just can't get a shimmer from it.

It's too bad things like this aren't being made extra fertile so everyone can get one faster.

It's too bad things like this aren't being made extra fertile so everyone can get one faster.

That would be nice.

But that would ruin the ratios, probably. ;;

I know how you feel. I've been breeding Silas to the same mate, a tri-horn, every single week and he continually gives me tri-horn eggs instead of shimmer.

I'm thinking of trying him with a silver tomorrow night when he's able to breed, but I really, really love the tri-hornxshimmer combo. But, if he's just going to keep giving me tri-horn eggs, then I don't know what else to do.

Any advice? Maybe trying him with the silver and then switching back to the tri-horn if he doesn't produce a shimmer?

Try a different tri-horn. I have to say, I have seen your eggs and the combo is really nice, then again the regular silver is my favorite dragon ohmy.gif

Edited by Karobb

Try a different tri-horn. I have to say, I have seen your eggs and the combo is really nice, then again the regular silver is my favorite dragon ohmy.gif

I will probably try it with the silver, and then I'll switch tri-horns if that doesn't work.

Thanks <3

I think with Tri-horns the issue is that their own ratio has yet to 'catch up' (they were only released in...Nov I think?), as I still see them drop frequently in Alpine. So, that may be why you keep getting Tri-horns from your Shimmer....

I'm thinking that's it.

If I just keep doing it, I'm sure I'll start getting more and more shimmers.

It's a little sad, because it's sooo gorgeous.

I'm thinking that's it.

If I just keep doing it, I'm sure I'll start getting more and more shimmers.

It's a little sad, because it's sooo gorgeous.

Sometimes it just takes getting a mate that clicks, someone bred a shimmer from a horse dragon and a magi, those are way more common than a tri horn and it still worked.

Sometimes it just takes getting a mate that clicks [...]

This. Try a new mate. Eventually you'll get one that gives you more successes than fails.

So, so happy to report that Layla successfully bred a shimmer egg! Now I can start contacting people on my list.

So, so happy to report that Layla successfully bred a shimmer egg! Now I can start contacting people on my list.

Congrats!

In my opinion, male moonstones look great with everything. Females... it depends. In this case, I have a feeling that females would go well with both bronze and gold prizes, but not so much with silvers, since they would be too similar in color.

I'll take anything involving a Shimmer-scale. I don't care if it's inbred or anything... just as long as I could possibly get one.

Congrats!

In my opinion, male moonstones look great with everything. Females... it depends. In this case, I have a feeling that females would go well with both bronze and gold prizes, but not so much with silvers, since they would be too similar in color.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/KZZsb

Female moonstones and male gold shimmerscales actually go quite nice together. biggrin.gif I'm sure a male moonstone and female silver shimmerscale would look quite lovely as well xd.png

http://dragcave.net/lineage/KZZsb

Female moonstones and male gold shimmerscales actually go quite nice together. biggrin.gif  I'm sure a male moonstone and female silver shimmerscale would look quite lovely as well xd.png

They look even better then I've imagined wub.gif I hope that lineage will become common.

I agree on male moonstones. I don't even like the pose that much, but that deep blue really looks great with anything.

ETA: I've decided to go through the prize offsprings. I've only gone through golds before I got bored, but it seems they've breed true just try times, and one of them is horribly messy, while the other two come from same parent.

Edited by PointOfOrigin