lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

I personally will ask for whatever I need. I get CB's, I got plenty. I may NEED that one 2nd gen bluesang. If that's the case, I know I'll get it for the CB, and I don't care. They get lucky, I get what I want. Everyone wins.

Yeah, I may be selling it short. But who cares? It's just pixels.

Example:

I just grabbed a CB Nebula, and a CB Red. Once they come off cooldown, I will gladly trade them for a nice 3gen lineage I need, or maybe a 2nd gen uncommon/common that I need for a personal line.

As long as it remains fun for me, I'll stay here at DC.

Edited by Riverwillows

I'd like to add that there's sometimes the pure randomness of the numbers to take into account.

I've seen perfectly reasonable offers but for one reason or another I just can't breed/catch what it is the owner is looking for! Probably why they're looking for it too...

CB gold is everyone's dream it seems... those who have them are all busy trying to get shimmers atm so the rest of us with nice trades who are willing are a bit stuck. I hope like the tinsels that will calm down over the next year.

I did have a beautiful 2nd gen silver I put up for trade recently. Yes, I wanted a CB gold for it. I asked, I added "other offers".

I got some beautiful offers! The temptation was overwhelming. I am sad to say in the inflation department they were almost all multiple offers of several tinsels and 3rd or 4th gen metallics.

However, I did find a nice little combination I decided to accept in the end and both traders are happy.

So good luck out there, put out your trades for what YOU think is reasonable and I'll be reading your posts to see if it's something I can do for you.

(sometimes, if it's something I can breed.. I will just breed and gift.) wink.gif

I've done that with my paltry non-CB metals - bred and gifted to people without. You don't see a lot of that now.

I am starting to wonder if the extended drops are also having an affect on trades.

I have seen more rares and uncommons go by in the last several days than I think I have ever seen.

I even managed to snag a few, and I'm pretty sure that if catching is suddenly easier for me it's easier for others too.

That's going to make demand for nicer things go down if suddenly many people can catch what they want for themselves.

Not that I see that as a bad thing, because suddenly I think I have a smidgeon of hope for catching a CB gold, lol. But I can see that it might make trading more difficult if suddenly everyone has a ton of blacks, trios, stripes, etc. to offer.

I'm personally hoping it'll make lineaged eggs more appealing.

And were stripes that rare before the current flood? o_o Last time I really played DC, they were so incredibly common; it's a bit jarring to see them as a semi-rare/rare.

I'm personally hoping it'll make lineaged eggs more appealing. 

And were stripes that rare before the current flood? o_o Last time I really played DC, they were so incredibly common; it's a bit jarring to see them as a semi-rare/rare.

Yeah stripes have been uber rare for upwards of a year now. They had a massive breeding drought and were barely dropping at all for awhile similar to CB metals :3 So they have only JUST recently started to climb in numbers again.

Edited by Reidragon

Yeah stripes have been uber rare for upwards of a year now. They had a massive breeding drought and were barely dropping at all for awhile similar to CB metals :3 So they have only JUST recently started to climb in numbers again.

~Rei

...That is so weird to me. I was here when they first came out, and they used to be caveblockers. o-o

I think I'll safely conclude that I'll never understand DC trading.

My hub, Ayelldee and I have been trying to trade for a CB Metal, thinking that we had plenty of stuff between us, to get it done. No such luck even though we have a Blusang hatchie, HAD an Ice hatchie (it grew up), three or four CB Blacks, 2 or three CB Nebulas, 2 CB Stripes, four CB Winters, and I snagged a Magma last night to add to the pile. But still no go. People were trading CB Metals for 4 CB Blacks before all this idiocy took over. Now all anyone wants are Shimmers, and they're offering five and six CB metals. God.

That's why I don't really enjoy all this Tinsel-Shimmer madness.

Although some people like it and want to have the 2nd gens and would sell their soul for them, it pretty much ruins the game for a while (a few good months?) for the ones who don't give a flying kite about them.

And when things settle down a bit and the desperation is gone, another awesome raffle comes, and the madness begins again. And that's not quite fair. smile.gif

a couple of months ago when the shimmers weren't realeased yet, people would sell (let's say half of) their soul for a CB GW, seasonal or even RB. xd.png

Now RBs are more common than common, and 4-5 seasonals or GW can hardly get you a few hatchies... It is just normal that things change... but what's happening now is pretty insane.

edits for typos

Edited by xShadow

...That is so weird to me. I was here when they first came out, and they used to be caveblockers. o-o

I think I'll safely conclude that I'll never understand DC trading.

Well what happened is they released a new color for stripes. The black stripe. Originally there was only white that was Cb and then red, blue, and green you could breed for. Then about a year or two ago they released the black variation on the anniversary of the stripe. Suddenly EVERYONE wanted one and the only way you could get them was breeding your white stripe to a black colored dragon. or your stripes together and hope for black in color roulette.

So blacks and stripes got HIGH in demand and with everyone breeding those CB blacks and stripes got up in rarity almost with Cb metals. Mostly because they were so bred that stripes and blacks stopped breeding well and as a consequence of high ratio numbers also stopped dropping as well in the cave. But even so people still wanted them driving high prices.

Ah the vicious circle we all know too well xd.png!

I'll never understand this forum. When rares rare are rarely dropping, there aren't enough. When the numbers increase, there are too much. So, what shall it be?

Also, are numbers really higher or is it just perception? More people hunting in the biome and taking more eggs means that any CB metal that usually would not have been uncovered because nobody took the common eggs are showing.

I'll never understand this forum. When rares rare are rarely dropping, there aren't enough. When the numbers increase, there are too much. So, what shall it be?

Also, are numbers really higher or is it just perception? More people hunting in the biome and taking more eggs means that any CB metal that usually would not have been uncovered because nobody took the common eggs are showing.

No, it's just differnt people complaining for each one.

There's been a bit of a breeding spike for rares but it is kind of hard to say if their CB numbers are really increased or if it's just the cave being unblocked for longer. Probably six of one and a half dozen of the other.

Yep yep.

Like lots of people above me said, i want CB metals mainly because i have none, and collecting every dragon as CB is one of my DC goals.

Another reason is, to gift the 2gen metals to new users. I was rarely gifted things when i was new and that made it vaguely difficult for me to find quality trades. so i'd like to help new users as much as possible.

(thanks to those people who did gift to me though <3.. but most of you guys probably stopped playing now.)

Um, anyways, i'm rather not pleased with how majority of trades are centering their attention on shimmers, not all of them, but still a lot.

(its good to see lots of trades that dont JUST want shimmers, but have a secondary choice, which gives us an option in what to offer..)

): There is only such a small chance of a shimmer owner willing to trade eggs away right now.

Um um, correct me if im wrong please..

^This

Well what happened is they released a new color for stripes. The black stripe. Originally there was only white that was Cb and then red, blue, and green you could breed for. Then about a year or two ago they released the black variation on the anniversary of the stripe. Suddenly EVERYONE wanted one and the only way you could get them was breeding your white stripe to a black colored dragon. or your stripes together and hope for black in color roulette.

So blacks and stripes got HIGH in demand and with everyone breeding those CB blacks and stripes got up in rarity almost with Cb metals. Mostly because they were so bred that stripes and blacks stopped breeding well and as a consequence of high ratio numbers also stopped dropping as well in the cave. But even so people still wanted them driving high prices.

This makes me so very glad I did well in my economics classes. Its like the stock market...or a new iSomething or other being released

Edited by Katykins2

This makes me so very glad I did well in my economics classes.  Its like the stock market...or a new iSomething or other being released

ahaha exactly xd.png Humans are creatures of habit and conditioning. Your neighbor has the new shiny? Well Wth! I must have it too! xd.png

Edit: Just to clarify I am not saying everyone is like this but a lot of the human race is ;D Whether we want to admit it or not.

Edited by Reidragon

I didn't even realize that there were black stripes now. /old fart

That explains the prevalence of stripes in trading threads, though.

I didn't even realize that there were black stripes now. /old fart

That explains the prevalence of stripes in trading threads, though.

ahaha Yep xd.png I could try and breed you some if you would like? Though stripes have been breeding like metals these days. rolleyes.gif

ahaha Yep xd.png I could try and breed you some if you would like? Though stripes have been breeding like metals these days. rolleyes.gif

Haha, thank you for the offer but apparently I already have two on my scroll already (what) o_o

Haha, thank you for the offer but apparently I already have two on my scroll already (what) o_o

AHAHAHA!

That's great xd.png! I literally loled >< Anyway yeah I agree that trading has become a game of inflation but then that's what happens with supply and demand xP The prices on things fluctuate all the time. If it's not Cb metals it's stripes or blacks or blusangs or whatever.

Though I bet stones and some others that cave block will never be high in demand rolleyes.gif

I remember when I first started, stones weren't terribly common and tended to disappear quickly. They weren't blockers like they are now. That and when geodes first came out, I think they were a little more popular to parent them than greens, probably due to the matching colors. I also recall when nocturnes were listed on the rare thread o.O So who knows.

Though I bet stones and some others that cave block will never be high in demand  rolleyes.gif

People also thought that for frills.

Joke's on them.

But seriously, I've been for a year here, and in just that time, Seasonals for example, went from common to rare (I've traded one summer for two Halloween CB hatchlings), to common again.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I've done that with my paltry non-CB metals - bred and gifted to people without. You don't see a lot of that now.

I periodically breed my nicely lined tinsels for the AP, just because the offspring are all higher than 5th gen, which is essentially worthless for a trade, but a nice start for someone who may not have a Tinsel. I still love the Tinsel sprites.

As far as the issues around Blacks and Stripes, both were impossible to get, apart from re-abandoned messy lines, when I returned in September, 2010. The Black Stripes came out six months later, making Stripes and Blacks even harder to get or trade for. I caught one CB Stripe one year ago, and picked up two others in trades. Trading for Blacks, I finally caught a CB Black on my own three days ago, after two and a half years of trying.

People also thought that for frills.

Joke's on them.

But seriously, I've been for a year here, and in just that time, Seasonals for example, went from common to rare (I've traded one summer for two Halloween CB hatchlings), to common again.

lol i wish i had known about what was gonna happen with frills i will now forever be 2 males short xd.png but anyway on topic yes trading prices are far out of hand in my opinion it seems like a lot of the time only people who already have beautiful lineaged dragons or CB's to produce offspring can get beautiful lineages or CB's from other users unless someone wants to be friendly and charge less because it makes other people happy or give things away (not saying they have 2 do either im just sayin thats about the only way people with not so nice lineages can get nice things unless they r good at catching from AP and cave)

I STILL reflex-click on Blacks and Stripes, and Seasonals. Whadya wanna bet that the DAY it turns Spring, the Seasonals disappear like they did when it went from Autumn to Winter? People will be dashing around desperately offering to trade CB metals for a seasonal the way they were earlier this year.

I STILL reflex-click on Blacks and Stripes, and Seasonals. Whadya wanna bet that the DAY it turns Spring, the Seasonals disappear like they did when it went from Autumn to Winter? People will be dashing around desperately offering to trade CB metals for a seasonal the way they were earlier this year.

ahahaha WHEN not if that happens we will all be looking back at now when we were seeing winters as Cave blockers and going.....what!

Seasonals are utterly baffling from the RTC's perspective, for what it's worth. In the past three or so weeks, we've debated ad nauseaum whether to unlist winters now that they've been common two years in a row and... I for one just don't have the balls. That's pretty much my latest post on the matter. "Watch us unlist winters and them be rare next year while we go '...sorry guys' D:". Just. Argh. Such a capricious breed. xd.png *headdeks*

I'm scared for spring, I really am. I still need two CB springs. laugh.gif I'm honestly thinking I won't have a chance. But it's all right, I've played for a few years and intend to play for a few more. I figure eventually the odd ups and downs of seasonals will smooth out; slowly but surely.