7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Anyone else know why a Pokemon would suddenly stop wanting to evolve? I have a Tyrunt who I was stopping from Evolving until he learned his last move at 49... And now he's level 55 and not once has he tried to evolve past his last time at 48. Did I break it? He's holding a Soft Sand and that's it.

I just realized there's a time-lock on Evolutions now. I had no idea.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't. Remember that Tyrunt only evolves during the day time.

Have you guys heard of the Instacheck thing? Basically, each trainer has a shiny value, and each egg has a shiny value, and you only hatch a shiny if the two values match.

There's a program you can use to check your eggs' shiny values too. I got a shiny by finding someone with a matching shiny value to one of my eggs and having them hatch it and trade it back. Shiny Trevenant, woo~

As far as I'm aware, there isn't. Remember that Tyrunt only evolves during the day time.

That's what I meant. A time-lock, as in a lock during some times of the day. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. >_<

@Crocodile:

I've heard something like that, but i've heard you have to hack a game to figure out your 'code'.

Edited by MysticTiger

@Crocodile:

I've heard something like that, but i've heard you have to hack a game to figure out your 'code'.

Nah, you just have to make your own hotspot and connect your 3DS to it.

Yeah, I can say the shiny hatching thing absolutely works. I got a shiny Volcarona, Lanturn, and my friend gave me a Noibat because she got like 5. No hacking required, and I even hatched a Honedge and Noibat for some other people and gave them back~

If you combine it with breeding for proper natures and abilities and IVs, you can pretty easily get a flawless shiny.

I just wiped this person's team with a Bisharp after they took out 5 of my Pokemon

Reason #1 why I like Bisharp: IT IS A BEAST

Dude.

You haven't met my team. I wipe bisharps.

Edited by Ashywolf

I really hate it when people ask you to trade or battle and after you reject them they repeatedly send you the same request to trade/battle over and over and over. One person didn't quit until I signed off the internet. Now I have it so only friends can send me requests like that.

I don't want to trade and I don't want to battle. I'm busy trying to find a shiny ninetales. I have nothing good to trade and my team is random pokemon the game gave me like charizard or wild catches like flametalon. I really don't feel like battling a team of crazy 6iv pokemon with my team of random pokemon that I just like to pet in pokemonamie. (rufflet you are just too cute I will never let you evolve <3)

I really hate it when people ask you to trade or battle and after you reject them they repeatedly send you the same request to trade/battle over and over and over. One person didn't quit until I signed off the internet. Now I have it so only friends can send me requests like that.

I don't want to trade and I don't want to battle. I'm busy trying to find a shiny ninetales. I have nothing good to trade and my team is random pokemon the game gave me like charizard or wild catches like flametalon. I really don't feel like battling a team of crazy 6iv pokemon with my team of random pokemon that I just like to pet in pokemonamie. (rufflet you are just too cute I will never let you evolve <3)

Rufffffletttttt

I like its evolution too though.

I just turn my wifi off with the switch on the side if people keep asking.

Edited by Ashywolf

Wow. This weekend I've gotten a shiny Phantump and shiny Helioptile, I have a shiny Tyrunt waiting, and now I'm breeding Mawile eggs. Instacheck is great.

I'm still waiting for Pokémon transfer so I can send over the Snivy I bred to have on my team before continuing with the game.

Eh. To me Shinies aren't worth anything if you don't obtain them yourself, and I feel like Instacheck falls into that since you wouldn't have it if you didn't trade.

To me they aren't worth much if you use the Masuda method or chaining. It feels like taking away some of the special rareness from them (But I must have my pink Sneasel, so I will continue with these chains until I get it!)

To me those methods are still okay because they take significant effort. You still have to work at it, and that goes for the Shiny Charm as well.

I only have three shinies, not counting the Gyarados in Lake of Rage or the shiny event legendaries: Spoink (from chaining in Diamond), Numel and Spinda (both random encounters in Emerald). I accidentally KO'd a shiny Corsola in Crystal all those years ago.

Tbh, I'm too lazy to try anything else besides random encounters and chaining. |D I've only tried breeding once (non-Masuda)...gave up rather quickly. >.> I do plan on continuing, though.

I actually like chaining. It's like...a long trial with an (almost) guaranteed reward at the end. Plus I kinda like the suspense of waiting to see if your chain broke or not when you encounter the next Pokemon. I'm not the best at chaining (and I honestly can't even remember how to do it), but I still enjoy it. I'll definitely be chaining again once I get a copy of the game.

To me those methods are still okay because they take significant effort. You still have to work at it, and that goes for the Shiny Charm as well.

Shiny Charm is okay to me. Though not because of the work required.

But the others just seem like cheating (I'm still gonna chain for this Sneasel, hour ten starts tomorrow afternoon!), I don't feel like shinies should be a symbol of being good at the game. That's what well trained level 100s are for. But with all these technical methods, it's the people who are good at said methods and have the time for them who get the shinies. And I'm also sort of upset at the continued easing of the process for getting shinies. They're not really worth all that much in X/Y

I shall always be more proud of my Ariados which I randomly got while doing other things, than I will this Sneasel who's already taken ten hours and will probubbly take ten more

But I guess my main point is that you may see someone else' way as worthless, but some might see your way as worthless

And to TPAM

Yeah, chaining is fun. I've ragequit a few times because I can't seem to get the starting Sneasel, and I'm still slowly extending my streaks as I get better, but I'm halfway there

I'm tempted to try to Masuda some eggs at the same time as working on my chains. But I think going back and forth between Solaceon and Lake Acuity would be too much work. Especially with how slow surfing is in Pearl

I just like how shiny ninetales look. That's it. I really don't care how I get it, it doesn't take the specialness out of it because it isn't special, it just looks better to me.

It does look pretty neat. And there's still something special about it either way. But it does feel less nice to me if I got it through what feels like cheating (Or actual cheating,I don't even touch my shiny Meloetta anymore. It was cool for five minutes)

That's what I meant. A time-lock, as in a lock during some times of the day. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. >_<

Ah, I thought you meant that after leveling it too high, it can't evolve xd.png My fault, lol. Luckily, you can just change the time on your 3DS.

So, I've distributed a bunch of Bagons by Wonder Trading... I got some nice things while doing so, such as a Squirtle and not one but THREE FOUR Froakies. (none of which were Protean though). And at the time of writing this, I received a Pumpkaboo which evolved into (Super-size?) Gourgeist.

I won't lie, Wonder Trading sure is fun.

Edited by MetalDragon

Hatching for a shiny Phantump still no shiny going on 510 eggs, but I heard about a guy 9248 eggs still no shiny so until I get to 1346 I should not be complaining.

I did some math and apparently using Masuda method now gives you a 1/683 chance of getting a shiny based on if it still multiplies your chance of getting a shiny by 6. The odds normally were previously 1/8192 and they were halved (1/4096) according to serebii. Multiply that chance by 6 (masuda method gen 5) and that is about 1/683. Now this is assuming Masuda method still multiplies our chances by 6. But I doubt they lowered it again or raised it considering shiny chances are already so high using Masuda method. So basically the shiny rate is ridiculously high this gen!!

Edited by nicknick88

I just like how shiny ninetales look. That's it. I really don't care how I get it, it doesn't take the specialness out of it because it isn't special, it just looks better to me.

Yeah I'm tempted to get one, though I refused one in Black 2 cause I preferred the original. I still have it cause I got 2 vulpix shinies from Platinum chaining but its not on my team.

Edited by Ashywolf

POKÉMON X, Y U ONLY ALLOW FOR 1 MEGA SLOT IN TEAM?

I'm torn between choosing Mega Blastoise, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Mawile for my team's Mega. Blastoise looks like a great offensive spinner (and has Dark Pulse to destroy spin-blockers) and I think he pairs well with Gliscor or something like that. Mega Kangaskhan and her ability to attack twice is so fun. And Mega Mawile's absurd attack is just beautiful, plus she makes a great partner for Salamence. Meh... I might just make three teams and use the three of them.

And... Whoa, everyone here wants a shiny... I remember I found my shiny Goomy while I was grinding my team. I saw it and was like "Hey that's not Goomy's usual colors- sparkles? OMFG SHINY!!!111". I'd use it, but it's Adamant.

This Goomy is probably the 2nd shiny I've ever found. I remember I found a shiny Growlithe or Houndoom in Gold once, but I don't remember catching it. It probably roared me away.

It's not a bad nature in general, just on certain Pokemon. It actually isn't TOO bad on Goodra, but it does have better Special Attack than Attack. It's not like its physical movepool is shallow, though. :B

(In any case though a nature boosting Special Defense would probably be preferable on it though :V)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Yeah, what Pika_Oi said. I don't hate Adamant, in fact, I love it on Pokémon such as Metagross and Tyranitar. Adamant lowers the Pokémon's special attack to raise its attack. But now that you mentioned it, maybe a physical set for Goodra could be viable? Hmm, I don't know...