lundfamily3

Trading Inflation

I'm curious -- what do you guys want CB metals for?  Pretty much everyone complaining about their inability to catch CB metals in this thread already has several of them.  Is it just for trading?  Do you need them for lineages?

I only want one CB Gold egg to influence male to 'complete' my scroll goal which is to have a male and female of every available species and then breed purebred 2nd gen hatchies from them to freeze :3 (male, female, ungender hatchie)

Once my ultimate scroll goal is complete I plan to breed lineages and glomp gift random babies to people on the forums ^^!

All I have left to complete my goal is a CB male gold and a CB male blusang. Then I will have a male and female Cb pair of everything that can be caveborn CB xd.png! LOL! So for me it is about FINALLY completing my scroll and nothing else. I don't really need the shimmers or tinsels or whatever else. I need one each of those for sprite collecting like the unbreedables but other then that I'm not really obsessed with obtaining them.

The ONE shimmer I was able to trade for I traded a 2nd gen purebred silver for. The only one my single CB pair has managed to produce in over a year of once a week religious breeding. LOL They like to breed but always give me no egg xP Not sure if I should blame him or her. /joke

Edited by Reidragon

I'm curious -- what do you guys want CB metals for?  Pretty much everyone complaining about their inability to catch CB metals in this thread already has several of them.  Is it just for trading?  Do you need them for lineages?

The five CB silvers and one CB Gold I have (not including the one I caught last night), I caught long before we had as many dragons in-cave, along with fewer users at the time (late '08- early '09). I had different goals back then as well: I didn't care about CB vs bred, just wanted x# of each breed (most of the bred gold silvers I have are descendants of those CBs in fact, born during the 'metal breeding glitch' back then).

Over time my preferences changed to preferring to having at least a CB pair of each catchable breed and having non-inbred lineages after that. That along with the gold sprite change, was what drove me to want another CB Gold so badly. I just needed a CB gold Female to complete that goal!

It would also give me better 'breeding stock' for the times I wish to trade or glomp gift.

Edited by Slaskia

I'm curious -- what do you guys want CB metals for? Pretty much everyone complaining about their inability to catch CB metals in this thread already has several of them. Is it just for trading? Do you need them for lineages?

I have 1 CB Gold and 1 CB Silver. I didn't think that was exactly hoarding. I would like a couple more for breeding purposes.

I'm curious -- what do you guys want CB metals for? Pretty much everyone complaining about their inability to catch CB metals in this thread already has several of them. Is it just for trading? Do you need them for lineages?

First post for this thread:

I am looking for a CB male gold for scroll completion. I caught my first and only CB gold last year. I'm not really looking for CB silver since I've a pair already but if I catch more, at least one will be gifted to someone who has no metal. Because this is how I got my first metal on my scroll. A kind soul gifted it to me after my desperate attempt to trade for a CB metal failed. I would like to continue the kindness if possible.

I was lucky in that the first Metallic I got was a CB Silver that I had been secondary hunting for. At the time I was early in the cave and was trying to get at least one of every dragon. As soon as I saw the silver I snagged out of the cave (about a year before we had the Biomes made) I was happy. I managed to snag a long lineaged gold out of the AP af few months later, and a second CB Silver well over a yea rlater when I wa snot eve trying (I had not recognised the flavor text under the egg so I was theown that I managed to snag a second CB Silver when I was not trying.)

Now I am trying to get a CB Gold and with the majority of users ONLY wanting low gen Shimmer scales or Shimmerkin it is getting quite annoying. I say Majority as there is someone in the CB Thread now who has a CB Gold and CB Silver up for trade and said PM Me offers and we will discuss. Sadly I was rejected but I wished them luck in their negotiaitions.

I got my only one CB gold about one month ago, offering a 2nd gen Thuwed

My dream is to one day have 2 cb golds (male and female) and 2 cb silvers (male and female). This for scroll completeness and to be able to try breeding specific 2nd gen metallics and 2nd gen metalfails for people looking for them. I would gift most of them (like I already gifted the two metalfails I got from my gold)

Now I am trying to get a CB Gold and with the majority of users ONLY wanting low gen Shimmer scales or Shimmerkin it is getting quite annoying. I say Majority as there is someone in the CB Thread now who has a CB Gold and CB Silver up for trade and said PM Me offers and we will discuss. Sadly I was rejected but I wished them luck in their negotiaitions.

I'm sure you are not the only rejection so don't feel bad. *hug*

I'm sure you are not the only rejection so don't feel bad. *hug*

Yeah I'll probably be joining you in a moment.

(In an attempt to get a CB silver in the volcano biome I missed it and ended up with a magma, I've never felt so ticked over getting egglocked over a CB magma before...)

I don't have any CB metals - so that's why I want CB metals. Humans are weird that way - obsess over something we can't get, blowing it all out of proportion. **Must have CB shiny pixels to complete self**Must have**Must have** It IS ridiculous.

I still want some CB metals.

(In an attempt to get a CB silver in the volcano biome I missed it and ended up with a magma, I've never felt so ticked over getting egglocked over a CB magma before...)

LOL At least you got a magma, my friend just got a royal blue from apline and missed the CB silver. She wasn't pleased but at least it is a CB she didn't have one until now.

Yes, lineages for one, but...my metals rarely ever breed more metals, so that's not a huge factor

More importantly it's to stop that little niggling sensation of an incomplete scroll!

I have CB's of every breedable non-prize dragon but two. One of them I'll never have because it's discontinued. The other I worry that I'll never have because I'm not good at catching rares in the cave, and it is sort of like ...auuugggghhh, need a matched set of breeders!!! xd.png

Yeah, pretty much want a male CB gold to complete my scroll. It's the ONLY dragon I need to have a CB male and female of every dragon (excluding valentines/Christmas, of course).

But trading inflation is a growing problem. I've got a fairly impressive scroll, IMO, with some amazing lineages, and I'm finding it harder and harder to trade anything. I mean really. I couldn't trade a CB black for ONE female greenwing hatchling. For real. And CB metals, forget about it - everyone wants 2nd gen prizes for everything. I can't even trade my holly IOU for a CB metal at this point, because now that people can get them as HM prizes everyone wants ~2nd gens~.

Speaking of 2nd gens, there's this weird 2nd gen craze going around that I don't quite get. I can see needing a thing for a lineage but why is it so hard to trade a 3rd gen stairstep/EG metal? It almost seems like everyone's trying to gather things that can produce trade fodder and it's leading to a huge mess. Is that the root of it? Then why bother? I mean, the 3rd gens are going to be useless anyway, unless you want to trade for a CB mint hatchling or something.

I'm sorry. I'm not usually one to rant and complain like this, because I don't usually have much to complain about, but this really is severely annoying and has been for a while.

The fact that nothing is producing any eggs isn't helping any, either. *Glares at Precious Zephyr*

I have four cb black hatchlings on my scroll at the moment, I'd happliy trade them all for a cb metal, which used to be the price for one. but now it's all these gods forsaken no good prize dragons! no one wants anything reasonable for ANYTHING. I saw a messy tenth gen gold thuwed being offered for a second gen shimmer.

Mrf? Myself I have two golds, one of them CB (granted the other one is a 2nd gen), and one silver, a 3rd gen from a lovely person gifting to people to people with no silvers. (Heh, yeah, no progress on that front.) I'm usually content to have one CB male and female of each breed, I don't really do lineages yet or anything.

TL;DR: I'm kind of a n00b. ("Kind of" because I have enough to have a bronze trophy.)

Edited by DorkJulian

I want CB metals b/c they're the only CBs I need to complete my scroll, and I've been playing DC for five years, so it's about time. lol.

Well I don't actually have any CB metals, and I don't think I've been moaning on as such but:

One day I would like to catch a CB rare, or even a lineaged one off the AP for myself as both the silvers and one of the golds I have right now were gifts, the other gold is the first gold's first egg. The only rares I've caught for myself were the unbreedables on my scroll, all the others were either gifts or trades.

Also, yes I would like to start my own lineaage projects with CB golds or silvers if I catch any, and yes, I may even trade or bloodswap some of their offspring if I ever get them.

I want them for:

1) Scroll completion. I don't have any CB Golds, and I have just two CB female Silvers

2) Breeding projects.

I just have a goal of 50 CB Metals. /shrug

Edit: lolfail. Wrong quote. XD

Edited by FortyTwo

I have no CB metals, so that's why I want them.

Though on the bright side, I've finally started to see CB metals so that's definitely an improvement.

Trading is definitely weird these days. I have 2 GWs and 3 Blacks up for trade and so far got nothing for them when not long ago I could trade GWs easily.

Edited by Isuzu

Yep yep.

Like lots of people above me said, i want CB metals mainly because i have none, and collecting every dragon as CB is one of my DC goals.

Another reason is, to gift the 2gen metals to new users. I was rarely gifted things when i was new and that made it vaguely difficult for me to find quality trades. so i'd like to help new users as much as possible.

(thanks to those people who did gift to me though <3.. but most of you guys probably stopped playing now.)

Um, anyways, i'm rather not pleased with how majority of trades are centering their attention on shimmers, not all of them, but still a lot.

(its good to see lots of trades that dont JUST want shimmers, but have a secondary choice, which gives us an option in what to offer..)

): There is only such a small chance of a shimmer owner willing to trade eggs away right now.

Um um, correct me if im wrong please..

I have been on DC since 08. I have lots of Golds and silvers, none cavebred.

Then about 2 weeks ago I miraculously caught a cavebred silver! ohmy.gif

I thought gee maybe I can get a blusang for this..

Who knew there was such a demand. I was slammed with messages, And people telling me I could not settle for just one blusang for a cavebred silver.

Egg got view bombed, I finally had a kind person offer 2 blusangs and a purple Dino.

I was thrilled. It was a fluke catching that egg, It will probably never happen again.

I get Egg fever when I see something I want, and cant click straight! biggrin.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

I get Egg fever when I see something I want, and cant click straight! biggrin.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

Me too. Or I just stare at it.

If you want to trade your silver for a blusang, nothing's stopping you. Although you can easily get more than that. As you did.

I have been on DC since 08. I have lots of Golds and silvers, none cavebred.

Then about 2 weeks ago I miraculously caught a cavebred silver! ohmy.gif

I thought gee maybe I can get a blusang for this..

Who knew there was such a demand. I was slammed with messages, And people telling me I could not settle for just one blusang for a cavebred silver.

Egg got view bombed, I finally had a kind person offer 2 blusangs and a purple Dino.

I was thrilled. It was a fluke catching that egg, It will probably never happen again.

hehe :3

and i totally agree with you about clicking, my mouse moves ALL over the place when i see a rare egg, and i feel like a total clutz xd.png i think my finger is going numb from spamming f5 all day too...lol

My hub, Ayelldee and I have been trying to trade for a CB Metal, thinking that we had plenty of stuff between us, to get it done. No such luck even though we have a Blusang hatchie, HAD an Ice hatchie (it grew up), three or four CB Blacks, 2 or three CB Nebulas, 2 CB Stripes, four CB Winters, and I snagged a Magma last night to add to the pile. But still no go. People were trading CB Metals for 4 CB Blacks before all this idiocy took over. Now all anyone wants are Shimmers, and they're offering five and six CB metals. God.