lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

Trade inflation? hehe wait until the first offsprings of the new prize dragons will be out. laugh.gif

Then the trades will be REAL fun again. ^^"

What you experience on EatW is just people trying - out of ignorance or desperation - to get the impossible. ^.~ But on the other hand, there are several sweet people around who sometimes go for those trades, just to make the other happy. That's why those kind of 'wants' will never die out.

Also the personal value is important. For myself.. with the right amount of CB Loons you can bribe pretty much anything out of my hands. ^.~ And others wouldn't even take one gifted. ^^"

Oh FIRETRUCK! We are doomed. Everyone will want one... xd.png I already want one.

@SolarCat: sorry to hear u've been having a hard time with trade.

i'm fairly new and thus don't 've good items to trade but once in awhile, i can catch dino and paper which i usually get decent hatchling trade offers.

however, i'm not getting any offer for the paper egg trade i just re-posted. i'm just asking for 1 cb vine egg, i thought that's not too much to ask but still no offer. and i stated that it is to help members on a collecting thread. i've offered cb vine before and happily accepted 3-4 messy hatchlings so i thought my request is reasonable ... guess i'm wrong

i've a discussion with a couple dc players and it seems that they all feel the trading evironment is not very 'friendly'. it is due to some bad experience from previous trades. either rude pm or unfair offer or offer rejected even the 'deal' was established via pm in advance.

most ppl here r friendly and helpful. most ppl would ask for equal value trade, then 'good offer' which is understandable but when u pm them and ask if they would accept multiple of uncommon/common hatchies for a 2g metal, they don't even pm back with a simple 'no thx'. after a couple times, you get discouraged to offer when another perosn has a 2g meta to tradel. cuz u don't want the same 'humiliation' again as u feel ur offer is unworthly and not welcomed.

i think stating 'pm to discuss' and 'will respond to all pm' etc helps to indicate you're more friendly and open to trade discussion.

trade value of anything fluctuates based on what's hit (new release), what's rare (these don't change at the high end like cb metals, ng), what's hard to get (ice & magma r harder to find than thunder recently, even reds & pinks seems to drop less frequently as before; but these can shift when cave ratio change/adjust which is one unknow we'll never figured out and therefore will always contribute to the fluctuation), what's a lot of ppl r looking for (some time a group decide to work on a new project and needs lots of certain cb in a short perid of time and they r willing to trade down for those commons but once their need is satisfied, the 'market' is gone)

one can ask forever he/she want for a trade but the chance of he /she actually gets that trade decresses as the asking price is further off from 'market value' which is not determined by any one person here but by the 'market'.

@SolarCat: sorry to hear u've been having a hard time with trade.

i'm fairly new and thus don't 've good items to trade but once in awhile, i can catch dino and paper which i usually get decent hatchling trade offers.

however, i'm not getting any offer for the paper egg trade i just re-posted. i'm just asking for 1 cb vine egg, i thought that's not too much to ask but still no offer. and i stated that it is to help members on a collecting thread. i've offered cb vine before and happily accepted 3-4 messy hatchlings so i thought my request is reasonable ... guess i'm wrong

i've a discussion with a couple dc players and it seems that they all feel the trading evironment is not very 'friendly'. it is due to some bad experience from previous trades. either rude pm or unfair offer or offer rejected even the 'deal' was established via pm in advance.

most ppl here r friendly and helpful. most ppl would ask for equal value trade, then 'good offer' which is understandable but when u pm them and ask if they would accept multiple of uncommon/common hatchies for a 2g metal, they don't even pm back with a simple 'no thx'. after a couple times, you get discouraged to offer when another perosn has a 2g meta to tradel. cuz u don't want the same 'humiliation' again as u feel ur offer is unworthly and not welcomed.

i think stating 'pm to discuss' and 'will respond to all pm' etc helps to indicate you're more friendly and open to trade discussion.

trade value of anything fluctuates based on what's hit (new release), what's rare (these don't change at the high end like cb metals, ng), what's hard to get (ice & magma r harder to find than thunder recently, even reds & pinks seems to drop less frequently as before; but these can shift when cave ratio change/adjust which is one unknow we'll never figured out and therefore will always contribute to the fluctuation), what's a lot of ppl r looking for (some time a group decide to work on a new project and needs lots of certain cb in a short perid of time and they r willing to trade down for those commons but once their need is satisfied, the 'market' is gone)

one can ask forever he/she want for a trade but the chance of he /she actually gets that trade decresses as the asking price is further off from 'market value' which is not determined by any one person here but by the 'market'.

I am confused as to what you are saying. D: Can you use proper grammar and spelling, please? I am so confused!

Also, your secretly advertising in your post.... Just so you know. 0.o

however, i'm not getting any offer for the paper egg trade i just re-posted. i'm just asking for 1 cb vine egg, i thought that's not too much to ask but still no offer.

Wow, it really does depend a lot on the timing doesn't it?

Last week I looked all over for a paper, and the ones I saw offered were either already traded away or a ridiculous price was being asked. Now you practically want to give one away and can't.

And Solar Cat getting no offers on a 2g gold? (I must have missed that or I would have offered for sure, lol!) That just boggles the mind.

I do have to say that when I first started trading it was really hard to figure out what a poster meant when they asked for a 'reasonable offer', or a 'good offer only'. Even now I'm a little intimidated by that wording, but if I think I have even a snowball's chance I'll probably offer.

What the heck, from what I can tell a lot of people offer on stuff without any concern for what's being asked in trade anyway. I could ask for a CB pink and what shows up is somebody offering a 6g pebble or something. xd.png

I hope this thread might be a good place to put this:

Is anybody else thinking trading is hard right now? With metal breeding like hares they seem not to be of much trading inducement, and all everyone wants are shimmers (well, I must confess myself, too) - but I can't even get an offer (not a shimmer or other unreasonable thing, but any offer) on silvers - short, clean and not ugly. I'm asking, I think, not unreasonable things, but a metal swap for a 3. gen clean stairstep and some lineage-related things (non metal) or hatchie for a 5. gen almost evengen.

Anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Edited by Varnayrah

It is not only you, I have problems to find trades, too. To me it seems like every Metallic that is higher than 2nd gen is worth nothing in a trade at the moment. Metallics from SW lineages are not worth breeding anymore if you decide to trade them.

The 'market' is saturated with low gen metals right now, we are experiencing a 'metal boom' and unless the lineage is really special, you are probably only appealing to newer players with none to a few metals. Because players with many metals will have no use for a messy lineaged one, even a short lineage messy one or probably even one over 2nd gen.

Thankfully the tinsel market seems to have bounced back a bit with the current 'metal boom' and after the 'metal drought' newer players are looking to get all the tinsel lineages, which means some reasonable trades for tinsels.

Then there are folks asking for an arm and a leg for a 2nd gen metal or trading as a combination only which usually is just CB Metals and Shimmerscales, which most folks cannot pay. So there is a gap between 2nd and 3rd gen that is measurable in CB Metals/Shimmerscales wants for a 2nd gen and rare/uncommon wants for a 3rd gen trade. Hopefully that makes some sense. laugh.gif

Edited by Dubious

I don't know. I just had to trade a CB ND (!!!) for a future IOU of a CB metal, and that's only because I was desperate. I had it up in trades for almost 36 hours, and during that time, I only got 4 offers, all were for non-rare, long messy lines!!

Yes, I was asking for a CB metal (just 1) or a low gen tinsel, or maybe a nice short gen line. All very reasonable. I was also open to pms.

Yet, all I got were long messy deadlines, and such. FOR A CB ND!!!

So, yeah, maybe trading inflation IS a worry, because that was just crazy.

And, you can't even get CB metals cause all anyone wants are Shimmer IOU's. And "no other offers please" notes, so you can't even negotiate.

Edited by Riverwillows

Yes, I understand - but surely a 3. gen stairstep Silver should nonetheless be worth another 3.-5. gen stairstep or spirel Metal, and that's what I'm asking. I even thought it should be easier because there are so many Metals around now. I'm not expecting much from the 5th gen... however, as it is, it is a bit ridiculous.

And yes, not getting decent offers on a CB ND is bad. Had I seen it though I'd perhaps not dared to offer just a 3. gen Silver for it, to be honest.

And yes, not getting decent offers on a CB ND is bad. Had I seen it though I'd perhaps not dared to offer just a 3. gen Silver for it, to be honest.

Honestly, I would have accepted it. I wasn't getting ANYTHING good. 12 gens that switched all over the place, "4 gen" deadlines, not even CB commons!!

I had seen another guy tradeoff a CB silver, and had to convince him to IOU me another CB for my ND. I had to initiate the trade offer!!

And yeah, like I said, anything decent is going for Shimmer IOU's and no one wants a normal trade anymore. I have a LOT of nice lines and low tinsels, but I'm done trading for a while, maybe it will go down.

I don't mind trading away pretty lineaged golds for less than nothing, when I manage to breed them, if that less than nothing is either a pretty lineage or a CB hatchling towards my scroll goals or something that strikes my fancy. But I think people are so afraid of being rejected that I don't get any offers, whether I keep it brief ("Pretty lineages or breeds off my wishlist. I'm not picky.") or explicit ("CB hatchling of any of these breeds <list>, a checkerboard egg as mate for these dragons <list>, or 2nd gen purebred reds"). Aside from an occasional begging email about how can I give them this for free, I don't get any offers and I'm about ready to give up on trading to be honest.

You're not alone, actually. I only had two lineage offers PM'd to me and I was offering CB metals. Ok, I did ask for big lineages but most were practically lineages made from commons. Lineages are so hard to find, excuse me while I mope. I think there might just be a lack of good lineages in general. But big deal, I don't bite and I doubt people offer if they don't think they can get an offer. I've had multiple 3rd gen gold tinsels go without offers in all the time I've had my second gen and I'm lucky if I get just ONE offer on second gen metals, even when I ask for blood swaps. Second gen plus metals: don't even think about getting an offer. Rares: nobody ever offers hatchlings.... So yes, my trading luck is generally crappy u_u

Another thing we have to consider is people can only make ONE TRADE OFFER. That means that most of the time, I personally wouldn't offer for anything that I wouldn't certainly be able to get.

Edited by DarkEternity

I peeked a bit in the trade forum and as far as I can see, it's either Shimmers or nothing right now. I think I'll stay away from it until the excitement gets down a bit.

When I trade rare things, I usually ask for: other CB rares, specific lineaged dragons and ultra common CB hatchies. I think that's reasonable - after all, everyone can offer on the trade. And still, people rarely bite.

As Dubious said, the problem is that most poeple are desperately looking for Shimmerscales. Those who are not able to catch more than one CB Metal at once are trying their luck with combined offers of many CB or low gen rares. That is why swaps are nearly impossible at the moment. People simply have another priority now.

Dark, do you post on the trade it's ok to pm you? If you did, you might get more people offering. Only because, in spite of my equally bad luck lately, I HAVE noticed more offers when I put that in the sig line. Of course, they are still cruddy offers but it does help generate more.

Ever since that post about hassling traders, I think most people are afraid to pm to negotiate, unless it's stated they can. Just a thought.

I don't know what everyone wants these days, apart from shimmer scales.

I know it's not really trading but I just APed a second gen split because I couldn't give it away.

Also I probably wouldn't offer a lineaged metal on a ND, although talking in this thread did get me to make some offers on peoples' trades. I got a thunder for a 2nd gen pink, which kind of makes me feel like a scammer but it was on their want list. I wonder if it was the only offer...

Edit to add:

Ever since that post about hassling traders, I think most people are afraid to pm to negotiate, unless it's stated they can. Just a thought.

You may be right there, that notice was really directed at a minority of users but it could have made more people worried about PMing traders.

Also, have you tried mentioning that you'll hold the egg while people hatch you some cb commons/BSA dragons/whatever? If you don't mind doing that it could get you more offers, I know I don't often have 2-3 CB hatchlings that I want to trade on hand.

Edited by KishaRa

It is very tricky and time consuming to make an ND, Kisha. They are worth the CB metal.

It is very tricky and time consuming to make an ND, Kisha. They are worth the CB metal.

Which is why I probably wouldn't offer on one. I think you may have misinterpeted me there, either that or I misinterpeted a poster above, as I thought I read that someone would have traded a ND they made for a nicely lineaged metal.

Yes, good point.. there was a poor person who seemed nervous to PM me. It was a breeding request but same difference. Third gen tinsels are hard to trade so before you start offering your soul and CB metals for third gen shimmers, think twice! In my book, several hatchlings are a good offer on a good day. But seriously guys, I wince everytime I see posts offering good things for a shimmer of a good lineage. The forum had a short memory. In a month or so, you will regret ever making that trade. sad.gif

Sixth/fifth/fourth gen shimmers too, beware of the market. You will regret it...

Edited by DarkEternity

Are they still worth CB Metallics? I am a little bit in doubt if this is true, because so many people have the ability and patience to create them. It is just a question, because I really do not know. To me Neglecteds never had been interesting, because they are unbreedable. I only have mine because of scroll-completion.

Maybe it is only me, but trading was more fun as I was new here. It is way easier and a lot more interesting when you need all there is instead of only needing one or two dragons that are nearly impossible to get.

Oh, and to second DarkEternity, there is no need to be desperate or crazy or something about not having a Shimmer yet. They will spread and people should have this in mind. There is no need to offer CB Metallics and NDs or both for third or fourth gen Shimmers now, the risk that you are going to regret it can not be denied.

Edited by drabrugon

I never get this. I put what I want in my sig and often get GIFTED stuff... I must admit I don't trade in EATW because there are so many people there who haven't a clue, and also as someone says, the way it updates is - weird..

I hate the "value"/"worth" thing - though I admit I'd breed every last dragon on my scroll for an ND... biggrin.gif I've just been promised a 2nd gen gold for just congratulating someone who posted that they had got a CB. And I wasn't even trying to get anything; I was just happy for her ! biggrin.gif I think I shall carry on avoiding the trade environment except where there are simple teleport links I can offer on and then forget about ! Life's too short....

Wish I'd known that, Fuzz. You do have some nice lines I would've been interested in. But, water under the bridge. I too won't be operating much in the trades. It's too ridiculous in there nowadays.

And it's a shame too, because all these 'shimmer only' deals are probably chasing away a lot of older people who don't want to deal with it, yet have the very lines and low gens most people are really dying for. Cest 'la vie.

Edited by Riverwillows

Once the shimmers hit mainstream then things will even out and also pick up in the trading forums as people look for lineages. That was the case with the tinsels, it was a lot of fun getting different lineages.

On pming, I often skip over trades that don't offer a teleport link for simple trades, but ask people to pm them. It is just much quicker, easier to offer on a trade link. I don't have time to back and forth over pm so unless it is something I desperately want, I tend to just offer on trade links.

The value of ND's seems to change, they ARE worth a CB metal in theory as they take so much effort and timing etc to make. But whether people can get one for that is really dependant on who is willing/able to pay at the moment. It is pretty much down to timing and luck. Also many people sporting CB Metals now have enough ND's, whereas many people who desperately want ND's don't have and cannot get CB Metals.

For my one and only ND, I posted a trade with some tinsels or other stuff and was completely surprised when an ND owner pm'd me, saying literally 'I have this ND, what can you offer me for this.' I had seen their trade post when I posted mine and dismissed it as something I could never, ever afford to get. But it seems that they couldn't get a trade they wanted and were looking for any reasonable trade and that was back in 2011.

Well naturally I offered anything and everything I had. laugh.gif A few pm's and some tinsel IOU's later and I had my most prized dragon, my neglected. Boy, was that a good day! biggrin.gif

So it really is about timing, I think. When it comes to NDs.

Edited by Dubious

It's probably about timing in trading everything. Right now is looking like a pretty bad time to trade anything that's not a shimmerscale but I think I have enough goals to complete without offering my sould for one. I'll get one eventually and that's good enough for me.

Right now I'd trade my soul for 2nd gen GW with winter magi fathers. What's your soul worth?

Yes, timing must be really bad for normal tradig. The only problem is to tewll this my metals that are producing now ^^

What's my soul worth - no dragon at the moemnt, I suppose. Well, perhaps an ND or CB Gold. Had I one I would definetively not offer it on a Shimmerscale.

And I'm sorry my Winter Magi would not produce tongue.gif

On pming, I often skip over trades that don't offer a teleport link for simple trades, but ask people to pm them. It is just much quicker, easier to offer on a trade link. I don't have time to back and forth over pm so unless it is something I desperately want, I tend to just offer on trade links.

I think what we mean, is if you don't post a note saying that, even tho there is a trade link, you still are ok with people pm'ing you about more negotiations...they won't pm you, even if they want to add more to guarantee them getting it. Because of the trade-harrassment note, they are afraid to pm, even to better the deal, unless you state its ok to. Like in my sig. Yeah, I offer a trade link, and what I'm looking for. But I also invite them to pm me about it, I'm ok with that.

That's what we meant, not the 'pm me for trading' with no trade link.