TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

EVERY 2nd gen Prize list will fill up fast, whether they ask for easy things or not. There's always someone willing to pay multiple CB Metals or ND's for one. But that sort of thing is certainly not easy, and is well out of reach for the vast majority of the population (me included).

I think this is why some people get annoyed over the raffle, really. By it's very nature, in DC you can get pretty much anything you want if you put the effort in. You can often trade multiple common hatches for CB Uncommons and Rares, that sort of thing. But there is a feeling amongst the community that you can only get a 2nd gen Prize if you can catch CB Metals or make ND's. And that is quite often the case. Obviously there are some winners that ask for much less, too. But that sort of feeling of desperation and hopelessness of ever getting a 2nd gen Prize isn't a good one for the community to have at all, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the raffle, but I'm just trying to summarise why a lot of people compain about it. Of course, there is hope. I have a couple of 2nd gen Tinsels, and am on one list for a 2nd gen Prize this year. But I have to work very hard to find trades, due to the very fact I can't catch CB Metals or make ND's.

I have no idea where to go to even find trades, honestly. Apparently messaging people about it is harassment according to what prize winners keep saying, and the only time I've ever seen a second gen. prize on the trading boards, it was going for, like, two CB metals and a ND, must have on hand.

For about six months or something, I had my desire for a second gen. tinsel from autumn seasonal in both a wishlist and my signature, and not a single person came forward to help me out in any way at all about it. No pointing me in the right direction, nothing.

It's incredibly frustrating that I have to bend in multiple loops to even attempt to get a lesser version of something someone happened to get through sheer luck

It's incredibly frustrating that I have to bend in multiple loops to even attempt to get a lesser version of something someone happened to get through sheer luck

I have this problem when it comes to getting 2G Tinselfails! So far I have 1 2G Tinselfail, and it was from Hypnotizing. Luckily, the owner did not ask for anything in return (i think).

None of the prize winners I've spoken to have indicated that they felt harrassed by my PMs. I typically send a single PM to a winner and take the absense of a response as disinterest. I don't send PMs to winners who have asked not to be contacted in their profile or signature. It's helpful to take note of those with profile information about their prize, as some of them advertise when their list is open and/or what they might be expecting in a serious offer.

I usually don't share information about winners I've had communication with, because I consider such communication confidential unless the winner specifically indicates that sharing trade information is okay with them.

I was proactively contacted by one winner in the first tinsel release when I posted a trade, and obtained a 2nd gen bronze tinsel that way. Since then, I have never received a PM from a tinsel winner based on a trade I posted. I've always sought the tinsel owner out with an offer in hand. That said, that has netted me one 2nd gen gold tinsel IOU. Given the breeding rates, it's possible that IOU will never be completed.

Edited by siliconrose

I have this problem when it comes to getting 2G Tinselfails! So far I have 1 2G Tinselfail, and it was from Hypnotizing. Luckily, the owner did not ask for anything in return (i think).

I don't find 2nd gen tinselfails at all difficult to get. :/ I have 15ish now, and I have yet to trade more than a couple of CB hatchies for any if them. But maybe I just hit lucky, xd.png.

It's sad that there is a possibility that this years winners will hide like last years winners.

2010 Tinsel winners were very easy to get trades with, some even gifted 2nd gen tinsels while others were very fair. It was so much fun trading back then.

None of the prize winners I've spoken to have indicated that they felt harrassed by my PMs. I typically send a single PM to a winner and take the absense of a response as disinterest. I don't send PMs to winners who have asked not to be contacted in their profile or signature. It's helpful to take note of those with profile information about their prize, as some of them advertise when their list is open and/or what they might be expecting in a serious offer.

I usually don't share information about winners I've had communication with, because I consider such communication confidential unless the winner specifically indicates that sharing trade information is okay with them.

This. This is exactly my experience too. I honestly think the "winners being harassed" thing is over-exaggerated by a lot of people.

This. This is exactly my experience too. I honestly think the "winners being harassed" thing is over-exaggerated by a lot of people.

Yeah, but there are a couple of people who've stated they felt bombarded by the PMs they've received. I just haven't been one of the ones who PMed them. Perhaps I would have had I been on at the appropriate time, and thus would be another harrasser. I've not received a single bounced message saying that a winner's PM box was full, but they could be on the ball with deletions or just feel like even 150 messages is too much to handle. (I'm not sure I could handle 150 PMs, depending on my physical state at the time!)

I'm not gonna put too much effort into getting a 2G. I mean, it isn't that important to me. I'd be happy with a 7G stair or some higher gen, like my Tinsels. I'd just like to get one sometime, but I'm not too concerned about when that may happen.

I'm quite eager to see them, however. I'm sure they'll be pretty!~

Anyways. Yeah.

If winners feel bombarded by messages, then the easiest thing to do is to put a stern notice in their sig asking for no messages. Because most members, people like me, will be polite enough to abide by their wishes, and won't PM them. And those that go ahead and do it anyway don't really deserve to be traded with, imo.

@happyseagull - I don't think we really know for sure, but I assume so. =/

Edited by TheGrox

I'm not gonna put too much effort into getting a 2G. I mean, it isn't that important to me. I'd be happy with a 7G stair or some higher gen, like my Tinsels. I'd just like to get one sometime, but I'm not too concerned about when that may happen.

Anyways. Yeah.

Exactly my position to. smile.gif In no real rush. Excited to see the new dragons more then anything at this point!

Exactly my position to. smile.gif In no real rush. Excited to see the new dragons more then anything at this point!

I would laugh, and laugh, and laugh (and cry) if they turned out to be deliberately awful. Could you imagine? TJ issues stick figure dragons to the winners, with scribbles over top of the childish outlines in gold, silver, and bronze.

I would laugh, and laugh, and laugh (and cry) if they turned out to be deliberately awful. Could you imagine? TJ issues stick figure dragons to the winners, with scribbles over top of the childish outlines in gold, silver, and bronze.

And people would still go nuts over them because they're rare, and beauty tends to take a backseat to rarity sometimes around here. xd.png

LOL, think of all the people who had offered ND's and CB Metals for 2nd gens... I wish TJ would troll us all and do that, just a little bit xd.png.

@happyseagull - I don't think we really know for sure, but I assume so. =/

Okay thanks! I was wondering about that...

so

has anyone even seen the new dragon(s) besides the winners

They haven't been released yet, not even winners have seen them tongue.gif

I can't stop checking my email. And every time I see a mail in any of my accounts, there's this little bubble of hope that lifts... and abruptly pops.

I can't stop checking my email. And every time I see a mail in any of my accounts, there's this little bubble of hope that lifts... and abruptly pops.

I think I might park an autorefresher on my email account so I get notified. tongue.gif

So have the re-draws happened yet? Or is TJ waiting until the 16th to start that? If they haven't started, here's hoping for a birthday gift of that e-mail...

Is that... what is in your signature? Or is that something else entirely?

Is that... what is in your signature? Or is that something else entirely?

It's my humble suggestion as to what such a troll dragon might look like. (Can you see I can art with the best of them? xd.png)

It's my humble suggestion as to what such a troll dragon might look like.  (Can you see I can art with the best of them?  xd.png)

That is a gorgeous troll-dragon xd.png

Anyways. Yeah.

Indeed. I just want to get one down the line. I don't give two hoots about lineages.