7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

No random shinies in Y. {Or Horde battles either, for that matter.} Fishing chain, I've gotten 4 though. And one that was WonderTraded to me.

I've gotten I think 2 randoms in X, one of which was an Eevee. And that was the first wild Eevee I came across too. Then, a ton of horde shinies. And a handful of fishing chains.

No random shinies in Y.  {Or Horde battles either, for that matter.}  Fishing chain, I've gotten 4 though.  And one that was WonderTraded to me.

I've gotten I think 2 randoms in X, one of which was an Eevee.  And that was the first wild Eevee I came across too.  Then, a ton of horde shinies.  And a handful of fishing chains.

I've been kinda lucky when it comes to shines in my Y. Hatched a shiny Rotom, Fletchling, and Ferroseed, (all in the attempt for a competetive Pokemon, all three missing one crucial iv :[ ) found an Abra (and caught it), and traded for at least 70 on GTS (bringing my current total to around 150 shiny pokemon, all legit tongue.gif). However, chain fishing is the bane of my existance. I got up to 112 chain, and no shiny!

Edited by THe_SOn_Of_Mars

I've been kinda lucky when it comes to shines in my Y. Hatched a shiny Rotom, Fletchling, and Ferroseed, (all in the attempt for a competetive Pokemon, all three missing one crucial iv :[ ) found an Abra (and caught it), and traded for at least 70 on GTS (bringing my current total to around 150 shiny pokemon, all legit :P). However, chain fishing is the bane of my existance. I got up to 112 chain, and no shiny!

You're going to give me all of your shinies, right? XD

I fail at fishing in general, for some reason. I know I press it right on time but it still gets away or whatever. :P

Edited by edwardelricfreak

You really wouldn't know if the ones you traded for are legit or not, though =o=

Well recently I was doing some grinding for 'dex purposes in the Safari and BAM SHINY MODEST MAGICIAN BRAIXEN. I caught it and then I was just kinda like what just happened

You really wouldn't know if the ones you traded for are legit or not, though =o=

Well recently I was doing some grinding for 'dex purposes in the Safari and BAM SHINY MODEST MAGICIAN BRAIXEN. I caught it and then I was just kinda like what just happened

I have my ways.... xd.png

Nice catch, BTW!

My Shiny stats:

Random encounter: 2 (Trapinch, Ivysaur)

Horde: 1 (Psyduck)

Wonder Trade: 1 (Eevee)

TSV hatching: 11 (Nidoran f, Wooper, Noivern, Staryu, Growlithe, Swinub, Scatterbug, Gastly, Froakie x2, Vanillite) + 19 I hatched for other people, which don't count because they're not mine.

And three that I Powersaved for giggles: a Mawile and a pair of Fletchlings. They don't count because they were Powersaved.

And loads of trades. So many.

Oh dude that's AWESOME. Congratulations! biggrin.gif

My Shinies:

Random encounter: None yet

Horde: Scraggy- found in my second horde battle ever! He became a shiny Scrafty and he is kewlness. (Also I found a shiny Geodude, but his teammates killed him with Magnitude.)

Edit: And not twenty minutes after I post this, I found a shiny Weepinbell and KOed it by accident. Am feeling very very very peeved at myself.)

Traded: Seviper, Skarmory (two dream shinies achieved!!!), Torchic, Ditto, and Gliscor. (Funny story about the last one- I put up a normal Gliscor on the GTS, asking for a regular nicknamed Gliscor of roughly the same level, and instead someone just up and gives me a shiny. happy.gif Yeah, it was possibly not super legit, but still nice of them.)

(Almost managed to trade for a nicknamed shiny Aurorus the other day- all they wanted for him was a level 41-50 Squirtle, but someone else got to him first.)

Edited by Athkore

Does the friend safari count as random encounters? If so I've found all of mine so far in safaris, one from breeding and one from chaining

In all I only have about 24 shinies all legit though ^-^

I just went from 2-5 to 1-0 against the same guy twice (actually, the second time it was 1-5) OU vs. Meganium and M-Absol with two layers of Toxic Spikes. And my opponent was actually quite good, I just sent in my Absol on a Scarfed Exeggutor (whale, the second time he T-Waved Abby while she megad but shh) Got unlucky when his Weavile flinched me with Icicle Crash, but then that same Icicle Crash missed my lovely Meganium (I think Charles might have tanked it anyway, but I didn't do calcs)

Not bad for my first time battling competatively in several months. I wish I wasn't typing this on my 3DS so I could post replays *Is proud of herself*

Friend safaris have an increased chance of shiny encounters, I believe. All of my shinies come from there. My shiny Volcarona is pretty beastly at the Battle Maison. biggrin.gif

Yeah, research suggests 1:512 chance of finding a shiny in safari, I believe?

On the subject of battles:

Edited by Lythiaren

Yeah, research suggests 1:512 chance of finding a shiny in safari, I believe?

On the subject of battles:

I feel I should be outraged that one of the Pikachu clones pulled that off... but I am just way too impressed xd.png

I finally got a Lugia! Sure it's level five and has a name I can't understand, but it's a Lugia! Lugia is awesome!

I find that status effect are becoming more and more annoying to me. And I've become really unlucky with paralysis, getting paralyzed on all the important turns.

I finally got a Lugia! Sure it's level five and has a name I can't understand, but it's a Lugia! Lugia is awesome!

I find that status effect are becoming more and more annoying to me. And I've become really unlucky with paralysis, getting paralyzed on all the important turns.

My question is: HOW did you get one at level-five? Is there some way to do it without hacking that I don't know of?

I'm pretty sure some will agree with me: GTS is a total joke. Everyone wants level-1-through-ten legendaries/impossible-to-get-without-hacking legendaries for everything. Nintendo needs to not allow legendary trading with that if you ask me.

Edited by Myra the Sark

Probably some event, if it's allowed on the GTS.

I mean, a Shiny Darkrai passed the hack check for Poke Transfer, so...

Shiny Darkrai is possible, though; in Diamond, Pearl, and Platium, he could be caught in the wild after obtaining the Member's Pass through an event, which grants access to New Moon Island. There, he is obtainable as a shiny, as shiny locks did not yet exist. It is also possible to obtain him without the event through exploitation of a glitch called tweaking that allowed you to walk through a black Mystery Zone and reach New Moon Island without the event, allowing you to catch Darkrai.

There is still the issue of Shiny Jirachi not being transferable, despite being legitimately obtainable. *sobs*

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

I believe so, but I don't know for sure as I do not have one.

Edited by PieMaster

My question is: HOW did you get one at level-five? Is there some way to do it without hacking that I don't know of?

For Lugia and Ho-Oh, actually yes! You have to use the Pokemon Dream Radar and send them over to your BW2 game when you have no badges. They'll always have their Hidden Ability too.

There is still the issue of Shiny Jirachi not being transferable, despite being legitimately obtainable. *sobs*

Actually, it's now possible to transfer over a Shiny Jirachi thanks to the shiny Jirachi event in Japan. biggrin.gif I've already transferred over mine.

So the heracross/pinser megastone promotion at gamestop started yesterday (for the US at least)....

BUT. What the site didn't mention, is they're only giving the codes to people who pre-order ORAS.

Super-duper annoying. I never pre-order from gamestop unless it's a really nice physical pre-order reward. Otherwise I just get it via Amazon and not pay taxes (sure I have to wait on shipping, but it won't kill me to not have something day one).

So the heracross/pinser megastone promotion at gamestop started yesterday (for the US at least)....

BUT. What the site didn't mention, is they're only giving the codes to people who pre-order ORAS.

Super-duper annoying. I never pre-order from gamestop unless it's a really nice physical pre-order reward. Otherwise I just get it via Amazon and not pay taxes (sure I have to wait on shipping, but it won't kill me to not have something day one).

Err... What are you talking about? You don't need to pre-order ORAS to get it. My internet friend went to his local Gamestop store and they just gave him and all his friends the Mega stone code for free. He even gave me one since one of his friends doesn't play Pokemon.

He had to ask the staff about the code though since there was no indication of the event in his local gamestop. But yeah, the official site never said anything about the code being a pre-order bonus and the code definitly isn't. I guess it just depends on how chill the staff at your local Gamestop is. :/

I heard that some stores are breaking the rules and forcing you to pre-order. The event is to get people in the stores to make them more likely to pre-order, but some employees are flat-out refusing to give a code without pre-ordering, which is completely ridiculous.

Guess you'll just have to go to a different Gamestop store if you want the Mega stone that badly. Or make a Canadian Pokemon Trainer Club account and opt for their newsletter.