sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

@_@ I'm starting to see people asking for trades for the new Shimmers with no higher than 4th gen. I'm more than a little surprised. One, because I don't think there are any Shimmers who've bred enough offspring for a lineage to be that long. Two, because it seems like such a short time for people to start being picky. I'd expect people to want a Shimmer, *any* Shimmer for quite some time yet.

It will be interesting to see how the demands change over time and exactly how picky people are on them.

xd.png I mean, it's really weird for me because I just picked up a tinsel from each color this month. My goal for those was 'a tinsel, any gen, as long as it's pretty' and they've been out for two years now.

I have seen 5th gens around so they are slowly getting there.

At this point getting on any list for a 2nd/3rd gen is (I believe) absolutely impossible and not worth pursuing, especially given the length of most of the lists and the fact that most, if not all lists are full and closed. So I am putting out trades hoping that folks who have received or are about to get 3rd or 4th gens do not have any lists or have just short lists and are therefore open to trade for 4th or 5th gens or even 6th.

Hence my sig. smile.gif I would be quite content with 5th gens.

Edited by Dubious

@_@ I'm starting to see people asking for trades for the new Shimmers with no higher than 4th gen. I'm more than a little surprised. One, because I don't think there are any Shimmers who've bred enough offspring for a lineage to be that long. Two, because it seems like such a short time for people to start being picky. I'd expect people to want a Shimmer, *any* Shimmer for quite some time yet.

It will be interesting to see how the demands change over time and exactly how picky people are on them.

xd.png I mean, it's really weird for me because I just picked up a tinsel from each color this month. My goal for those was 'a tinsel, any gen, as long as it's pretty' and they've been out for two years now.

There are even some 5th gens out there. I think people are looking for nice and short lineages because they are aware that in month or two anything messy or overly long won't be worth very much and they won't be able to trade the offsprings.

I was doing some via pm for some folks and was requested this one, which people have been mentioning for a while...

user posted image

I told you this is best pairing bros.

user posted image

I showed you, dawgs. And I know for sure the Bronze and Silver ones will happen- dunno about Gold, and am fairly sure the spriter's alt won't which makes me sad.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Really?

o.o I'm 8th on a waitlist for a Shimmer that hasn't bred true yet. It seems like it must take insane luck to get that far in such a short time.

There are going to be, like, 20th gens before I actually lay hands on a Shimmer, I think. I'm kind of entertained by this.

Really?

o.o I'm 8th on a waitlist for a Shimmer that hasn't bred true yet. It seems like it must take insane luck to get that far in such a short time.

There are going to be, like, 20th gens before I actually lay hands on a Shimmer, I think. I'm kind of entertained by this.

I know someone who is 56th on a list. blink.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n99/She...zps4f3616d8.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n99/She...zps1fefe0e3.jpg

I know someone who is 56th on a list.  blink.gif

It's probably the same list, but there's one list that's over 60 long now. blink.gifblink.gif

I really like the pairings people are coming up with - they seem to go nicely with more breeds than I first thought they would. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of interesting pairings soon. ^^

Edited by TheGrox

There are even some 5th gens out there. I think people are looking for nice and short lineages because they are aware that in month or two anything messy or overly long won't be worth very much and they won't be able to trade the offsprings.

and I've seen a few that say they'd trade for any shimmer, no matter how long or messy. huh.gif

I think they don't realize that shimmers were only handed out fairly recently and haven't been breeding that long.

Dubious will you do a gold/brimstone pasteup just to satisfy my curiosity?

It's probably the same list, but there's one list that's over 60 long now. blink.gifblink.gif

I really like the pairings people are coming up with - they seem to go nicely with more breeds than I first thought they would. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of interesting pairings soon. ^^

Now I don't feel so bad.

Really?

lol girl im 44th on the list im on xd.png

what

I feel terrible enough for my now-11 people on my list, I can't imagine... like 60.

what

I'm also on that list, I think (#27, wooooo!), but thankfully I'm in a better position on the other lists I'm on. ^^

Thx dubious, I kinda like it. biggrin.gif

edited cuz I type slooooow...

Edited by Tawanda001

*Grabby hands for Silver Shimmer x Ridgewing*

Waaaaant!

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

what

I feel terrible enough for my now-11 people on my list, I can't imagine... like 60.

what

That list moves up and down depending on when you pay your part of the deal. So while some people started somewhere on 60th place, they could theoretically mow down to 20th place.

But yes. The biggest reason why it got so huge is that the keeper of the list doesn't ask for much, and people jump at smallest chance of owning a 2nd gen. Even if it might be years before they get one.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

It's probably the same list, but there's one list that's over 60 long now. blink.gif  blink.gif

Lolololol...

I am so glad I am #2 on that one.

So, so glad.

That has to be a gold. I can't imagine silver/bronzes needing that long a list.

I'm pretty sure it was. =3 I thought I was bad at about 17ish on that one...

I'm spoilt for choice now, I don't know which pairing I like best. I suppose I'll have something to think about when I pick the pairs for my 2nd gens now. o.o

Edited by TheGrox

yeah the 1 im on is gold though im still searching for silver/bronze lists =P however go figure everything is full xd.png -sigh- ah well at least seeing the pairings is giving me ideas for when i finally get one tongue.gif though ill probably just continue what ever breeding pattern the baby i get is

Edited by linda3.0

That least moves up and down depending on when you pay your part of the deal. So while some people started somewhere on 60th place, they could theoretically mow down to 20th place.

But yes. The biggest reason why it got so huge is that the keeper of the list doesn't ask for much, and people jump at smallest chance of owning a 2nd gen. Even if it might be years before they get one.

Huh. I didn't really ask for much either, but I went by the order of requests, and...

Well. Delivering to all 60 people with a rare classified dragon... I guess I just don't like the feeling of owing people, myself. That's why I kept my first shimmer offspring, so I can pretty much do whatever I want with her eggs.

Years indeed. I was on one list at number 3 for a year. 2nd gens are nice and all, but I'd rather have a nice established even-gen. Something Blue + Silver + Purple = <3

Huh. I didn't really ask for much either, but I went by the order of requests, and...

Well. Delivering to all 60 people with a rare classified dragon... I guess I just don't like the feeling of owing people, myself. That's why I kept my first shimmer offspring, so I can pretty much do whatever I want with her eggs.

But your list closed at eleven people. I can guarantee you that if you haven't closed it, you would have gotten enough requests to make a list as long as that one. Even winners who asked for CB metals and similar could have gotten to that point if they haven't closed their lists.

I'm the same as you (I hate owning to people - hence why unmentionables get fulfilled at top speed). Most of those people will never get their 2nd gen, simply because the chances are that they'll already leave the site by the time their order comes up. But, it seems that most of them are IOU trades, so if they don't fulfill them, they won't loose on something, really. I think that's also the reason why the list moves up and down. People who completed their part of the deal first are the ones who get the eggs first.