WatersMoon110

Who Has a Holly?

Do you have a Holly Dragon or egg?  

1,193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was lucky enough to catch two Holly eggs off the AP this year, and they are now healthy adults. smile.gif Their lineages aren't perfect but I'm still quite happy with them. I look forward to breeding them next year so I can send the eggs back to the AP for some other lucky person to catch.

I got gifted X 2 wub.gif

Many, many thanks to those generous people.

Going to spread the love next year!

I finally got a holly this year after three years of hunting, through the BBW-raising holly contest. She is named ''The Impossible One''.

Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled. biggrin.gif

I have a single Holly I was able to get this year(gendered female) and was able to grab a few more (3 I think?) to gift to people with 0 hollys and who in some cases had been trying to get one for years. sad.gif

I got my first Holly this year. I went to the AC, saw it, couldn't believe my eyes, and clicked knowing there was no way I'd get it. In fact, I almost didn't click since I knew it would be gone already. I've never been so happy to be wrong.

He even has a pretty lineage, and I'll be working towards breeding him a proper mate for when I breed him next year (likely just a red/white checker.)

My Holly is all grown up and named! wub.gif Quite by coincidence, "Jabulani" (which means "to rejoice" in a local language) fit in perfectly with the naming scheme. Onward to next year's breeding season! biggrin.gif

I caught my second one in the AP on Christmas day. :3 So next year, I will be doing more gifting. biggrin.gif

Edited by Jazeki

I surpisingly enough was gifted two and gendered them male AND female.

Because I prefer PB as much as possible.

Of course this means I only can gift 5 instead of 10... in one go.

Edited by Hyesu

Was able to trade for two this year, one of which matured less than 5 minutes after hitting my scroll. o..0

Will be working on building a mate for her once I have all the required winters, though I'll have to find someone who can breed a mate for him.

I was gifted one this year by a kind gifter. I will try to return the favor nest year...

I do not have a Holly, I've been on DC for 3 years. I have never even seen a Holly egg, except for in people's signatures

Hollies are not rare anymore. Maybe if you don't stalk the AP. There was on average about one-three holly egg/s every 2-5 minutes (sometimes within seconds on the first day).

Next year they will be everywhere, and since more users have them this year there will be a ton left over (just look at the snow angel block we had this year).

Edited by Ashywolf

Hollies are not rare anymore. Maybe if you don't stalk the AP. There was on average about one-three holly egg/s every 2-5 minutes (sometimes within seconds on the first day).

Next year they will be everywhere, and since more users have them this year there will be a ton left over (just look at the snow angel block we had this year).

Well, they won't be making a wall next year, but the only ones worth something in trades, are going to be the low gen ones.

I now have two. Someone graciously gifted me one this year and another person payed me for a trade. smile.gif

Hollies in general are probably not that rare. I'd say it's more like low-gen, clean hollies are rare.

I traded myself a holly this year, it will probaly be easier to get one this year.

I have one, gifted by a brilliant friend. I've tried to catch one every year that I've been here with no luck at all. I just can't click and grab as fast as everyone else, unfortunately.

I can breed my own second one next year - err - this year!! smile.gif

I caught three this year...one for my friend

and the rest is for me .. smile.gif

What does a Holly look like? never saw one. smile.gif

They look like this. smile.gif

Looks like the majority of DC has Hollies now! Hopefully next Christmas, everyone will get one. <3

They look like this. smile.gif

Looks like the majority of DC has Hollies now! Hopefully next Christmas, everyone will get one. <3

Just imagine, an AP full of hollies. ^^

(Who am I kidding, it's still going to be full of cheer eggs. NO DRAGON SHALL UNSEAT THE SNOW ANGELS.*)

* I love the Snow Angels, they are abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous, I just have no idea why they have this death grip on the Christmas AP. They're not the oldest, they're not the most recent, perhaps you could argue they're the prettiest? But that seems so subjective. DC players don't usually have a consistent opinion.

* I love the Snow Angels, they are abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous, I just have no idea why they have this death grip on the Christmas AP. They're not the oldest, they're not the most recent, perhaps you could argue they're the prettiest? But that seems so subjective. DC players don't usually have a consistent opinion.

I would guess that it was because of the large upsurge of players at the end of '08 through '09. I think that a lot of players may have missed the Yulebucks (Holiday dragons were relatively new then, despite the Holly and Vamps), and those owners have had more time to quit playing.

Whereas I think the Snow Angels were probably caught by a lot more players, and they've had they've had three years now to increase that while the Ribbon Dancers have only had two and the Winter Magis just this one.