7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

So I'm working on those spewpas, and I accidentally let one evolve... it turns out my vivillons are polar instead of high plains.

??????????? o_o

There are certain event-only legendaries that aren't needed for the National Dex to be considered "complete"

But otherwise, yes.

Thank you. Look like I never going to get pokedex complete. I only start playing with gen 5 and I did not wift than too. And nintendo has close down wift for gen 5 too. So I can't bring them over to gen 6. I could with pokemon bank but I am not play $5 for it.

What? You need the "Pokemon Transfer" app or whatever, but I didn't think that needed to use wi-fi. Does it? o3o I haven't used it yet so I don't know.

What's with me and growing Oran berries? I have almost 200 and I'm planting more. xd.png

Also, ranger, I cannot thank you enough! : D

The berry fields are gonna be annoying for taking care of now... So many berries...

What? You need the "Pokemon Transfer" app or whatever, but I didn't think that needed to use wi-fi. Does it? o3o I haven't used it yet so I don't know.

You need wi-fi to get onto pokemon bank and pokemon transfer, yes. Since all your pokemon actually go onto some huge online server and are stored in your account.

I personally feel it was unnecessary for them to do this (what was wrong with the transfer systems in gen 4 & 5?) though, since, well....I don't really feel comfortable sending my (usually really valuable pokemon, like shiny legends I caught in my gen 4 games) pokemon to a server that could encounter problems like all servers get at times. Crashing, resetting or getting infiltrated by a malicious source and getting a lot of 'mons wiped.

Oh, that's right. I knew it was needed for Pokemon Bank, but not for Transfer.

Isn't there a regular transfer thing though? Yeah, Pokemon Transfer can use any 5th gen game but I thought there was another transfer method.

Perhaps one of the Spewpas was from a different game? :P

Nope, I caught these myself. XD

what was wrong with the transfer systems in gen 4 & 5?

I much prefer Pokemon Bank, since cloud storage systems are designed such that the data is stored on redundant servers with multiple backups in assorted geographical locations to prevent catastrophic data loss. I'd bet money that people have tried breaking into and messing with, say, Dropbox and Google Drive. Same concept, different files.

I personally found previous transfer-up systems to be godawful and I never want to see another pokeball crossbow ever again. Plus with PokeTransporter you can move up entire boxes of Pokemon at a time in moments instead of being subjected to an unintuitive, time-consuming minigame to transfer... up to five at a time, was it? Six, maybe? Minigames are great for transferring small amounts of stuff. They're a horrible chore when you have an entire Pokedex to move.

Edited by Lythiaren

I like being able to move a whole box at once but dislike needing a subscription to do so.

I personally found previous transfer-up systems to be godawful and I never want to see another pokeball crossbow ever again. Plus with PokeTransporter you can move up entire boxes of Pokemon at a time in moments instead of being subjected to an unintuitive, time-consuming minigame to transfer... up to five at a time, was it? Minigames are great for transferring small amounts of stuff. They're a horrible chore when you have an entire Pokedex to move.

I'll have to admit, I did hate the pokeball crossbow transfer, though it didn't need internet like poke transfer/bank does. I can't connect to the bank server at all (i've only managed to successfully connect to the server on one day when it was non peak-hour) most times I try, and it's tedious work to sit there and wait for it to connect.

Speaking of full-box transfers, who else wants a 'release all' option for boxes? It'd be a godsend for shiny breeders that release after hatching.

So how would I get the miss pokemon I am miss? Like I miss most of the event. I do not have good pokemon to trade at all. But I am wonder with remake of the 3 gen when it come out could you Transfer pokemon from remake 3gem into gen 6?

So how would I get the miss pokemon I am miss? Like I miss most of the event. I do not have good pokemon to trade at all. But I am wonder with remake of the 3 gen when it come out could you Transfer pokemon from remake 3gem into gen 6?

You can try breeding and/or training Pokemon and posting those on GTS for valuable things. Elgyem is great for trades, too, so if you can get your hands on one of those (maybe by offering something you've trained/bred!), breed it and drop the offspring into the GTS for what you need.

Also, other forums. GameFAQs is great for finding dex fills and event pokemon, as long as you don't mind clones. Otherwise, Reddit is also a good place to find trades.

So I need some items from the Battle Maison. I came up with a good strategy that hopefully gets me what I need.

I'm going to take it on in Singles, and for my three Pokemon, I'll be bringing a Scolipede, Chandelure, and Kangaskhan.

Scolipede has Speed Boost and knows Protect, Iron Defense, Swords Dance, and Baton Pass.

Kangaskhan has Scrappy, Kangaskhanite, and 4 attacking moves, including Return.

Chandelure is filler but can benefit from speed passes I guess.

Wish me luck!

Lyth suggested some good things to do, and there are some people out there who do have a complete pokedex and are willing to help others for 'free' basically. I'm happy to help anyone out with pokedex woes.

But yes, when ORAS comes out you will be able to just simply trade pokemon from X/Y to OR/AS and back again.

Scolipede has Speed Boost and knows Protect, Iron Defense, Swords Dance, and Baton Pass.

Be careful when using that set in the battle maison. Swords Dance & Baton Pass is good for set up along with speed boost, but remember that Scolipede doesn't have a particularly pretty special defense if you throw in Iron Defense. The battle maison in X/Y has a very (and I mean VERY smart) AI and a lot of the pokemon they use in there have special tricks up their sleeve. My Scolipede commonly gets burnt to a crisp if I use one wrong move.

Edited by Tazzay

So I need some items from the Battle Maison. I came up with a good strategy that hopefully gets me what I need.

I'm going to take it on in Singles, and for my three Pokemon, I'll be bringing a Scolipede, Chandelure, and Kangaskhan.

Kangaskhan has Scrappy, Kangaskhanite, and 4 attacking moves, including Return.

Chandelure is filler but can benefit from speed passes I guess.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! And remember that the AI will try to counter your team. So if your team has troubles with a certain Pokemon, expect the AI to spam that Pokemon.

I could also get some of those items for you if you'd like. I spend way too much time in super singles that my BPs all maxed out now. xd.png

Ooh, I've also got almost 300 unused BP. Ask for items anytime ;3

Do you have Power-up Punch on Kanga? Mega Kanga gets the atk boost twice.

EDIT2: Well, I'm close to having all the starters! The ones I'm missing:

Mudkip

Bulbasaur

Turtwig

Piplup

Tepig

(Yeah, I know you posted this on the other page, but whatever. xd.png)

I could give you a Mudkip and Piplup, I have both.

imo it doesn't make sense to need to play a mini game to transfer Pokemon. They're already in the game now. While the transfer from 3 to 4 wasn't bad, 4 to 5 seemed dumb. :\

Speaking of full-box transfers, who else wants a 'release all' option for boxes? It'd be a godsend for shiny breeders that release after hatching.

Mass Wonder Trading would be nice too owo (Though I expect that would be far too taxing on the servers, still a nice thought)

Oh, if you guys can help with BP items that'd be even better. I need an Upgrade and Dubious Disc, specifically.

I can provide either/both along with 3IV Timid Larvesta/Modest Swirlix (I HAVE SO MANY PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF THEM). I'm going to sleep really soon though so if you want the thing PM me we can figure stuff out uvu

Have you considered other options for the evo items as well? I've been spending my Pokemiles over on Global Link and I've gotten a King's Rock, Reaper Cloth Magmarizer, Prism Scale, and a handful of evo stones out of it myself. I know Dubious Disc and Upgrade are also in there, sooooo...

Plus the minigames are super easy and rewards aren't even related to your score. Scoring in the balloon popping one is actually programmed to be completely unrelated to how well you do in the game itself, even. Flail around in the minigames for a few rounds, collect stuff. Even some BP items, like the Power items for EV training. Also, Lucky Eggs! :P

Edited by Lythiaren

You need wi-fi to get onto pokemon bank and pokemon transfer, yes. Since all your pokemon actually go onto some huge online server and are stored in your account.

I personally feel it was unnecessary for them to do this (what was wrong with the transfer systems in gen 4 & 5?) though, since, well....I don't really feel comfortable sending my (usually really valuable pokemon, like shiny legends I caught in my gen 4 games) pokemon to a server that could encounter problems like all servers get at times. Crashing, resetting or getting infiltrated by a malicious source and getting a lot of 'mons wiped.

It was impossible to use that kind of transfer system. The 3DS and the DS can't communicate in that way, so they had to come up with something else. For a while there, it was looking like we might not get transferring at all. This is the only way they could make it work.

I did it /sobs brokenly

It took the majority of my day, but I finally got my HA/5IV Torchic with a proper nature (I may attempt a 6IV at some point, but this one was hard enough)

Now to get the rest of the mons I want...

Edited by Dr. Paine