TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

This is to everyone.

Just want to wish everyone a fabulous Christmas and a safe trip into the new year. Hope y'all didn't stuff up too much on all the goodies your family cooked this holiday season. Enjoy every single second of being with your family. After all, it is the thought that counts.

I know this is a message for a day nearly over (twelve more minutes til it's midnight on the 26th for me), but I still wanted to give my condolences.

I am quite proud of how the holiday events went this year. Stumbling into the kitchen to discover new recipes, come into Christmas Day to decorate a lovely Gingerbread house, new holidays eggs.

I also want to thank DustyPinkDragon for her contribution in gifting me my first Holly this year. I likely won't get another one but even if so, I am so happy to get mine. If there was a way to give you a huge hug through my computer monitor, I would. smile.gif

Anyway, hope everyone has enjoyed the wonderful holiday and don't forget to watch Poseidon by New Year's. biggrin.gif

After much more fiddling, I think my gingerbread house has turned whacko--Link.

Should I remove the bushes in front on the house? I think it's making things tackier. :/

Y loved eating the bushes of your house.

Mine is quite simple. I'm thinking of starting a new one. More candies and sweet stuff. wink.gif

I'm so happy! I've taken my Holly at last. laugh.gif

So cute the eggs this year.

Thanks to the artists that created. ^^

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/xxBurningxx

Made a few, very slight changes, and now I think I'm gonna call it quits. What a lovely first DC Christmas! Thanks TJ, and all the spirters/staff that helped make this event happen! I even snagged my first Holly with a beautifully messy lineage~

I had fun. Thank you for that.

Y loved eating the bushes of your house.

Mine is quite simple. I'm thinking of starting a new one. More candies and sweet stuff. wink.gif

I'm so happy! I've taken my Holly at last. laugh.gif

So cute the eggs this year.

Thanks to the artists that created. ^^

I love the fact you managed to make drapes on the windows. (Or am I seeing things? hehe)

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/xxBurningxx

Made a few, very slight changes, and now I think I'm gonna call it quits. What a lovely first DC Christmas! Thanks TJ, and all the spirters/staff that helped make this event happen! I even snagged my first Holly with a beautifully messy lineage~

I had fun. Thank you for that.

I love that willow tree! Very creative, to make that.

I love that willow tree! Very creative, to make that.

Haha, thank you~ I'm glad you could figure out what type of tree it was (I was concerned it just looked like a crazy tangled mess of vines... xd.png)

Merry Christmas y'all!

Couldn't grab another Holly, but that's no biggie, I can try again next year :3 Just want to say good luck to everyone who entered the raffle (that's pretty much everybody xd.png) and can't wait to see what kind of dragons these eggs hatch into :3

Ohh Wow, ohh Wow. I am loving all the beautiful, creative, fun and sometimes silly houses. I didn't keep names in minds but three that come to mind that I could describe without any confusion are Santa in the Chimney, The pink female Dragon and the Holly Dragon ... Wonderful.

I still don't know if my son is going to decorate my house for me, but when I was talking to my cousin she asked me to decorate hers. This is what I came up with. I am amazed at those of you with the perfectly layered candies. I tried for a more layered look on the roof and I kept accidentally grabbing something and bringing it to the top, then having to start the layers all over again. grrr

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/Dragoncuzz

Alright, it's been an hour and a bit since the holiday breeding ended, I think I'll give up on trying to get a Holly this year. Gets on my nerves that I saw so many but never caught one. xd.png Oh well, I got all the other dragons I've missed and managed to completely participate in this year's event!

Thank you all involved for the wonderful event, can't wait to hear if I won the raffle (which seems unlikely tongue.gif Too many people entered!).

Good night all~

Ohh Wow, ohh Wow. I am loving all the beautiful, creative, fun and sometimes silly houses. I didn't keep names in minds but three that come to mind that I could describe without any confusion are Santa in the Chimney, The pink female Dragon and the Holly Dragon ... Wonderful.

I still don't know if my son is going to decorate my house for me, but when I was talking to my cousin she asked me to decorate hers. This is what I came up with. I am amazed at those of you with the perfectly layered candies. I tried for a more layered look on the roof and I kept accidentally grabbing something and bringing it to the top, then having to start the layers all over again. grrr

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/Dragoncuzz

Layering candy shingles is sorta evil lol I messed mine up when I was trying to put the chimney on, so some are overlapping wrong >< Fighting some ocd to re-do the entire roof. xd.png

@ purplehaze - I couldn't resist and I took a peek at your house...I *love* that tree-on-the-right...it looks so amazing!

Thank you! I was rather pleased with that one, too. smile.gif

I love your red&black house. Loooks wonderfull.

Erithan, I tried to make drapes on the windows. *o*

I'm not sure if I got it. smile.gif

They look good. smile.gif

I'm starting to wish we had a list of all the houses that are done to look at. So many and so much variation!

They look good. smile.gif

I'm starting to wish we had a list of all the houses that are done to look at. So many and so much variation!

Perhaps a thread for people who want more input on their houses, as well. I've seen several people on here tonight, asking for advice, a thread for that would be cool too. wink.gif

@ fuzzyslippers - Don't be silly, yours is very well done and I quite like it. It makes me think of pink frosting and new beginnings. Besides, I feel that way about mine too.

Edited by Shalarean

Just more or less finished my gingerbread house, was pretty proud of it until I started lurking this thread, man you people are creative!!  laugh.gif

Here's mine...

Quite beautiful actually, I love the flower box!

edit:@Shalarean: wouldn't be a bad idea, though the thread would only be valid for as long as we can decorate.=/ Double edged sword sorta I guess.

and argh my hand hurts from shingling@.x

Edited by Erithan

Finally finished mine D': I spent so long on it..thinking that there was going to be a competition like last year's Christmas tree sad.gif

This is what mine looks like

@Shalarean

I was looking for a gingerbread thread, but everything has been locked because it's a "duplicate" of the news thread or something.

Just more or less finished my gingerbread house, was pretty proud of it until I started lurking this thread, man you people are creative!! laugh.gif

Here's mine...

It's so sweet. I love it. The flower box, quite a good idea. *o*

I asked this a while back but no one answered...

Can you play the minigame on a mobile device at all? Because it won't work on my iPad and there is no way I'm doing it on the family computer with people watching over my shoulder (they seriously do that).

Edit: Why do all the links in the thread lead me to a 'The page you were looking for does not appear to exist' page?

Edited by rampaging wyvern