arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I don't have any Silvers or Golds available for breeding, but I did breed a Gold Tinsel egg!

lol apparently tinsels r breeding really well i keep seein them in the AP and actually did get one =P

I dont believe its a glitch. Im goin with the ratio thing. just think...if theres no check for a long time, there ends up being a "backup" so when the check finally comes...theres an explosion. Same thing for when something cuts off all the sudden. Its like a wall that was built too late after a flood, and ends up taking awhile to fix. Its hard for me to explain. Hopwfully someone can do it much better than me. Also the last alt flood lasted approx 100 days.

Hmmm, last week when I tried breeding them, my few metallics were all still as stubborn as can be. But maybe when I try breeding them this weekend I'll get lucky, since everyone else seems to be. tongue.gif

Just bred a silver (not one of my pretties but still not too ugly).

I don't really want to point fingers at the breeders here (because I *am* one!), but I *do* think that this all/nothing thing is rather trying. I also breed my metallics pretty much every week (well, the nicer ones and those I'm trying to breed for lineages) and often I get zip. Nada. Absolutely sweet Fanny Adams. Not even a common egg. :| Then all of a sudden something in the Cave flips and the lil sods pump out shinies like they're Mints? Lolwut? Dunno about anyone else, but I'd rather have a consistent chance of getting an egg (even a common egg) from a metallic breeding throughout the year. I'm willing to bet that others would too, and that more people would play regularly and stick with the game if breeding (of ALL breeds) were more evenly spread out across the year. People probably wouldn't feel the need to panic-breed all their shinies as much either. Right now I really can't blame them for doing so - I'm pretty excited to try more of mine once they're off CD.

I dunno if it's to do with how the ratios work/are calculated, but if so it could do with some tweaking imo.

I've caught a CB Gold and a CB Silver recently and yesterday someone traded me another CB Silver.

I don't think that a sudden increase in egg production will result in direct decrease in CB metal production.

Or maybe that's just my ultra bad luck breaking.

Edited by DarkEternity

After months of not producing anything, three of my silvers were cooperative. My golds gave me nothing though.

I click on every tinsels/gold i seen all day, caught nothing, someone was kind enough to gift me a lovely silver and another a bronze tinsle through,so it wasn't to bad. Gotten a few CB of other rare i wouldn't have the chance at otherwise.

So hopefully we'll have a gold bloom later? seeing all these metals all of a sudden is still wonderful.

Edited by Lysian

Metallics breeding well?!

sigh... I'm sure it will come to a screeching halt when mine are off cool-down! They are totally opposed to the idea of eggs.

o.o must try and get my collection of pretty lineaged metallics while I can...

I am sure this has to do with the new prize dragon, as it would now be the rarest thing and effect the ratios. Also, the prevalence of NDs being made would impact it.

Not that I am complaining, I have not gotten an egg from my metals in forever!

Edited by Karobb

I got a tinsel to breed for me (gave egg to a friend) and a golden-wyvern bred for me for the first time (for an IOU), though none of my golds or silvers were up for giving me any eggs. Oh well, I'm egg-locked now anyway. xd.png

I checked and the last metal bonanza was around March of last year. This was how my scroll looked like back then:-

Shiny Scroll

Let's see if this will happen again this time around. xd.png

Just bred my second silver of the day. This one is much nicer than the other one.

My Gold refused to breed. V___V

Ah well. I've been looking for metal eggs forever now - especially low gen ones. Maybe I'll catch some in the cave/AP or get a nice player to trade on for me if I get lucky while the flood lasts. xd.png

I've had more luck recently with metals producing as well. smile.gif I guess I'm of two minds about it though. On the one hand, YAY METALS. tongue.gif But on the other, it means it'll be even harder to find CBs. xd.png

I don't care what made it happen, but this just makes me soooo happy!! It'll need a stand in mate until next Halloween... but whatever! *prances*

I bred a second gen gold from a rosebud mom yesterday and autoed a silver, a sliver tinsel, and magma today while I was mass-breeding reds.