arlymaye

Metals are back with a vengeance!

I hope this lasts another few days at least...I only want a gold out of Aperture's Combustible Lemons so I can start a lineage. That's all, I swear. I only ask for that, DC Powers-That-Be.

What's the use of having CB Golds if you should not breed lineages with them? I don't care about scroll goals of "having xx number of CBs of this or that breed", I care about breeding nice, mostly even lineages. So I breed them. And doesn't my 3rd even Gen Gold above look wonderful?

I hate to say this...but I dislike how people keep breeding golds right now...more bred ones created means less CB ones in the Cave....

But it can't be helped. Users have been starved of metals for so long that when it's breeding again, almost everyone rushes in. And as TheGrox mentioned above, a lot of us breed our metals normally week in week out with nothing to show off for. So when we get a whole lotta metals out of our *regular* weekly breeding, we are then accused of trying to screw the rations. That is why I think this feast or famine ratio thing should really be checked into.

Argh why did this have to happen once I'm scroll-locked?! Hopefully this will last long enough for me to pay back the Metalweavers thread and to surprise my wife!

:/.....Mine haven't produced a darn thing. Maybe only some of the scrolls are getting doused in luck. Mine are just as fail as they always have been. rolleyes.gif

Edit:You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced. On all my gold, silver, tinsel, and golden wyvern pairs. Just tried them all. Apparently mine still are like LOL headaches sorry!

Oh wait! Missed a Wyvern pair and I got one egg! Yay xd.png Golds, silvers, and tinsels were a bust though xP

Edited by Reidragon

Had nothing from my pair of golds, tinsel golds or tinsel silvers for... can't even remember the last time it was successful. Months probably.

The golds were still stubborn, but got an egg from both the tinsel gold and tinsel silver smile.gif Happy with that.

Well...all my bronze tinsel pairs gave me tinsels. My gold and silver tinsels, though, just gave me fails. Still, it's a step in the right direction.

Almost every tinsel I bred the other day gave me an egg and today I saw a normal silver and a gold tinsel in the AP. I worry a little that after this we might be scarce on metals again but it's nice while it lasts.

What's the use of having CB Golds if you should not breed lineages with them? I don't care about scroll goals of "having xx number of CBs of this or that breed", I care about breeding nice, mostly even lineages. So I breed them. And doesn't my 3rd even Gen Gold above look wonderful?

So screw those that actually may actually want to start a lineage with those CBs? Thanks....

(Note: I don't: I just want one male and female CB of 'catchable' species. However I know there are plenty of plenty of people that would)

OMG, I hope this will last until all of tomorrow at least, because that's when my Metallics come off cooldown. I really need to get one PB out of them! *sigh*

...Aaand of course none of my 6 CB Metallics produced a 2nd gen PB egg, despite the use of Fertility on them. dry.gif That's just my luck, they never cooperate, even when the ratios finally *are* in favour of producing Metallics. Now my chance is gone, because I'm sure by the time they come off cooldown again next week, this Metallic breeding spree will have worn off by then. *sigh* Oh well, at least I managed to produce a 3rd gen stairstep Gold, so I guess it's better than nothing at all. :/

And why is it that always when I need to breed my Metallics, the cave is blocked for hours on end (as I try to breed them when the cave is open, because supposedly dragons have a better chance of producing then)? Yesterday it was open for most of the day, but today (when my Metallics finally came off cooldown) it had to be blocked again (and I did wait several hours before I ultimately got to breeding). dry.gif

I bred some Tinsels yesterday and dumped them to the AP. Saw a TON of Gold eggs sail through the AP as well (didn't catch any). I think I saw about 8 Gold eggs and one gold hatchling in the span of 15 minutes. Crazy.

I tried my 2nd gen Thuwed Nebula just now and finally got an egg! The pair has been stubborn lately....and finally success! I guess it isn't just metals, other rare breeds are being productive. Even bred and gifted a PB 2nd gen Thunder the other day. biggrin.gif

Ive kinda noticed all these metals showing up recently, so far ive seen 2 Silvers in the cave drop, and 3 Golds lol, was always either egglocked or not fast enough to catch =/ but ive never seen so many in less than a week xd.png

I bred some Tinsels yesterday and dumped them to the AP. Saw a TON of Gold eggs sail through the AP as well (didn't catch any). I think I saw about 8 Gold eggs and one gold hatchling in the span of 15 minutes. Crazy.

I tried my 2nd gen Thuwed Nebula just now and finally got an egg! The pair has been stubborn lately....and finally success! I guess it isn't just metals, other rare breeds are being productive. Even bred and gifted a PB 2nd gen Thunder the other day. biggrin.gif

Yes, you're right. My Gold/Ice pair gave me at least another Ice today, and I got a beautiful trade for it. biggrin.gif

Just caught this lovely in the AP.

Ooooh, I'm so excited for a few days from now when my babies get off cooldown.

Though, knowing Lemons, he'll be a butt as usual.

Maybe in the meantime I'll get lucky enough to find a CB silver to go with my unpaired CB gold...

Just caught this lovely in the AP.

Ooooh, I'm so excited for a few days from now when my babies get off cooldown.

Though, knowing Lemons, he'll be a butt as usual.

Maybe in the meantime I'll get lucky enough to find a CB silver to go with my unpaired CB gold...

Oh thats a beautiful catch, congrats smile.gif

I remember when i caught my CB silver, i had just started dragon cave and didnt recognize the egg description, it was late in the night and i probably sat there for a few seconds wondering if i should grab the egg or not...well i did and I guess that i could call myself pretty darn lucky xd.png

though i havent had luck breeding my shinys, ive only seen a bunch of metals drop in the cave D:

edit: just been watching the AP...wow ive already seen a few tinsels and GWs in there!

Edited by Xeriina

o.o wow the metalics r breeding well (except silvers for me xd.png they still mock me) i got a gold egg, gold tinsel, silver tinsel and bronze tinsel

After seeing this thread, I bred my 2 silvers and gold... And my jaw dropped to see a gold egg! My first ever metallic bred!! Too bad I bred my tinsels a couple days ago. Hmm...

Please please please last for another week or two, I've got a tinsel project to finish.

If this is a true ratio reversal and not a *glitch*, we can expect the metals to stay for much longer than just a week or two. tongue.gif

I've been trying to get some for a long time. I got two silver's and my sister just gave me my first tinsel, so I'd be happy if there were more to go around.

If this is a true ratio reversal and not a *glitch*, we can expect the metals to stay for much longer than just a week or two. tongue.gif

Eh, I wouldn't call a sudden increase in eggs being bred a ratio reversal.

I remember the flood of black alts last year was just as sudden, but they went back to being rare after a little bit and now they're a pain to get again.