7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I agree with that sentiment, though I do think Ampharos is nice. Anyone else find it interesting that as Mareep evolves and gets stronger, eventually becoming Ampharos, it loses it's wool. But when it becomes even stronger it gains more wool?

Hmmmm.......I'm starting to not like X and Y as much as I thought. I saw the starters and loved fennekin because I study Canids and I love fennec foxes. I saw the legendaries and loved Xerneous (idk how you spell it tongue.gif). I saw Sylveon and said You're really trying to tell me this thing is an eeveelution? Then I saw Fairy Type and puked. Then I saw pancham and thought it was cool. Then I saw its evolution which was pretty much the same thing as Beartic and Ursaring. Then they made a sword, whatever flebebe is, Mewtwo's awakened form, and now mega evolutions?! Still buying it, but I think the franchise is going downhill "faster than a fa kittypet". I mean, gen. 5 and now this? Some of the pokemon are cool (fennekin, noivern, skrelpy, xerneous), but some....aren't. Ad I'm not a fan of mega evolutions either. Although I do like absol's new hair! Not the wings though, wings are for flying-types.

Why does everyone hate gen 5? Now, going back onto topic... WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE GEN SIX?! Really guys, if they had recycled some of the gen 1 ideas today we would hate them a lot more now than we would then. A Pokeball? With eyes? And then turn it upside down?

While I don't love megas, I think the series is going uphill if anything. And yes, I'll say it, I like the fairy-type. I think it has a truck load of potential, contrary to all the hate it's getting.

I think the hair makes it look all-female.

I think Xerneas is diseased. Yveltal is way better. (But hey, you can have your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be. tongue.gif)

I also like the sword a lot. And Sylveon may be a little overly bow-y, but it's all good.

At least it wasn't light type.

I would say more, but I mostly agree with the rest.

And Psycho, total agreement on the hair.

O.O I would have loved Light type! I just think it's....not....pokemonish! Alright, um....go Giratina, an

epic ghost dragon, and um....nine tales, a firey fox, and um....Sylveon! A scarf fairy! That can somehow take out a dragon!! Pure genious.

At least we get pokemon amie, fennekin, XERNEAS, skrelpy, noivern, and , yes, SITTING ON BENCHES!!!!!!!!! Plus being able to ride pokemon is really cool. I still have a love-hate relationship with the new graphics, though.

And everyone hates gen 5 because THEY TURNED A GARBAGE BAG/LANDFILL INTO POKEMON!!!!! Not to mention an ice cream cone.....roll, fat little kittypet.....rooooooooll down the hill......

I love Fairy type because Igglybuff is now a Fairy, and Fairy > Dragon. I shall get an Igglybuff, give it an Everstone, and name it Buffy. You know, as in Buffy the Vampire Dragon Slayer.

Well, Muk wasn't an epic poison either. And really, think about it, icecream is really original. Poor Ken (or that new guy) probably worked their butt off to make that work. And as for fairy > dragon, I myself don't understand why Caterpi would have an advantage over Mewtwo.

And everyone hates gen 5 because THEY TURNED A GARBAGE BAG/LANDFILL INTO POKEMON!!!!! Not to mention an ice cream cone.....

I like Gen V a lot partially because of those Pokemon c:

Why does everyone hate gen 5? Now, going back onto topic... WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE GEN SIX?! Really guys, if they had recycled some of the gen 1 ideas today we would hate them a lot more now than we would then. A Pokeball? With eyes? And then turn it upside down?

It's like a variation of the Genwunners, I think. We had the Genwunners first, and now we're getting the people who have been here longer and are starting to lose interest (which is understandable--it's not the world's most innovative series with each installation) so they're going the route of the Genwunners and complaining about how it's not as good as it was before though they'll admit to liking more than just the first gen games.

Which, honestly, I hate. I mean, nobody has to like all the Pokemon designs! You're allowed to think some are lazy, or ugly, or stupid, or even recycled. But it's really stupid to claim that it's so much less "creative" than they used to be. Like you said, we had a living Pokeball that turned upside down. Geodude was a floating rock with arms that turned into a bigger rock with arms and legs that turned into a bigger rock with arms legs and a face. Grimer was a blob of toxic sludge that turned into a bigger blob of toxic sludge. Gastly is literally just a floating ball of gas with a face.

Pokemon has had creative Pokemon, Pokemon drawing very closely from real life, creative Pokemon, weird Pokemon, creepy Pokemon, inanimate object Pokemon, etc. since it first came around.

Also, with like, Munna, was it? There's in the early games an NPC that says something about how there should be a cute pink Pokemon with a floral pattern. I'd not be surprised if that was coincidence, but I'd also not be surprised if Munna was a somewhat re-designed version of a Pokemon that didn't actually make the cut earlier or something, too. Or that they went back to that idea when making new ones even if there wasn't one that was properly designed at the time.

My ranking is:

1: Gen.3 (Hoenn E/R/S)

2: Gen. 4 (Sinnoh D/P/Pt)

3: Gen. 2 (Johto G/S/C HG/SS)

4: Gen. 6 (Kalos X/Y)

5: Gen. 5 (Unova B/W B2/W2)

I'll have to see more X and Y Pokémon before I decide if Kanto is above or above or below Kalos. I'm not too crazy about KKan to/ gen. 1 because, like you said, some of the pokemon are pretty lame and uncreative. I'm not saying the new pokemon ideas aren't creative or original, they're just....bad. However, that's just my opinion, and I'm really hoping that gen. 6 will turn around. Plusthere are some pretty beastly pokes in it already. But whether X/Y rolls downhill faster than a fat kittypet or goes uphill faster than a flying hedgehog is your decision.

To continue the Warriors references here, this could turn out like Firestar. It looks terrible (Why didn't Mawhile get a real evo?) but is a good game in truth. Who knows? The worst could be over. I mean, I can't be the only one exited about bench sitting xd.png

And I thought I was the only person who liked gen three *high-five*

Edited by Psycho Cat

Hrm

I'd definitely have to go

1: Gen II (G/S/C and counting HG/SS)

2: Gen V (B/W but not really counting B2/W2 as much I didn't enjoy them as strongly)

3: Gen I (R/G/B/Y and counting FR/LG)

4: Gen III (R/S/E)

5: Gen IV (D/P/P)

Can't place Gen VI until it's out and I've played it, but so far it definitely looks like it'll at least settle in above Gen III (not sure whether it'll beat Gen I though, only a few mon designs so far have been PARTICULARLY enthralling. Skrelp and an almost guaranteed lack of overly excessive surfing already beats out Gen IV and III (respectively) though.) c:

I dunno if I can rate them.

Black/White are my favorites so far because the story was great, IMO, and I loved N and I was in tears at the end--no Pokemon game has been that emotionally involving for me.

After that, I do dearly love the ORIGINAL R/B (and Yellow, but R/B for nostalgia reasons). The FRLG remakes were great, of course, but it WAS my childhood so I really do just love replaying the old original two...

But Gen 2 was great, too, especially the HGSS remakes. Loved those.

I liked DPPT more than RSE, but both were kinda meh IMO. I liked B2W2 somewhat more, because I like the newer mechanics added in.

I'm thinking XY will rate high for me. It'll come down to story and how well the mechanics work, though. It's hard to really tell so far, but I have high hopes because the mechanics that I'm seein' are lookin' pretty interesting to me so far.

And I thought I was the only person who liked gen three *high-five*

ARE YOU KIDDING?! *Calms down, slowly*

My order is:

1. Gen III

2. Gen IV

3. Gen I (I happen to like voltorb...)

4. Gen V (B2/W2 improved it greatly.)

5. Gen II

Every time someone says gen 5 sucks because of Garbador or Vanilluxe I kind of just

Guys

Exeggcute exists

That is literally the most uninspired pokemon design ever.

As for my rankings: Gen 5, Gen 1/Gen 3 are tied for second, Gen 2, Gen 4. uwu

That's going off of pokemon designs. I can't rank them on gameplay since I haven't played a gen 1 or 2 or 4 game. ;u;

I think I'm very relaxed about pokemon designs. There's literally none I actually hate, besides a few small design changes I'd like on some.

Edited by Switch

Yes, that is true. Man, I hate Firestar.....but oh well. And I love gen 3! It's pretty awesome. And Lol I hate so many pokemon....but I also love even more.

Switch, that is exactly how I feel.

May rankings are-

Gen 3 and 4 tied for first

Gen 5

Gen 1 and 2 tied for bottom

I think 6 will probably be sandwiched in the middle somewhere.

Mmmmmm.....I could go for a sandwich. Am I the only one who thinks that instead of having B2/W2 they should've had Gray Version?

But another thing that I feel is going downhill a bit are legendaries. I'm not too crazy about gen. 1 legendaries myself; Mewtwo is like Freiza; small but hugely powerful. I like biiig, though legendaries, like Dialga, Palkia, GIRATINA (Giratina is my #1 fave pokemon), Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, etc. What I do love about X/Y is that the legendaries are way better than gen. 5's in my opinion. Am I the only one who think yvetol looks like a red flamingo wyvern?

Oh god that's exactly what he looks like °o°

And I totally agree on the Gray thing. I prefer Yvaltal, mostly because we already had Virizion, and because he's AWESOME. But I did like the gen 5 legens. I thought it was a neat concept.

People say that Mewtwo is Freiza's final form, and awakened mewtwo is Freiza's second, big-headed form. He really does look like Freiza. I was dissapointed with Freiza's death. Goku had this huge battle with him, cut him in half, but he's fine. Then Mr. Futerman Trunks comes along and takes three seconds to dice him up with a samouri sword.

Wait a second, do you think this gens mascots will get megas? *shudders just thinking about Yveltal's mega*

I don't know...I'd say it's highly possible.

Okay, you have to admit this is weird:

There's a sheep. It evolves into a bigger sheep. Bigger sheep evolves into a giraffe (I'm sorry, I think ampharos looks like a giraffe. I know, I'm crazy.), giraffe suddenly mega-evolves into a Dragon with a bunch of its sheep wool back........???