7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Well I just got flattened by a Serperior with Contrary + spamming Leaf Storm. What i'm wondering is....

How in the world did they get a Contrary Serperior? They haven't been officially released yet.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/acces...aves-pro/113851 No idea

So on this Lucario I'd be better off going with Steadfast since it more than likely wont be my mega unless I decide to use it from time to time?

It depends on if you're running special or physical. Special can't use Justified, since that boosts attack, so Steadfast is the way to go there. Otherwise Justified is usually the best option

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Well I just got flattened by a Serperior with Contrary + spamming Leaf Storm. What i'm wondering is....

How in the world did they get a Contrary Serperior? They haven't been officially released yet.

Hacked in probably. None of it's evolutionary line can be found in a friend safari, you can't breed for a hidden ability without already having it, and there haven't been any events for Unova starters with their hidden abilities.

Like sailing101 said, its probably gen'd or hacked from gen5.

Pokebank can barely detect hacks unless their blatantly obvious, this was established on the Japanese release day when AR Pokemon and illegal Pokemon like female Iron Fist Chimchars started spreading around.

Thats reminds me... I experimented myself a few times when Pokebank was first released in Japan, the only things that were flagged as hacked was a event Pikachu with Surf (I did manage to get a few with Fly through though) and a Shiny Jirachi from the colosseum bonus disc, both of which are technically legal, while actual illegal and hacked Pokemon I picked from Pokecheck made it through with no problems.

I guess Pokebank mainly sees illegal moves and shiny lock as a red flag.

Edited by suskekun222

Like sailing101 said, its probably gen'd or hacked from gen5.

Pokebank can barely detect hacks unless their blatantly obvious, this was established on the Japanese release day when AR Pokemon and illegal Pokemon like female Iron Fist Chimchars started spreading around.

Thats reminds me... I experimented myself a few times when Pokebank was first released in Japan, the only things that were flagged as hacked was a event Pikachu with Surf (I did manage to get a few with Fly through though) and a Shiny Jirachi from the colosseum bonus disc, both of which are technically legal, while actual illegal and hacked Pokemon I picked from Pokecheck made it through with no problems.

I guess Pokebank mainly sees illegal moves and shiny lock as a red flag.

Err... Iron fist Chimchar can make it through bank because it WAS released before. As for the female iron fist Chimchars, it's possible they were bred after transferring the HA Infernape to gen 6. Also, there is NO legit way to get a surf Pikachu in Gen 5 since you can't transfer it from gen 4 due to you needing to delete HM moves before transferring and the lack of a surf Pikachu event in gen 5. You can also now transfer a shiny Wishmkr Jirachi through the Pokebank thanks to the recent shiny Jirachi event.

Now, as for Contrary Serperior, there is no way for it to make it through bank because it has never been released before and therefore, it is considered an illegal Pokemon right now. Pokebank is a legality checker so that means illegal pokemon won't be able to make it through bank. Therefore, the only way to get a contrary Serperior in gen 6 is to hack it in with a save editor.

Err... Iron fist Chimchar can make it through bank because it WAS released before. As for the female iron fist Chimchars, it's possible they were bred after transferring the HA Infernape to gen 6. Also, there is NO legit way to get a surf Pikachu in Gen 5 since you can't transfer it from gen 4 due to you needing to delete HM moves before transferring and the lack of a surf Pikachu event in gen 5. You can also now transfer a shiny Wishmkr Jirachi through the Pokebank thanks to the recent shiny Jirachi event.

Now, as for Contrary Serperior, there is no way for it to make it through bank because it has never been released before and therefore, it is considered an illegal Pokemon right now. Pokebank is a legality checker so that means illegal pokemon won't be able to make it through bank. Therefore, the only way to get a contrary Serperior in gen 6 is to hack it in with a save editor.

Iron fist making through Pokebank or not was never really point I was making... It was just an example, even though it has been released officially Pokebank still let many other Pokemon that WEREN'T released through.

Iron Fist did have an event, I know that, but the event only distributed MALE chimchars. Chimchar and many other starters were distributed via Dream World with their HAs too, but they were all permanently male.

In gen5 and gen6 theres no way of breeding HAs onto the offspring unless the FEMALE has the HA, any Kalos bred Iron Fist Chimchars came from an originally gen'd female Iron Fist Chimchar/Infernape that came from Pokebank.

And to your later point about Contrary Serperior, no, it CAN most definitely make it through. I got Pokebank since the Japanese release day on my Japanese 3DS and helped another forum with their questions about the legitimacy checker, MANY hacks were able to pass through.

Pokebanks legality checker is by far the least impressive I've seen ever, if it really wants to filter illegal and hacked Pokemon out it should at the very least have the ability to scan for correct PIDs. Most geners don't bother putting in correct commands for their trash bytes and end up with a hacked coding that most legitimacy checkers should easily be able to weed out. And even if geners don't gen their hacks properly loads of Action Replay'd Pokemon already made it through bank.

Edited by suskekun222

Actually, in gen 6 male Pokemon can pass on HAs by breeding with Ditto. I've stuck a male HA Treecko and Ditto in the daycare and gotten HA Treecko.

Actually, in gen 6 male Pokemon can pass on HAs by breeding with Ditto. I've stuck a male HA Treecko and Ditto in the daycare and gotten HA Treecko.

Ah, really?

I always done my competitive breeding with females and release the males so I never tried using a male and ditto, I rarely use ditto anyways.

The odds of a male passing down the HA is around 20% in contrast to a females 50% so I guess I wouldn't have known anyways without someone telling me. >~<

I just assumed HA inheritance in IV was the same as in V.

Edited by suskekun222

Iron fist making through Pokebank or not was never really point I was making... It was just an example, even though it has been released officially Pokebank still let many other Pokemon that WEREN'T released through.

Iron Fist did have an event, I know that, but the event only distributed MALE chimchars. Chimchar and many other starters were distributed via Dream World with their HAs too, but they were all permanently male. 

In gen5 and gen6 theres no way of breeding HAs onto the offspring unless the FEMALE has the HA, any Kalos bred Iron Fist Chimchars came from an originally gen'd female Iron Fist Chimchar/Infernape that came from Pokebank.

And to your later point about Contrary Serperior, no, it CAN most definitely make it through. I got Pokebank since the Japanese release day on my Japanese 3DS and helped another forum with their questions about the legitimacy checker, MANY hacks were able to pass through.

Pokebanks legality checker is by far the least impressive I've seen ever, if it really wants to filter illegal and hacked Pokemon out it should at the very least have the ability to scan for correct PIDs. Most geners don't bother putting in correct commands for their trash bytes and end up with a hacked coding that most legitimacy checkers should easily be able to weed out. And even if geners don't gen their hacks properly loads of Action Replay'd Pokemon already made it through bank.

Males CAN pass on their HAs in gen 6 and that's what I meant when I said they could have just bred the HA Infernape that came through Pokebank.

And as for HA Snivy, it seems it was able to pass through Pokebank when it was first released but Pokebank has now been patched and I can confirm that it is no longer able to pass through Pokebank. Anyway, like I said before, Pokebank is a legality checker, not a legitimacy checker. As long as your hacked Pokemon isn't illegal like a wonder guard spiritomb for example, it'll make it through even though it's hacked.

Does anyone have a Telepathy Timid Kirlia they'd be willing to trade? Need one by today if you have one.

I have a Ralts, it has Trace, though. I'm not sure what gender it is, but if you have a Ditto you could trade me, I could try and breed one for you.

Does anyone have a Friend Safari with Riolu in it (without Machoke or Sawk)? I still need one and even tried making a post on Tumblr and no replies at all.

Not me. I'm a Grass Safari. Not that I'm adding people anyway. I think I'm fairly full up, if I'm not completely full.

Not me. I'm a Grass Safari. Not that I'm adding people anyway. I think I'm fairly full up, if I'm not completely full.

Okay. I have a ask in on someones Tumblr who has Riolu so just now to wait for them to show up and reply if they will.

Make sure to SR for the Hidden Ability! Also, a female if you want to breed HA Super Sizes.

If this Pumpkaboo can be female, then it is incredibly elusive. I've done over 100 sr's already and they're all male :I

Make sure to SR for the Hidden Ability! Also, a female if you want to breed HA Super Sizes.

I dunno if I really care about having Insomnia, though. IMO I'd rather have Frisk, though even that's not super useful. I guess Insomnia is okay, but something like Guts that takes *advantage* of the status seems more useful. :U

If this Pumpkaboo can be female, then it is incredibly elusive. I've done over 100 sr's already and they're all male :I

I can confirm female Pumpkaboo, my brother got one on his first try. (If it makes any difference, I reset several times and got all males on X, he plays Y)

So it seems all X players get males and all Y players get females. That's dumb :I

Anyone want to trade Pumpkaboos? Only requirements is that it's a female Spooky2014 with Insomnia. My male has Insomnia and Adamant nature.

Actually, you don't need to get a female in order to breed HA supersize Pumpkaboos. If you breed your male HA Pumpkaboo with a Ditto, it will pass down its size to its kids. smile.gif

Actually, you don't need to get a female in order to breed HA supersize Pumpkaboos. If you breed your male HA Pumpkaboo with a Ditto, it will pass down its size to its kids. smile.gif

I'm not looking for a female for that reason - I want to breed down the cherish ball mainly. The HA would just be there because HA are good to have.

I'm not looking for a female for that reason - I want to breed down the cherish ball mainly. The HA would just be there because HA are good to have.

You can't pass down cherish balls unfortunately... I've tried breeding my female event heracross and the offspring came in a Pokeball.

So it seems all X players get males and all Y players get females. That's dumb :I

Anyone want to trade Pumpkaboos? Only requirements is that it's a female Spooky2014 with Insomnia. My male has Insomnia and Adamant nature.

Sadly, I have X so I doubt I can get a female, if that's the case. :\

That's kind of...really dumb for them to do, honestly, though. D:

Edited by edwardelricfreak