WatersMoon110

Who Has a Holly?

Do you have a Holly Dragon or egg?  

1,193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got two smile.gif

Actually, I'm looking for an advice concerning one of them - what to breed him with? I thought about mirroring the lineage with reds, but the bright pink will make it a little awkward. Any other ideas...? Don't want to create something messy.

Possibly a similar checker but with Crimsons replacing the Hollies might work - lineage mockup.

The Crimsons have a similar sitting position that might make them work better than reds, and a straight checker instead of a mirror would avoid any issues with the placement of the Old Pink.

@ Iside & skauble, thank you for advice smile.gif I think, I'll go for checker with reds (color) or crimsons (pose). The problem with mirror is that all dragons similar in color to old pink are female (actually the only one I can think about when looking for something similar is rosebud) which breaks the pattern...

I had a siminalr problem with a 3rd gen marrow http://dragcave.net/lineage/cBH1Q and I solved it with a "mirrored" mate using reds instead of a holly and blacks instead of marrows. I'm pretty happy of th result

http://dragcave.net/lineage/qv3lC

It looks really good smile.gif

I caught both my Holly eggs last year. One of them, I have no idea just what I will breed him with there's many a choice in his lineage - but in a case like this, I really don't care about lineage and would just want to spread the Holly love. (probably will do my best to find a dragon with a lineage of similar length)

The other egg however, I am super proud of this 2nd Generation Holly from a 2011 HM raffle prize that I snagged off the AP. And this is a lineage I will be continuing...

Hopefully - they will breed true [as this year will be the first year of their breeding]...may run a test before the season to make sure they won't refuse their mates...

I have an adult holly. It is not a very good lineage but I am hoping hollies are rare enough I can get something good for it.

Wow, pretty lineage smile.gif

Yay, I'm pretty fond of it biggrin.gif

And the best thing is that I menaged to find the perfect mate for her

Caught one all the way back in 2007. Was acting on a hunch that there'd be a Christmas egg of some sort. I was right.

I've got two Hollies, both gifted to me.

Trolly Holly which was gifted in 2011. And Hollibelle which was gifted to me last year.

I think the market is too saturated with Hollies to really trade for anything but i'll try. If not, no harm in tossing the eggs to the AP since I know they'll find homes.

Haven't gotten my second one, but I don't think I really ever want a second one in the first place -- what would I do with it?

I don't have any yet; I'll certainly be on the lookout for one at Christmas. smile.gif

I've been here since 2008 and could never get a Holly until today. Now I have two - one from the AP, and one I traded for~

I've been here for almost three years [three in January] and I got my first two hollies today! From the AP =)

By here i mean I was in Dragoncave, I made a forum account late >.>

Edited by Sirithiliel

I will probably be adding a 3rd gen stairstep from white to my collection unless someone wants to trade 2 cb golds for it.

I have an adult holly it is long/inbred and messy lineaged but was the first holly I ever had. A friend also gave me a holly egg which is lower gen then my adult (still about 8 or 9 gen) and non inbred so I have something a little nicer. biggrin.gif

i have 3 hollies now. i caught them all in the AP and their lineages are all pretty nice and not too long. i wouldnt have complained either way since they are hard to snag. i got my 3rd last night

Edited by futuregohangurl

Finally after YEARS of trying I FINALLY got a Holly Egg!!!!!!!! And I think it was Revolting or something from where ever it came from it's [R4ovt] Seemed to me like it was wanting to avoid me like all the others... but I managed to snag it!

*does a happy dance*

Edited by MalagAste

I was gifted a 6th gen spiral last year, and caught a pretty 4th gen spiral with Red this morning, first time I've ever successfully caught a Holly. Thank you, tjenni!

I am so glad for the increased limits, too, because I still want a 2nd gen so much, and while I'm dreaming, eventually several 2nd gens, so I can build some pretty even gens.

I think the increased limits may also encourage some of the CB breeders who stopped breeding to come back and start breeding again. *wishes*

I finally got one. c:

I've been here since 2008 and man oh man I never thought I'd be able to have one of these babies~ !

I make it a rule for myself to only ever have one of each dragon (two if gender sprites are different), so I'm finally done my Holly hunt forever. Feels gooooood!