TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

Over a third of winners didn't respond...? And everyone said players winning and quitting wasn't a problem, when I posted that thread in suggestions...

Also, what happens if any of the new 37 winners don't respond? Will TJ keep redrawing or just give up ... ?

Edited by TheGrox

Over a third of winners didn't respond... And everyone said players winning and quitting wasn't a problem, when I posted that thread in suggestions...

Your problem was with quitting after receiving the prize, which obviously is not the case here if the prize is not collected in the first place.

Your problem was with quitting after receiving the prize, which obviously is not the case here if the prize is not collected in the first place.

Nope, that was only part of the problem I was trying to address in my thread. The things suggested in that thread would help against this sort of thing, just as much as winners quitting after winning.

I'm somewhat gobsmacked that even getting a single entry in the raffle probably took 2-3 hours (to collect all the ingredients and then get the first red star recipe), and yet there are so many players who didn't collect their prize.

It's possible that the emails went astray? But that's deserving of concern in its own right.

From those 37 that didn't get their prize, will TJ bump up those who won and responded already to a higher prize, and thus only making it possible for others to get at max an HM? xd.png Or the 37 places will be filled with new people?

It's possible that the emails went astray? But that's deserving of concern in its own right.

Possibly. Apparently there weren't notices on scrolls this year? I guess a lot of people's emails might filter out this sort of messages as spam, and people might not even notice them... I think the notice on the scroll was a good idea.

From those 37 that didn't get their prize, will TJ bump up those who won and responded already to a higher prize, and thus only making it possible for others to get at max an HM? xd.png Or the 37 places will be filled with new people?

I think it'll depend on what option they chose. Apparently there is the choice to get bumped up to a higher prize level if it becomes available -- if there are insufficient people who chose that option to fill the prize slots, then those slots would presumably be redrawn.

It all comes down to how many people noticed and understood that option, and the distribution of the 37 who didn't respond. (Someone mentioned that they could be HMs who didn't care?)

Ironically in some ways, the older the account the more likely the email address used to create it is no longer their main email, meaning that older players are actually less likely to receive the email than new players. tongue.gif

That said, in that case having to check the accuracy of the email also means that those active on the forum are more likely to update their email to the correct one, meaning the more likely pool of winners-who-answer are: new players, active forum members, and people who don't like change. xd.png

I remembered to update my email this year, I used to have an old one that I had lost the password of xd.png. But I guess that sort of thing is a problem.

If I remember what someone said in the thread earlier, there was an option for winners to be 'bumped up' that you have to select first. I don't know if this was a separate 'check box' or part of the drop list for prize selection though (any winners willing to clarify?).

If I remember what someone said in the thread earlier, there was an option for winners to be 'bumped up' that you have to select first.  I don't know if this was a separate 'check box' or part of the drop list for prize selection though (any winners willing to clarify?).

It was a checkbox. And it was optional.

You get to pick your prize, either a prize dragon (For 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) or an HM prize instead. There was then a checkbox. If you checked it, you consented to being moved up a prize tier.

Then we had the codes part. You could just have a random generated code or pick one of your own.

Edited by Qualeo

@ Shichibi and lundfamily3,

thank you for your helpful tips...

My old email addy is still good...

Edited by Husky51

TJ wrote in the "State of the Cave " Post that if he send the new mails "The Raffle Update topic will be updated when this occurs.". So you all don`t have to check the mails until TJ don`t wrote an Post here or made an update.

I'd say a lot of people started DC with a Mail address they would not use for normal mails, to separated it from work/private life. So maybe they never used that address for anything else and it's forgotten or even deleted by the provider?

TJ wrote in the "State of the Cave " Post that if he send the new mails "The Raffle Update topic will be updated when this occurs.". So you all don`t have to check the mails until TJ don`t wrote an Post here or made an update.

Still, I've been checking my email twice a day since this topic was made tongue.gif

I'd say a lot of people started DC with a Mail address they would not use for normal mails, to separated it from work/private life. So maybe they never used that address for anything else and it's forgotten or even deleted by the provider?

That's why I wanted to check the email that was listed in both the Cave and the Forum... But, I'm good.... Well, IMO, I'm good....

others? meh... lol

Waiting patiently for the updates...

remembers a poster from the old hippie days...

shows a vulture sitting on a sign and looking at a mouse...

sign says "Patience, hell, I'm gonna kill sonething"...

lol

I am not patient. I am barely surviving this wait... The reason why I am still sane is because I have been non stop watching Pewdiepie and Tobuscus.

TJ redraw, and I will give you a million dollars! (This offer expires 1 second after I post)

Given the state of the forums right now, maybe TJ would rather us be pounding our email providers rather than hitting this thread nonstop waiting for an update. xd.png

I think we should all stop being so impatient and just wait - refreshing your email will do no good either tongue.gif.

Thanks for the response to my question!

I have two emails: a hotmail one I use for 'fun stuff' and one from a domain I own I use for more serious stuff (bank statements and such). DC is currently on my hotmail one, which hopefully doesn't get snarky with DC emails....

I think we should all stop being so impatient and just wait - refreshing your email will do no good either tongue.gif.

But waiting is haaaaaaaaaaard /whine

I keep telling myself that I won't win, so that if I don't win, I won't be upset. And if I somehow do win, I'll be even more excited because I thought I wouldn't win (if that makes any sense xd.png)

Edit: Wow I need to stop making typos

Edited by Erica8798

But waiting is haaaaaaaaaaard /whine

I keep telling myself that I won't win, so that if I don't win, I won't be upset. And if I somehow do win, I'll be even more excited because I though I wouldn't win (if that makes any sense xd.png)

Makes perfect sense, that's what I'm trying (and failing) to do.

My general reaction is "There's no way I'm going to win, I guess I might as well check my email for kicks".

>.> But I have been secretly checking everyday.