lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

I'd love a bloodswap thread, to be completely honest. I can't move mine for anything. And it would seem that few people want to even offer to breed either, and that's probably because of the new harassment rules come to think of it.

You wouldn't think it'd be hard to move a CB Thunder bundled with a 3gen Gold for a 2gen pink from a gold x bright pink or any 2gen egg from a Bluesang x Trihorn. But sure enough, the gold grew up on my scroll and I gifted the thunder egg (at 3 days left) to a new player.

I've also had 2gen metal bloodswap (or other particular lineage) requests go unanswered or only have extremely messy commons or CB blockers be offered.

I honestly don't know what happened to trading blatant lie... the prizes happened to trading, but between problems of timing, bundling and over and under valuing. Trading.... really is very unpleasant to do.

And if you suck at catching metals or lack well-connected friends. Bloodswaps are the best you can hope for sometimes.

Dubious, CB Blusangs ARE worth CB Blacks and Pinks, and GW too!! CB for CB.

CB Bluesangs right now, are just Prize dragons in disguise. Everyone wants em, but that does not necessarily make CB Blusangs any more valuable than other hard to get CB's, like pinks, Ices, blacks, etc.

I myself would NOT pay a CB gold or a silver for a simple Blusang, no way. Not unless more was offered.

I noticed all the trades asking for blusangs and was a little surprised. /hugs army. It's not enough to get my bum out of alpine though.

I've done more gifting than trading lately, but it seemed like no one was willing to offer cb hatchies on things anymore. And even when I had 21 cb hatchies, no one offered anything.

it seemed like no one was willing to offer cb hatchies on things anymore. And even when I had 21 cb hatchies, no one offered anything.

Agree! Some times ago I would have killed to get a gold by offering an army of cb hatchlings.

In these days I didn't have a single offer while trying to trade my 4th gen gold for 2-3 common cb hatchlings

It's almost a paradox. On one hand, everyone likes hatchies cause they will grow up and be useful sooner, and they have more room for them on scrolls. On the other hand, people offer eggs, cause they are quicker and don't need the time spent to hatch them.

Catch 22.

It's almost a paradox. On one hand, everyone likes hatchies cause they will grow up and be useful sooner, and they have more room for them on scrolls. On the other hand, people offer eggs, cause they are quicker and don't need the time spent to hatch them.

Catch 22.

I had a checkerboard red hatchling (red x magi checkerboard) up for trade.

I wanted a pretty-lineaged egg, breed didn't matter, just something organized-looking.

I got ZERO offers.

That's because it wasn't a SHIMMER hatchie, Solar!! ROFL!!

Seriously tho, I feel your pain. sad.gif

CB Bluesangs right now, are just Prize dragons in disguise. Everyone wants em, but that does not necessarily make CB Blusangs any more valuable than other hard to get CB's, like pinks, Ices, blacks, etc.

I myself would NOT pay a CB gold or a silver for a simple Blusang, no way. Not unless more was offered.

To you perhaps, but to me at this point in time....no, not at all.

'Worth' is dictated by supply and demand and at this point in time at any one drop I consistantly see a minimum of 4 CB GW's, CB Pinks maybe at least 10, CB Blacks have made a comeback and I see them a lot, probably four or five per drop if not more.

CB Blusangs....one or two a day, sometimes three (this is judging on the number of drops I attend which currently is about 8 a day). They are NOT easy to get, whereas CB GWs/Blacks/Pinks are pretty easy to get. I can get any of those at any drop. CB Blusangs, not so much. I scored one today and one yesterday.

So which has more value, the one that is easier to get and more plentiful....or the one that is rarer and takes far more effort to get. As demonstrated by the plethora of trades asking for CB Blusangs in comparison to those asking for CB Blacks/GW/Pinks etc...it is clear that there is a far greater demand for CB Blusangs, then there is a supply of them.

I would certainly not ask for a CB Gold for a CB Blusang or even two Blusangs, that would be kinda silly. However, neither would I think that a CB Black or CB GW is a fair trade for a CB Blusang. Others may differ, but honesty I doubt it there are many that would make that trade.

In the future of course the balance may and probably will shift and CB Blusangs will not be in such short supply.

Edited by Dubious

@Dubious: That's surprising about your CB blusang trades. o_o It seems like people are asking for CB blusangs at least once in every page.

I'd love a bloodswap thread, to be completely honest.  I can't move mine for anything.  And it would seem that few people want to even offer to breed either, and that's probably because of the new harassment rules come to think of it.

Maybe we should ask the Trading section mods for one again? smile.gif What do you think? (Just to clarify for those who didn't see my original post: I'm not recommending to nag them - it's been months since I last asked, so I think it would be okay to give it another shot, especially since the face of Trading has changed quite a bit since. happy.gif)

Something that makes me sad is that while I have been clicking madly on every CB metal I see, I haven't caught one, but on the trading thread I saw someone with 1 CB gold 2 CB silvers 3 CB magmas and a CB stripe all up for trade for a shimmer. I know everyone wants shimmerscales but it makes me so sad to see eggs I would have snapped up if I could all going in 1 ridiculous trade fodder offer that I wont be able to provide and in a few months they would be worth more individually because there will be more shimmers to go around.

Other thoughts:

Those who have been around DC for a veeeeeery long time and who have heavenly things like CB Hollys and an army of Metal on their scrolls can basically get anything they want to get that is available to get because they have the things that are, generally, most wanted.

Unfortunately for those of us who would like to trade for the goodies they offer, they also probably already HAVE most of everything they want (unless they have a particular addiction to something like, say, oh, I don't know... Balloons), except, of course, a Shimmerscale, so there is very little else that would be tempting to them (read "a GOOD offer") The players who will almost always have something they would like to trade for are others with same level and quantity of rare treasures on their scrolls.

This means that even offers of multiple CB Blacks or CB Stripes (which used to cost dear to trade for) go ignored from those who don't have the wanted Metals because for the most part, they already have all the CB Blacks and CB Stripes (or GWs or Tans or Blusangs or even Trios) they need.

They will be the ones able to "buy" the first Shimmerscales, increasing the treasures on their scrolls and increasing their power to collect more treasures through those first 2nd-gen Shimmerscales. This will then lead to trading with each other because they will be the ones with the different-lineaged Shimmerscales that they each want.

Now, I know full well that this is an overly-generalized description of the situation. There are many long-time players who can hardly wait to get their hands on 2nd-gen Shimmerscales to be able to gift them to others. However, it is, in the overly-generalized sense that it is, a fairly accurate description of the situation. If it were not so, you would see 3rd-gen Shimmerscales out there for trade for gobs of hatchlings. But if you are a newer player and suddenly have a Prize Dragon that everyone wants, of course you are going to want those dragons you could never trade for before. And as for those who are able to pay bundles of Rares for the 2nd-gen offspring of those Prizes, if you had a fleet of yachts, why would you need a fleet of rowboats?

Please understand, this is not a complaint, just a description of how the economy is working right now.

I sure wish I could find those 2nd-gen Metals out there where gobs of hatchlings would be accepted. I read people's posts and if they say that they want 3 CB Blusangs or a Blood Swap and nothing else, I don't bother them. I sure wish I knew where they were hiding, for I would offer on those in a heartbeat! (Now, of course, some aren't the pairing I'm looking for, so I like to let others have a chance at getting those, but apparently I need to start trying on those. I didn't realize that the owners weren't getting any offers!)

Thank the DC heavens that there are still those long-time DC members who are very generous. There are some very lovely traders out there! Since my own dragons won't breed for me much, I've picked up nearly all my 2nd- and 3rd-gen Metals from them! Thank you so much for being willing to take multiple hatchlings and such! And please don't stop trading. Without you, the newer among us would have no hope at all.

And then there are the gifters *hugs you all* Most of my best dragons were gifts. I hope you know the joy you bring to others.

Regarding comments about having bred something to a trade specification and then not having it accepted... If you don't have it already, I really really really prefer you PM me and tell me you have the ability to breed it rather than breeding it and then offering it. Usually when someone breeds something for me and offers it fresh from the nest (7d 0h), it is often something lower down on my list of things I am looking for and I am hoping for something closer to the top (which I generally state). But then you have to hold that egg on your scroll until I make up my mind, which can take awhile, and then I might take another offer and you feel bent out of shape. (It was so much easier when I could just say "...or an IOU of a 2nd-gen Whatever X Whatnot)

and another thing (sorry, I have a very messy brain), (rats, what was it....) (never mind, it's gone now...)

Yes! I remember! Regarding images. I, too, sometimes browse with the images off, or the filter where I am won't let them through. It is really really frustrating when all I see is a box where the image should be and the words "2 CB" beside it. 2 CB what??? Argh! Everyone can see the words, not everyone can see the images. Make it easier for everyone to see what you are offering and you might get more offers.

So sorry for the long ramble, but I read the whole thing to this point and wanted to respond.

edit: @ Katykins2: A Buff Polish Frizzle!!!!!! Bantam or Standard?

Edited by bantymom

The people who can get the Blusangs seem to be the same people who can get the Golds/Silvers. Maybe that's where the disconnect in value comes to play. If I can catch a breed, it isn't worth as much to me as those I can catch.

I don't value Golden Wyverns as highly as some people, just because the odds of catching one when I see it are pretty good. For me, they seem to be inline with CB Reds. And for some reason I see enough.

On the other hand, I've missed all but one Gold and all the Silvers I've seen in the Cave, and I don't see them with any frequency, probably an average of once or twice a month. I haven't seen a Blusang in months, and catching them was impossible, even on the day of their first release.

Blacks and Stripes have been next to impossible for me until the last couple of days. (checks scroll again...) blink.gif That's a change I wasn't expecting, but I'll go with it as long as it lasts! biggrin.gif

No, what people might not realize, is that Blusangs aren't really any more rare than other uncommons.

They only seem like that, because of all the biomes, the Coastal one has the least amount of rares/uncommons in it, therefore, it doesn't move as fast as the others. No one wants the older types there, so no one picks them up. Unlike the Alpine, which moves fast due to the GW's, pinks, Ices, Blacks, Royals, etc, and the same with the other biomes.

If there were more rare/popular uncommons in the Coastal, it would move faster, and the Blusangs would drop more frequently. As it is, they are there, waiting, but no one is taking the ones under them.

I actually somewhat agree with Riverwillows on the value of CB Blusangs. Only somewhat because while I believe Blusangs are worth CB Blacks and GW, I don't think they're worth CB Pinks. They're worth a little bit higher. For me, Blusangs are up there in the CB Ice, CB Magma and CB Stripe ranks.

I think they may be worth a nice lineaged metal x holiday, maybe 3-4G, but certainly not a 2G one, or even a 3G Metal x Common pairing.

I just sat in the coast, awaiting the ever elusive CB Blusang I can never see, much less catch, and I literally watched a CB Silver AND a CB Gold wiz by. Still no Blusang to be seen.

It doesn't matter for me either way though, the stupid speed at which DC loads for me makes all things pretty impossible to catch. While someone else is admiring their shiny new CB metal on their scroll, I'm still waiting for the "Sorry, you didn't catch this one either, sucker" page to load.

Le sigh.

I won't even touch the shimmerscale conversation. The chances of ever catching anything worth trading for a shimmerscale are nil. They, like CB Metals, are out of my league and I'll just accept now that I'll be admiring them from afar instead of on my scroll. Reality stinks, lol.

I think you just have to talk to the right people. I just brokered a deal for a 3rd gen silver shimmer, 2nd place on the list, with luck, get it next week or so. All I had to do was provide an IOU for some 2nd gen silvers with specific pairings. That's all the owner wanted.

Not all the owners are asking for CB metals, ND's, etc. Some just want stuff they've been dying for for quite a while now. If you can breed what they want, they will most likely be more amenable to working with you.

Look around, check the wishlists, and contact the owners directly (unless they say don't). You just have to do a little footwork.

Edited by Riverwillows

That's true. But still, just talk to them. It may be much easier than everyone is making out. Seriously, there is such a panic going on, it's pretty silly. I personally have found it that way, with the ones I've talked to. I am on lists, and I have yet to be asked to give CB anything. Just check their wishlists.

Edited by Riverwillows

That's true. But still, just talk to them. It may be much easier than everyone is making out. Seriously, there is such a panic going on, it's pretty silly. I personally have found it that way, with the ones I've talked to. I am on lists, and I have yet to be asked to give CB anything. Just check their wishlists.

It is true, though, the less you ask the faster the list gets filled up. So I can see the worry.

But Nox, what I'm saying, is people are so busy running around like chickens with their heads cut off, crying "I'll never get one!", that they are not even giving people a chance to work with them. They just assume it's gonna be CB demands, and impossibilities, without really even trying to see if it's possible or not. That's all.

AND they are messing up the trades, not allowing people to offer what would have been a great deal before the shimmers, when the shimmers themselves will most likely be easier to get in two months.

Edited by Riverwillows

I found that it was alot.png easier to get on a short gen. shimmer list than it was for a tinsel list when those were released even the 2nd drop of tinsels was still out of reach. So im happy the shimmers will be easier to get your hands on. biggrin.gif

That is very true. <.<; Though to be fair, I don't know how exactly many people have tried. And multiple CB metallic offers in the trade do look intimidating.

Thing is, I am uncomfortable with PMing complete strangers about something that they are already being swamped about. I'd rather not add to that stress....

I guess my problem with shimmers is that I don't know anyone who HAS them and whose lists are still OPEN, so I can't really start PM'ing anyone.

Those that I DO know have their lists closed and I'd really hate to annoy people by PM'ing them when they already stated their list is closed. That's why I just sit tight and hope they become common enough like the tinsels before them and maybe grab myself a 3-4G then.