arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I bred several metallics and tinsels to AP - why? So people would enjoy about them! I have huge amount of metalics on my scroll and they usually do give me metallics when I breed them... of course yesterday was like WOW but I don't mind at all.

You'd still never know that rarer dragons were breeding well, from my scroll. ^^; I can't even coax commons from my metallics lately.

Crossing my fingers for next week!

I bred my metals today (excluding tinsels) and they gave me eggs. /: though they werent metallic eggs, they went straight to the AP.

Also bred a gold tinsel a few days back, gifted it to someone.

hoping i can breed some golds/silvers and maybe a baby from my best lineaged tinsel next week, haha.

Bred 20 metals, 1 gold.

You lucky people.

Bred two silvers. The percentage must be higher.

I really hope this lasts at least until mine come off cooldown this weekend... I've still yet to get a single gold egg bred as I only have one female CB gold that I got lucky and grabbed, and neither of my two silvers have ever produced a metal... In fact, I've only ever gotten two eggs from ANY of my metals, one GW egg from my gold and her mate, and one pink egg from my CB silver and her mate. :/

I just want a silver to pay an IOU that I've yet to be able to fill due to the breeding issues. I can live with not getting a gold or another silver.

Well this thread caused me to experimental breed my gold tinsel to a harvest. One tinsel, woo!

However I derped and did that before my eggs hatched *glares at her low time eggs* so it hit the AP with a thump. Hope whoever catches it enjoys and doesn't mind the line being broken.

Wish I'd waited a few days to breed my silver and bronze tinsels.

I just locked myself with eggs yesterday. >< I hope that once I'll get out of egg-lock, I'll still be able to breed me some shinies.

Total results from todays breedings:

5 silvers

5 tinsels (tinsel eggs seem to be produced more often from metalxtimsel pairs. That's why I am preferring holidayxmetal)

I bred approximately the no. of metals as are in the messy lineaged silver section on my scroll.

Conclusion: they don't breed like rabbits but if you have a decent adult metal stash like mine you should be able to scroll lock with metal breedings. This better last.

Edited by DarkEternity

Sure enough, after seeing this (and the metallic AP last night) I decided to try my stubborn Silver x Vine pair...

Squee!

If there's a feast/famine thing, It's all the fault of the players. The moment people see that they're breedable again, everyone rushes to breed every single metallic they've got. If people'd just slow down and only breed the ones they need, we wouldn't seesaw back and forth so much.

This, but it's impossible to convince people to stop. There's a few lineages I've been trying to get to make eggs, and some finally did it.

I was able to give a second gen silver to a friend who needed it for a lineage; someone finally got an egg from the bronze Wafflewing (my first), and I was able to breed a "fail" magi for someone else, and continue my silver x shadowalker line. I don't bother breeding half my silvers because they're from lines I don't need. I'm trying for more golds, though they hate me. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some CB ones though.

I think I did mention that the ratios seem to do their "check" every 6 months. I though the next metal splurge would be in February or March, and here we are.

If there's a ratio check in place, would love to see it used way more often than every 6 months. By the time 6 months is up, we players will have bred wayyyy too many shinies by that point that it pretty much shuts down breeding by the next check.

:/ Was wondering what was going on... just bred my 19 metals and got 1 gold and 4 silvers, then out of my tinsels I was able to get 3? I only kept one cuz the lineages suck. I had to abandon a thunder from a lineage that I'd been trying at for forever cuz they were stacking up so much....

The game commonly has special days or brief time periods where rarer harder to breed pairs finally produce. In nature, animals don't have their babies carefully spread out over the year. Its called a breeding season for a reason. And they never last very long. So you all need to chill out. You would also know there is often a boost to rares and alting on holidays, but we are too busy breeding holidays to notice ...

I feel bad cause i bred way more tins than i wanted/needed. I got a tin every time but 4 (roughly 20 pairings) 2 fails, 1 no egg, and one no interest (from the tin I most need a /balloon/ from. I dont even want a tin there, lol)

I did ignore the lines nobody would want at all though. Also refrained from breeding my leftover "retired" metals, since their eggs are worthless, not even brand new players want those babies tongue.gif

Trios and every other "rare" joined in on the fun. Maybe "break the cave" project is working? lol

I bred three silvers and a gold tinsel... I think I'm going to stop now, it's scary.

Hopefully even if my metals don't cooperate I can snag a CB silver. *crosses fingers*

My Golds and Silvers didn't breed anything today, I regret not catching some when they were 'common' in the past, I'd have more chances. ;A;

I'm just sad because all of my metals are still on cooldown for the next two days. And by that time this stroke of luck will be over. I've been breeding my CB silvers for an IOU for over a year. I just want to get that over with - I'm feeling sorry for the person who I owe a dragon to.

The feast famine theme isn't too much the fault of the players, really. I mean, a lot of people breed all their metals every week anyway. I know I do. So breeding them all this week was pretty normal for me, though I got more eggs than usual.

I'm sure I heard something once about the ratios resetting after a certain period of time, maybe this is at work here? Whatever's going on, I doubt it will last. And I don't blame people for rushing to breed all their metallics, it's only natural that they would want to.

I hate to say this...but I dislike how people keep breeding golds right now...more bred ones created means less CB ones in the Cave....