lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

Go to the Wiki. Check the code names of the shimmers. Go to the cave and search them, see if their owners have their names listed, and if they are the same on the forum. Then check those owners wishlists/siggies. I bet you will be surprised that there are quite a few that are open to negotiations. And bear in mind, when they say "list closed", most of them are talking about the second gen.

Check the wishlist, see if what they want is within your means to provide. Then pm them, and ask about a third gen option. All they can do is say no As long as you don't keep pm'ing them, its not harassment.

No, what people might not realize, is that Blusangs aren't really any more rare than other uncommons.

I won't disagree there. But the very fact that they are VERY limited in how many can actually be accessed makes them more valuable....that fact makes them rare. Supply and demand is what worth is generally defined by and is the only reason why CB Metals are worth so much, why tinsels have dropped in value and why shimmers are commanding exhorbitant prices, if owners choose to ask.

Would I trade a CB Blusangs for a CB Black...no...why?...because I could have picked up any of the six CB Blacks I just saw at the last drop alone. It doesn't make sense to trade for that. Naturally every one is perfectly entitled to ask for whatever they want in trades and I hope they get it, but for me that is not a possible trade.

What I did manage to trade for was: 2 CB Blusangs for a third gen PB Gold. Another 1 (along with a CB Ice hatchy) for a 2nd gen gold and another 2 for a third gen silver, because I fell in love with the lineages and those trades were the few low gen metals where people were actually asking for CB Blusangs, not just bloodswaps/CB Metals and shimmerscales. The rest I have been lottoing away as I catch them or gifting. (btw..I already have a list of people to gift as I catch so can't take anymore)

For the shimmers...even though I am now sporting a CB Gold, a CB Silver and a host of other rare CB Hatchies and eggs, I wouldn't put up a trade for a shimmer. At this point the offers are so sky high (5 CB silvers and a CB Gold in one trade) that the shimmer owners have their pick and most have lists that are very long. Better to go for trades from 3rd or 4th gen shimmer owners or so I would have thought.

I have to wonder about CB Gold in comparison to CB Silver though. I see people wanting two CB Silvers for 1 CB Gold, yet I have seen twice as many CB Golds then silvers...so not sure about that one.

Edited by Dubious

Trades frustrate me anymore. I have a wishlist with pretty pictures, and I'll leave messages like "or a CB hatchling or two, and I like pretty-lineages, especially even-gens".

And nobody offers on anything except 2nd gen purebred metals unless I want to keep the trade up for three days. I was asking for an egg in exchange for a rather nice-lineaged checkerboard red hatchling, and no bites.

So from now on I think I'm going to leave the trading section alone, with the possible exception of the even-gen thread - at least until this Shimmer crazy dies down.

And just to highlight this frustration even more, I came online today to a PM about how I shouldn't give up trading because the person would make sure I got offers on those 2nd gen metallics that nobody wanted.

Um... It's not the 2nd gens that are the problem.

It's that NOBODY wants anything OTHER than 2nd gens, and so I'll have a 3rd gen gold hatchling, nicely lineaged and influenced, up for days with ZERO offers when all I want are a couple hatchlings or pair of pretty-lineaged eggs.

I don't think the issue is so much that the BREEDS are mis-valued, it's that if it's not 2nd gen or less then nobody wants them.

I'd jump at your 3gen metals EXCEPT every time I start slobbering over pretty shiny little 3gens, they're always mated with Holidays - SW's, Valentines, Marrows, any Xmas - I'd love to see a little 3gen Gold (say) with WHITES, or Nebulas, or Sunsongs, or Sunsets & Sunrises, nothing discontinued so I can't continue the line. Even the Trio is better - I have more of them (jkjk).

ETA: Just went through the Metallic, Rare and CB trading threads - the people who have caught CB metals are only looking for Shimmers or 2gen Tinsels and not even looking at other offers. Kinda depressing.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I have Alt Sweetlings and CB Frills. I am able to catch most things with the exception of CB Golds and CB Silvers. I would be willing to trade a dozen of any combination of things I can catch or breed for the CB Golds and Silvers I need, but no one wants anything I have been able to offer in trades. Recently I was offering 4 CB Nebulas (then hatchlings), a CB Tan Ridgewing, and a Red Dorsal egg and didn't even get any offers of anything. I came across someone else offering nice Tinsels, and was able to offer for and get 2 4 gen Tinsels for what I had. I have made many trade offers that I was pmed offers for that I didn't want to accept, but because I got the pms, I knew someone who wanted what I had to offer, so I gifted them the egg rather than AP it when it came close to hatching.

Right now, I am trying to get some NDs that I hope to get offers for, but knowing that it took about a dozen tries to get my first ND, and remembering all my attempts at trading, I'm really not as hopeful as I might be.

I'm really close to deciding I don't need the CB Golds and Silvers I want after all and just chuck the whole trading thing altogether.

That is very true. <.<; Though to be fair, I don't know how exactly many people have tried. And multiple CB metallic offers in the trade do look intimidating.

Is there a list of winners somewhere? I only know of two (Hi Nox. I check your profile religiously) and the breeding lists for those have been closed for weeks. So if I knew who to contact and that they were taking trades, I would be very willing to PM them and see if I had something to offer. The only other option besides contacting breeders seems to be blanket trades of CB metals

Trading system is quite disappointing in this period... everyone wants to get the new shimmerscales and are offering hordes of cb metals and such for one of them.

With the result that they will most likely have no answers (prize winners willing to trade their 2nd gen babies probably have their lists full till next December) and get disappointed because they can't trade.

While other people who would sell their soul for a single one of those cb metals are disappointed because they can't even try to trade for one because who have them wants to trade all together for a shimmerscale or nothing.

And if you have something else very nice, such as 3rd gen metals, you almost have no offers on them.

Well, let's hope this shimmerscale madness will end soon rolleyes.gif

While other people who would sell their soul for a single one of those cb metals are disappointed because they can't even try to trade for one because who have them wants to trade all together for a shimmerscale or nothing.

And so the CB metals stay with the people who did not really want them much in the first place but have crazy clicking skills. I might ask for lessons!

Yeh, me too! Thought I had that CB Silver this last time. Hah! NOT!

Is there a list of winners somewhere? I only know of two (Hi Nox. I check your profile religiously) and the breeding lists for those have been closed for weeks. So if I knew who to contact and that they were taking trades, I would be very willing to PM them and see if I had something to offer. The only other option besides contacting breeders seems to be blanket trades of CB metals

The prize discussion thread is a really good place to check, actually, probably much better than the wiki page. I can name off the top of my head Amazon_warrior, Wolfsong, Qualeo, (to name some of the winners) and a number of others with 2nd gens+ Shimmers who post there. And they often keep the Shimmer trade details in their profile.

I also hesitantly recommend checking the breeding list of winners then seeing who's received 2nd gens, 3rd gens, and so on and contact them for trades. 2nd gen lists are regrettably filled to the brim, but I doubt that non-CB owners are as well known.

And my apologies about my profile, Katykins! If I'd known that people are actually gonna read it, I might have made it interesting to begin with. >_>;

Edit because I accidentally a word.

Edited by Noxion

And if you have something else very nice, such as 3rd gen metals, you almost have no offers on them.

SO this. All those CB Metals that are dropping now just drive me crazy because I can't catch them... and it would be really nice they could at least be traded for^^ But no, either Shimmerscales or Tinsels or other CB Metals are asked *sigh*

And my apologies about my profile, Katykins! If I'd known that people are actually gonna read it, I might have made it interesting to begin with. >_>;

You would be surprised by how many people check out your profiles. And it's not just for seeing if the list is closed - it's also to see what you are searching for. I always get a bit disappointed when I see that there are no general guidelines on the stuff that you would like.

All those people snatching up CB metals for trade fodder and only asking for Shimmers...they'd make a LOT more people happy if they started gifting those Metals to those that don't have any....

All those people snatching up CB metals for trade fodder and only asking for Shimmers...they'd make a LOT more people happy if they started gifting those Metals to those that don't have any....

gifting Cb metals.. dreaming is free lol tongue.gif

Or, you know, some of us catchers try for a while to get what we want out of what we caught, and then gift them or undertrade them if we can't get the trade we're looking for.

It's not like catching metals is free -- it takes time and patience.

^ Nobody should be told to do anything, in my opinion. If people want to trade their multiple CB Metals for Shimmers, then let them. They shouldn't feel obliged to gift, just because they are good at catching metals. Obviously, it's nice if they do, but...

Or, you know, some of us catchers try for a while to get what we want out of what we caught, and then gift them or undertrade them if we can't get the trade we're looking for.

That's good as well. Hell, that's what I plan to do if I manage to catch any more CB metals.

Sure it does, I just don't put a price tag on 'time' and 'patience' however, since I have trouble seeing the 'worth' of a bunch of pixels.

Yes it does take time and patience but you have the flip side too, of people like me hunting every single drop today since 7 am and getting the 'you weren't fast enough' "This egg was already taken message" every single time ><

I've put in A LOT of time and patience. It has yet to be rewarded at all sad.gif Guess thems the breaks of having a super slow connection though. Poor in RL poor in DC!

Edited by Reidragon

I'm curious -- what do you guys want CB metals for? Pretty much everyone complaining about their inability to catch CB metals in this thread already has several of them. Is it just for trading? Do you need them for lineages?

I will forever hold the opinion that trading using the abandonment method was way more fun than actual, in-game trading. It added a lot of risk and general excitement, at least for me. Of course, losing a trade wasn't that fun...

I laugh at people who want specific NDs for nice lineages. Thank you, I made this dragon, but I'm offering it to someone who doesn't want to go through an annoying painstaking process. I'll gladly display it on my scroll if no one wants it. My dream is to breed perfect checker 3rd gen silver/gold eggs and gift them out to people who have no silvers or golds. I also want an army of NDs. Therefore, unless I'm getting a CB silver or CB gold for the ND I am generously offering to trade, then it's your loss. Not that I'm complaining on why someone would keep a CB gold or silver - I wouldn't trade something like that for the world.

LONG STORY SHORT, trading can be annoying if you get sucked in on picky people and dreamers. Just focus on catching cool dragons and you're... well... gold!

I'm curious -- what do you guys want CB metals for? Pretty much everyone complaining about their inability to catch CB metals in this thread already has several of them. Is it just for trading? Do you need them for lineages?

I wouldn't bundle myself as one of the ones who's complaining here, but for me I want a couple more CB Metals to even out my gender imbalance, and, well, they'd be useful in trading too... But above all that I'd just like to catch one myself, so that I could say that I actually caught one once xd.png.

Honestly I don't mind not being able to catch them. I can trade for them if I try hard enough, and that's good enough for me. ^^

The ONE CB Gold on my Scroll was gifted me by the lovely skauble. The others are AP catches and trades. My Silvers are all non-CB. So yeh, it'd be REAL kewl if I were able to nab some CB's.

I want to start some Gold/Red lineages and Silver/Black if I ever get any. It will also make trading easier when the drought starts again.

I'm curious -- what do you guys want CB metals for?  Pretty much everyone complaining about their inability to catch CB metals in this thread already has several of them.  Is it just for trading?  Do you need them for lineages?

Well, I'd like to have (at least - with commons I usually have more, but with Metals I'll be glad to have that one pair^^) a CB pair of every dragon where this is possible. I managed to get a pair of CB silvers and a CB mal Gold over the years (by trading, yay), but I'm still missing a CB female Gold. So it's a question of reaching a scroll goal.

Also I have indeed a lineage that has Golds in it. And Of course I'd like a female CB Gold to breed nice 2. gens to trade when I bred the eggs I need for said lineage. So it's a bit of everything^^ What I would certainly not do right now is to try to trade a CB Gold - should I catch one - for a Shimmerscale or whatever. I'd certainly keep it. It's more important for me than a Shimmerscale, because I could use it for my lineage as well as to complete my scroll whereas the shimmerscale would only be collected for sprite collecting.

If I caught a CB Silver I'd indeed try to trade it for a CB Gold or, if I got no offers, keep it happily^^

Oh, yes, and I agree with grox - it would be coul to be able to say "I caught one" biggrin.gif

Bit that's really not giving me nightmares at all. Sooner or later I think I'll get that female Gold by trading or otherwise.

Edited by Varnayrah