arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

sad.gif

I'm glad it's good for some people, out of seven metals I got one moonstone egg, sigh.

I haven't try my golds or silvers,but my tinsels still breed badly. sad.gif

Edited by Mercury

I think the ratio in the cave is the same for CB metals, it is just more people willing to trade for them for the new release. Therefore more people are hunting them down too :/

Ugh...here's to hoping I can actually catch a second CB Gold from the Cave...(or a very nice person gift me one). Yeah, I have five, but four are decsended from the CB Male I have....

Remember how suddenly the Seasonal and Tinsel shortages came on? People were questioning if it has to do with the ratios only 'updating' once every few months or so--if they find a backlog (or a scarcity), they pump everything up until the next 'check.'

If that's true, hopefully this will last for a bit. From what I've seen with the Alt flood a while back, they're usually quite valuable until a couple weeks after the flooding starts--and even if it eventually drops back to being scarce, hey, we'll have some nice new breeding stock to up our chances even then. smile.gif

Personally, I'm just enjoying the shiny 2nd gen Gold I bred last week. biggrin.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

*sighs* my metals don't like me, but if everyone else is getting flooded perhaps I can get the 2nd gen gold I need without trading an ND laugh.gif

I have gotten a few blacks - but again not from the pair I really want one from and I never breed alts

However I would prefer a more even up system. The ratios get reset at the beginning of the year .... perhaps we need a quarterly tweek instead of yearly

If there's a feast/famine thing, It's all the fault of the players. The moment people see that they're breedable again, everyone rushes to breed every single metallic they've got. If people'd just slow down and only breed the ones they need, we wouldn't seesaw back and forth so much.

judging by the huge amount of tinselkins appearing in the AP i would agree there is increased metal egg "co-operation" but alot.png are still not breeding how we want .Also have to say my metals and tinsels still being extremly uncoperative with any breeding.Good luck to those whose metals are being nice biggrin.gif

what on earth is that thing blocking out the words metal and tinsel ?

Edited by assassinuk

None of my metals, either pure or tinsel, are breeding metals still. Just fails or no egg. Sigh. Been so long.

As far as tinsels, I bred 3 today and two gave tinsels - one gold and one silver. The 3rd gave a terrae tinsel fail.

My own metallics are breeding as ever, that is they are NOT breeding metals rolleyes.gif

But I had an incredible increase on my gold wyverns: bred about half of them yesterday and got a GW from about 1/3 of them, when in the past weeks it was a little miracle to have just one wyvern out of the whole of them

I just noticed it too.

Bred one Silver, and two Tinsels, the first since July last year.

I think that's the way it is: after the flood comes the drought, and someday it will rain again biggrin.gif

Wow! I have been trying to get a gold egg in over a year and nothing! Now suddenly....THIS! and now THIS!

I have a CB silver that has given me ONE silver egg it grew up in May 2009, I really hope this good breeding continues because while I know that metals should be rare, waiting literally YEARS to breed a metal is ludicrous.

Edited by Dubious

gotta be the first time in a looooong time that i got 6 bred shinies on my scroll wub.gif usually i only breed them for a trade fodder, but it looks so pretty right now so i'm gonna keep them i think x

After reading this thread I decided to check it out. 2 out of 3 pairs produced metals!

Woot, woot! *runs to trading topic* c:

Bred several Tinsels and Tinselkins for AP, but the normal Metals so far gave no egg. Can't continue trying, don't want to lose any of them because of too many eggs...

I like how they come back with a vengeance after I a bred my good lineages, thankfully I have a few more hopefully this lasts till the end of the week.

Exactly the same for me >_> Of course all of this happens AFTER I've bred my two CB golds (which, in over a year, have NEVER bred a metal). Four days to go now. I hope I'll still be able to get something shiny out of them... Eventually sad.gif Because my other metallics (about 70% of the total was available for breeding) have been scaringly cooperative: yesterday I bred eight silvers and two golds... CB golds, I want you off cooldown NAO

Edited by Kirjava-Kitsune

To me, if they aren't breeding metals, they aren't really breeding. I have bred maybe 1 metal in the last 2 years...maybe 2. That's it.

I had one success in the past week, but I have nine silvers and golds and I tried to breed all of them. I bred the golds a bit earlier in the week, it'll be very interesting to see if results are any different the next time they're up for breeding.

Of course it's our own fault that causes famine with breeding, but many of us try breeding metallics every week anyways...we just have nothing to show for it usually xd.png

My metallics still pretty much hate me but I'm used to it by now. They know all I would do is trade off their babies for reds anyways tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure we'll get cut off again in a few months..then nothing for the rest of the year lol....yes just like the last alt flood.

To be honest.. I am not worried at all. ^^" On the contrary - I'd love to see this breeding success last a little longer. At least long enough to get some Shinies from my PRETTY lineages and not just the messy ones that I tend to spambreed from time to time... v.v

Same with the Tins, I have some IOUs to pay off so please my dear stubborn Metallics... do give me you shiniest! laugh.gif