lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

Lol maybe I should just start offering them in pairs then. "Hey have this lovely 4th gen check, and look, there's more! I will throw in its perfect mate for free! That's the value of two lineaged eggs for the price of one!! Hurry because this offer ends soon!"

I would absolutely love if more people did that!

It happens rather often to me that I see a really nice lineaged egg in a trade, but I don't offer on it, because I don't have a mate and it will take ages to breed one.

Edited by Ha-Ki

xd.png lol, worth a try! But in general, the only time I "trade" lineages is when I do swapsies with other lineage nuts. Typically they're the only people interested.

busted! /totally not stalking Amazon's epic rainbow lineage ninja.gif

Of course, for those complaining about not having mates, if they gathered a couple lineages, sooner or later they'd get a mate to match it. Most dragons revolve around specific colors, after all.

Of course, for those complaining about not having mates, if they gathered a couple lineages, sooner or later they'd get a mate to match it. Most dragons revolve around specific colors, after all.

This is not about complaining, it's about value. For me, a breeding pair has a higher value in trade than two single dragons of comparable lineage.

Of course you can get a mate for a dragon if you try hard enough or wait long enough, but having to do this will decrease the value an egg has for me.

:/ eh I seriously feel like people aren't offering enough...

I try to trade well lineaged golds (lowish gen stairsteps) and want in return CB blacks, or certain 2nd gens that most have CBs of...

and I always get either no offers or offers of 1 or 2 messy hatchies.

I've really just given up. I just gift away all my metals now... so much easier...

(although I feel like a hypocrite at the moment complaining about overpriced trades when I'm asking for 2nd gen metals or a CB metal for a IOU for my holly's babies next X-mas xd.png sure it's got a nice lineage... but still... guess the eggs are going to a good cause though.)

Edited by 626lavaheart

Is there absolutely NO way to trade for a CB Metal nowadays? If you check the Metallic trading thread ALL anyone wants for a CB Metal are the Shimmers. That's ALL - with 'no other offers' slapped up there to further the frustration. I TRIED to get some info on that subject about which we may not speak (duhh that's SO stoopid), but no one was willing to help there either. All the Shimmer-offerers want for their prizes are CB's - multiple CB's - so there's no chance of getting a shimmer so I can then get some CB's.

I'll keep trying to snag them in the Cave, but with the closing of the new release and the AP blocking back in effect, that's probably just not gonna happen.

So is there NOTHING I can do to trade for a CB Silver?

This is not about complaining, it's about value. For me, a breeding pair has a higher value in trade than two single dragons of comparable lineage.

Of course you can get a mate for a dragon if you try hard enough or wait long enough, but having to do this will decrease the value an egg has for me.

But there is no guarantee of a breeding pair with two eggs.

1. People have to have influence. Lots of people I've noticed, don't have pinks or don't have many.

2. They may not alt, if the lineage is an alt one.

3. They may refuse each other.

4. Two eggs take more room, not always convenient for either party.

5. How does it make sense for a breeder to basically, breed the eggs before they finished their lineage?

You're saying you'd trade higher for:

view/tGj66[/url] and

/view/R1lAs[/url]

Rather than

view/iq4ML[/url]

-please use lineage links-

In my experience, I've never found that to be the case. People offer less when I put two up for trade. Or, they offer one thing I asked for and throw something else random onto the trade to try and make the one thing have more value. When I post something singly, they can't pull that trick.

Case in point, tried posting properly influenced new release hatchies yesterday, 1 offer, no PMs and the offer didn't match what I was asking for, though 1 egg was very nice. I'd probably have accepted if they'd not thrown the 2nd one on there.

Edited by rubyshoes

The only reason why I have metals right now is because I got them as gifts. I've seen 1 CB gold and 2 CB silvers the last week and they were the first I've ever seen in the three years I've been using DC.

My dragons are all being iffy. They all refuse to breed, so I can't try to create nice lineages. Trading just doesn't work for me. I don't have what they are asking for, or they offer things I don't really want.

My dragons are all being iffy. They all refuse to breed, so I can't try to create nice lineages.

Mine are too! I have had my few nice metals for a few months and fertilize then breed every week. Not ONE shiny egg. At all. Period. My trios are doing the same. So even if people were accepting not CB metals for either Shimmers or other CB metals I got zip to offer lol. Except things I CAN breed or catch.

Edited by Katykins2

What were you asking?

Is there absolutely NO way to trade for a CB Metal nowadays? If you check the Metallic trading thread ALL anyone wants for a CB Metal are the Shimmers. That's ALL - with 'no other offers' slapped up there to further the frustration. I TRIED to get some info on that subject about which we may not speak (duhh that's SO stoopid), but no one was willing to help there either. All the Shimmer-offerers want for their prizes are CB's - multiple CB's - so there's no chance of getting a shimmer so I can then get some CB's.

I'll keep trying to snag them in the Cave, but with the closing of the new release and the AP blocking back in effect, that's probably just not gonna happen.

So is there NOTHING I can do to trade for a CB Silver?

*Points to signature*

What were you asking?

3rd gen gold stair swap or a 3rd gen gold tinsel

See, what I see is that it's not that those things are not worth the trade, they are, but that people just don't have that.

That's the problem. People have these CB metals, or nice metal low gens and they want low metal gens, or other CB metals.....

Metals don't breed well, and, other than the last couple days, don't drop well in the Cave, which have now pretty much gone back to normal.

People would LOVE your eggie, but they just don't have what you are asking. I see requests for metals for trades, and I can't help but think, lol...hope you are ready to keep it. The worth hasn't diminished, but the supply is much less than the demand. Which means, if you want to trade your metals, start thinking of easier to obtain items, like nice lineages of uncommon's, and such.

@SnowSherry:

To me it appears to be a little bit different to what Riverwillows pointed out. Metallics from Holidays are still breeding very well and there are to many of those out there. Most people are looking for Metallics from Common lineages now. I know that it is easier to get a Metallic when pairing it to a Holiday, but on the other hand some Holiday dragons have a limit of 2 per scroll. I can only speak for me here, but I would not trade for your egg for the reason, that both my WMs already have a Metallic breeding partner from a similar line. I think that many people are in a similar situation and that is why swaps are not making sense anymore. To second Riverwillows I would also say that you should look for uncommon or common hatchies as a trade. This way you would most likely get more offers because new players without low gen Metallics could also make an offer.

I just traded a very similar (4. gen) Gold stairstep with Winter Magi for 4 CB Stripe Hatchies (and it was hard choice because I had two other very tempting offers of CB hatchies and ER eggs). Now I know that stripes drop like mad right now, but I strongly suppose there will come other times again *lol* So I was really content with this trade. Whereas I don't think I'd traded it for another gold stairstep because afte that metal rush (that still seems to hold on) I just have my fill of metals - even though I really love most Metal/Holyday-lineages. So perhaps if one doesn't just restrict the trade to metal swap one will perhaps get more offers and subsequently one among them thatone likes. After all if absolutely nothing gets offers that you like you can allways decline offers. I feel it's easiest to get offers when I am open to many things but give some examples of what I like (only "just offer" is too little for people to know what they should offer, I think)

Edited by Varnayrah

I've got zero offers on this 3rd gen gold for the past 2 days, http://dragcave.net/lineage/76unN

I agree with drabrugon: I think the problem of your gold is that

1) it is paired with an holiday, and people can have no more then 2 of it. It means that if I already have other 2 something x winter magi lines I can't be able to continue yours too. So stairsteps with commons/uncommons are preferred

2) people with 3rd gen golds are probably hoping to trade them for shimmerscales

3) 3rd gen tinsels are still pretty rare and people with them probably hope to trade for cb metallics / low gen shimmerscales

I know that when I'm looking for lowgen Metals, I WILL pass up those bred with Holidays.

It's very well and good to offer CB Metals for bred eggs of certain lines - but it takes a LONG time to get a 7gen even egg - a long time.

See, what I see is that it's not that those things are not worth the trade, they are, but that people just don't have that.

That's the problem. People have these CB metals, or nice metal low gens and they want low metal gens, or other CB metals.....

Metals don't breed well, and, other than the last couple days, don't drop well in the Cave, which have now pretty much gone back to normal.

People would LOVE your eggie, but they just don't have what you are asking. I see requests for metals for trades, and I can't help but think, lol...hope you are ready to keep it. The worth hasn't diminished, but the supply is much less than the demand. Which means, if you want to trade your metals, start thinking of easier to obtain items, like nice lineages of uncommon's, and such.

This. It's what I try to tell people who get frustrated with trades. Most of the time if you want a response, aim lower, even if it's not worth it.

@SnowSherry: I would willingly swap for such a lineage but I don't have what you're looking for. The golds I have are especially stubborn but the silvers are always fruitful. It's the reason I have so few golds and a large number of silvers.

@DarkEternity: Finding checkers that large is close to impossible. I've never seen one myself and you would probably have to find the one person who has those combinations as a breeding project.

I just found out that to breed a 7gen line you'd need 32 males (of breed I) and 32 females (of breed II) - boggling!

@DarkEternity: Finding checkers that large is close to impossible. I've never seen one myself and you would probably have to find the one person who has those combinations as a breeding project.

Or be willing to take an IOU from someone who at least has a start on the particular lineages you want

@Snow Sherry

I looked at your trade while I was looking for a low gen gold and passed on it because I couldn't continue the line. I am missing quite a few holiday dragon types. So you are also cutting out all the newer players or inconsistent ones. Not that I think holiday lineages are bad, they look lovely, but they might not have as many people as you would think open to trading for them

Edited by Katykins2

@DarkEternity

I would be happy to offer you a 8th gen Terrae/Waterwalker or White male/hellfire female for a couple of cb metallic, but you would have to wait at least 3 months for me to start the lineage from the beginning tongue.gif

And I know nobody who is currently working on the kind of lineage you are looking for who can have a so hign generation ready to breed

This is my largest checkerboard.

Purple x Pink 5th Gen

I'm happy with the size of it, I'm not taking it any higher for awhile.

I'm building a mirrored mate so I can breed to 6th gen, but at that point it won't be an official checkerboard. I'm not really inspired to take it much higher than that, at the moment, as I have other projects I want to start.

My largest completed breeding project taps out at 7th Gen:

7th Gen Split

I am working on another, a purebred red, that I intend to take as high as I can get it. Things just seem to lose steam when they hit 7th gen:

7th Gen Purebred Red

I'll be impressed if I can get to 8th gen before the end of the year, to be honest. But I'm still breeding. smile.gif

All the Shimmer-offerers want for their prizes are CB's - multiple CB's - so there's no chance of getting a shimmer so I can then get some CB's.

Actually, all the ones I've seen posting are asking for shimmer-swaps. I'm not sure which is more frustrating. sleep.gif

I am working on another, a purebred red, that I intend to take as high as I can get it. Things just seem to lose steam when they hit 7th gen:

7th Gen Purebred Red

I'll be impressed if I can get to 8th gen before the end of the year, to be honest. But I'm still breeding. smile.gif

!!!! I am collecting CBs to start a PB red line! I only have 29 of my CBs and two gifted 2nd gens and I need 64 to get to 7th gen, but if I ever get there we should bloodswap.

I saw someone who was asking for 13th even-gen specific lineages for CB metals if that makes anyone feel better?