TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

But I didn't HAVE the cards for those ingredients.

I kind of used a check list because I got frustrated and impatient. Bad Cirvihi. No cookies for you.

You don't need cards for the incredients. You can create these by your own. Got caramel? But it in the oven. wink.gif

I agree that there are a lot of nice Christmas eggs going to waste. I have two nice ones up for grabs posted in 3 different threads, and no one is taking them. Next year I think I'll just breed on request. As for the cooking, I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through with it. And as for the Hollies, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, lol. I've seen about 6 holly eggs go by this year, but no luck catching them. One even popped up directly beneath my cursor, but I got the message that someone was faster and snatched the egg away! Oh well, maybe I can catch something really epic and trade for one next year! tongue.gif

To be honest, I'm not unhappy with the fact that everyone's allowed to have only two. I remember someone posting in the Halloween thread, shortly after the new Halloween egg had dropped, that they had managed to grab 20. I'm not sure how that's possible, but there it is.

By limiting the dragons to two of each type, *everyone* in the Cave has at least a modicum of a chance to grab one, instead of those who have fast internet connections hoarding as many as they can.

I'm happy with two. If I manage a holly this year, then I will be happy. If not, then I'll just have to wait another year. smile.gif

I think it is pretty good that there is a limit, too. I have to admit that I am one of those people who have 12 Cavern Lurkers, but only because my best friend decided that she doesn't like them and gave all of her six hatchlings to me. And I already had six. I love the Cavern Lurkers, so I couldn't help but get greedy and the one egg I gifted away doesn't make it better xd.png

So I'm somehow happy that we have a limit for the other Holiday dragons. Otherwise I would be hoarding Ribbon Dancers. But I actually do like lilysally's idea of increasing the limit every year by one. As if a new Holiday dragon gets released everybody can catch only two, but the next year they can catch another one. I don't know how this should be handled for new players who weren't there when the breed was released, if they should be allowed to get more immediately or if it should also depend on how long someone plays DC. But I like this idea.

I love the DC events and I love the sprites of the Christmas dragons. I made plans what to breed my CB Christmas dragons with, but until now, I only bred my Yulebuck, one Winter Magi and one Snow Angel, and the last one didn't even produced an egg. Now I look at that wall in the AP and I'm thinking I won't breed my other Christmas dragons at all, because there are already so many that people can't pick up all of them. That makes me a bit sad...

Nobody wants my ribbon dancer and winter magi eggs, they're second gen with gold mate

But I didn't HAVE the cards for those ingredients.

I kind of used a check list because I got frustrated and impatient. Bad Cirvihi. No cookies for you.

You don't need the card to make the ingredients for the gingerbread house, but to actually make the house itself you'll need to find it.

Oh I am totally addicted to the Christmas cooking raffle...

Still missing some recepies though.

I've managed to breed and send out my promised Hollies, now I'm working on the cooking game, which is good fun. I've bred my two Yules too, but I'm not sure I'm going to bother to breed my other Christmas dragons - there seem to be so many languishing unloved in the AP... sad.gif

I...I never post here.

But its been five years of hours, and hours of obsessive refreshing. And I have gotten a Holly. Im just in shock right now.

So when your cooking badge turns gold it means you've done all the recipes right? unsure.gif

I...I never post here.

But its been five years of hours, and hours of obsessive refreshing. And I have gotten a Holly. Im just in shock right now.

Congrats, I know the pain lol

here is a possibly selfish question.. can you find out how many entries you have in the raffle?

I've been trying to gift my christmas dragons with pretty linages for 3 days now, noone wants them sad.gif The AP is full of them too - I see that most are bred for the sake of breeding at all - super messy linages.

I like the idea of limits as this way everyone can have them at all. But with so many unwanted ones, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to raise those limits

So when your cooking badge turns gold it means you've done all the recipes right? unsure.gif

My did not turn gold, but no red recipes are appearing anymore... does this mean I've not cooked something important?

So many unloved eggs in the AP. It makes me so sad D:

I wish I could take some.

Still, I am concerned about the fact that I had a very hard time finding clean lineaged yules and ribbon dancers in the AP. Had to check 11 eggs for my second Yule and 6 for the Ribbon before finding clean lineaged ones.

I haven't bred most of my holiday dragons yet and I'm not sure if I should breed them at all. *looks at the holiday eggs wall on the AP*

So many unloved eggs in the AP. It makes me so sad D:

I wish I could take some.

Still, I am concerned about the fact that I had a very hard time finding clean lineaged yules and ribbon dancers in the AP. Had to check 11 eggs for my second Yule and 6 for the Ribbon before finding clean lineaged ones.

Mhmm. I'm still um'ing and ah'ing about my yules. I was debating whether or not to release one of mine in favour of hopefully nabbing a 2G with a nice mate but from my random clicks thus far, I don't feel too optimistic about that option. :(

Varekis=> Well, I got very lucky with the Winter Magi and Ribbon Dancers I caught, all of them are 2nd gen. None of my Snow angels is a 2nd gen, but one of them has a pretty lineage and the other I kept because I found it to be pretty cute tongue.gif

Both of my Yules are 3rd gen, but I had an extra hard time fetching those two!

wow! the AP is filled with holiday eggs!

i wish i could catch all the unwanted ones but i am egg locked sad.gif

counselor=> If I were you, I would try to find homes for them before doing so. Try to find people who really want them and no other smile.gif

Safira: but with clutches of three or four eggs bred, some of the eggs would go the AP anyways, even if I'd found a good home for one. wink.gif

My sister accidentally dropped two 2nd gen pinksxyules that I gifted to her, after they were gifted to me D: That'll teach us for helping each other... Congratulations to whoever caught those two beauties...

Say are all hollies gone?

or people still breeding them , i haven't seen any since yesterday

and i only found 2

I'm trying to catch one for a friend who doesn't have any with no luck xd.png

I only saw hollies on the 19th. I hope breeders just hold them back until the first row of Christmas dragons hatched for us newbies.

I have not bred my Christmas dragons yet. Every time I check the AP I see far too many there. I'd sooner not breed then breed.

I've been hoping to snag another Holly myself. I had two, but gifted one of the eggs to a user that's been here four years, Holly-less. I was hoping to snag another to gift as well, but I haven't seen anymore of them. :/ It is sad seeing all of the beautiful Christmas eggs sitting homeless in the AP. I wish we were allowed more of them so that I could give a few a home. I still have a couple of Xmas dragons to breed but I'm wondering if I should now...