7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

...I'm still shiniless. After playing through Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, and X, I haven't encountered one legit shiny. Except the Lake of Rage Gyarados, of course. I really should see all the 'mons in the B2W2 Unova dex and get the shiny Haxorus sometime soon, though. Still, I don;t get how you did that. Congrats xd.png

Well, no one runs into a million Shinies without hunting for them. Especially since there are so many ways of getting a lower rate now.

Finally successfuly found a ditto safari. IV BREEDING HERE I COME!!!

PS A bit of advice I didnt know, but you might have: Ditto seems to copy the capture rate of the Pokemon it transforms into, so I typicaly use Pokemon with low catch rate (vivillon) to catch Ditto then switch into a Pokemon that can hurt it easily

Edited by nicknick88

Well, no one runs into a million Shinies without hunting for them. Especially since there are so many ways of getting a lower rate now.

Not a million, just two

So close to having the Kalos pokedex complete. The last three I need only evolve through trading however.

Kalos dex is now complete. Thanks water_angel!

Edited by darkflowernightshade

Then you must hate me? The first Eevee I found there was a shiny. Male, so will NOT be evolved into Vaporeon. But I don't know which I want to evolve him into so he's sitting in my PC waiting.

Umbreon.

I'm working on evolving and obtaining the new pokemon, but my motivation level for doing any of that for pokemon I'll be transferring over is low... (but I'll probably be evolving anyway to pass time)

I also managed to infect my party with pokerus, but it hasn't gone away yet so every pokemon I've been evolving is getting infected. It's actually pretty nice in case I accidentally trade one of them away.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Not a million, just two

I wasn't responding to you. The person I was responding to was talking about another person who had encountered 7 shinnies in one day.

user posted image

GOTCHA

Right nature and everything c:

(The Friend Safari shiny rate really is ridiculous :V)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Friend Safari shiny rate isn't that good. I've been in there for a couple of weeks and have yet to find any.

You must be really unlucky

It seems to only take me a few hours at most of running back and forth in there (usually whilst multitasking with the sound up so I can hear the shiny sound effects when I find one so I don't run from it) most of the time

Or maybe I'm just really lucky :V

Yeah I have it in the background while watching TV or doing something on the PC (like posting on forums) ^^.

Maybe one day.

I wasn't responding to you. The person I was responding to was talking about another person who had encountered 7 shinnies in one day.

I didn't know I had said anything to reply to unsure.gif I was mostly bragging

(I feel like all the methods of making shinies easier to acquire are sort of cheaty for some reason *Shrugs*)

7 shinies in one day is ridiculously lucky!

I only have 5 shinies after 85 hours on my X, and two were gifted and two were from fish chaining.

You must be really unlucky

It seems to only take me a few hours at most of running back and forth in there (usually whilst multitasking with the sound up so I can hear the shiny sound effects when I find one so I don't run from it) most of the time

Or maybe I'm just really lucky :V

Yeah I must be. I've been in that safari from 4pm-10pm now and nothing :c

Shinies aren't everything though.

I haven't found a shiny since Spinda. But then again I'm not trying right now. Mostly completing the dex.

I haven't found a shiny since Spinda. But then again I'm not trying right now. Mostly completing the dex.

I think i'm going to start doing that (completing the dex) once I beat the Elite Four. Right now i'm just working on my team.

Edited by MysticTiger

Ok, now that I beat the Elite Four (which was easy to be honest), I'm off to start IV breeding even though I don't know much about it! I want to try out that Battle Maison thing before going online. That way I can get the hang of EV training in this game.

Anyway, I'm kind of lacking in Friend Safaris AND I don't know what type is mine. So... Who's up for helping me and adding some variety to my Friend Safari list? biggrin.gif

My Friend Code is: 5429-6806-4995

PM me or post your FC so I can add you back!

2809-7527-5050

My Friend Safari is Bug-Type, which coincidentally is also my favorite type. c:

(Also yours is Water-Type and has Floatzel, Octillery, and Azumarill)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Ha

That's why I don't risk hitting anything important |D

(Unless I have my HM slave Farfetch'd with me, it has False Swipe :B)

Edited by Pika_Oi

My level 99 marowak knows false swipe and he's always in my party so I never have to worry about that lol.

[i know that's a waste of a move for a pokemon that powerful but I don't care at this point. At least I can get almost any pokemon I want down to low HP with one hit?]

I think anyone who knows, should post how many eggs it took them to find a shiny Pokemon using any method. Just to give others a good idea of how many it takes.

Using the Masuda method I got an adorable black Fennekin after 378 eggs.

I got my shiny Espurr after only around 30 eggs, but it took me at least over 200 to get my shiny Spinarak. :B

It definitely took me less than 40 encounters with fish chaining to get my shiny Horsea. I wasn't counting but I feel like that's a good estimate.

Running around in the Friend Safari has taken me anywhere from the first encounter in the respective Safari I'm in to several hours of running back and forth.

I've never successfully made a Poke Radar chain. :L