TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Think about it:

If Identical twin girls, marry Identical twin boys, each pairs' kids will be genetically siblings! Legally first cousins, but genetically siblings.

biggrin.gif

... mind = blown.

Think about it:

If Identical twin girls, marry Identical twin boys, each pairs' kids will be genetically siblings! Legally first cousins, but genetically siblings.

biggrin.gif

Fascinating. Even more so because I know of at least one pair of couples I have read about that are two sets of identical twins married.... and thus making this applicable to people in RL.

Never really even thought about that with them though. ohmy.gif

Are you using the default DC background/skin? Some people have said that the Portal background/ skin interferes with the cooking.

Also, do you have javascript turned on? Some people turn it off when egg-hunting.

On a sad note, there's a dead Holly in the Graveyard:  http://dragcave.net/graveyard

sad.gif

Default/Portal skin? So, if I'm using 'default', that should help? I have no idea what Portal is.

Javascript. I have no idea if it's on or off and I wouldn't know where to look to find out.

Didn't see any dead Holly, but maybe someone took it away. What a waste, though. :-(

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm rather PC challenged. Thanks for trying to help. I'll just wait until 9 pm on the 24th my time for the Christmas drop. I'm in Calif., TJ's back east, so it starts at 9 pm for me. :0)

Default/Portal skin? So, if I'm using 'default', that should help? I have no idea what Portal is.

Javascript. I have no idea if it's on or off and I wouldn't know where to look to find out.

Didn't see any dead Holly, but maybe someone took it away. What a waste, though. :-(

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm rather PC challenged. Thanks for trying to help. I'll just wait until 9 pm on the 24th my time for the Christmas drop. I'm in Calif., TJ's back east, so it starts at 9 pm for me. :0)

In the account settings you can change the background of your scroll.

Portal is a game made of awesome.

In mozilla you go tools -> options -> content. Pretty sure that in chrome javascript is under settings.

Holly hunting should grant award if you catch one in the AP with all the adds etc still on@@

annnd numb hands make for sloooow clicks.(can abrley type, cold here!)

*keels over*

I was a bit sad when I found out that my pie was filled and there were no more recipes. .___.;

Anyways! A wonderful DC Christmas for me. (: I was gifted a beautiful Holly and this event was delicious~! <3 Looking forward to the new Christmas dragons and looking forward to the gingerbread mini-game.

A bit late, but thanks guys for all the events! I can't wait to see what other recipes there are to find! Though I have to admit, this is definitely one of the more challenging events I've seen xd.png

Can't wait to see what the new Christmas and Raffle Winners' dragon will look like...

Happy holidays everyone and good luck in the raffle! smile.gif

I finally got me a holly. Took 4 years of endless (read: and mindless) clicking, but I finally got one. It's a tad inbred (same holly twice), but I'm not gonna complain. I could be without, yet again. smile.gif

Haven't started the cooking thing, yet, but will do so tomorrow. Since I don't see any floatie things anymore, I'm assuming I have all my ingredients and can go to work, now.

Where I can find this mini game if I have made a gingerbread house?

We are gonna get it on the 25.

Lookie! Users viewing thread is back !

Well...I caught a second Holly.

And...and...*gasp*

I was hoping to get a better lineaged one than the one I caught before...but...holy....

It's going to take a while for me to figure out what mate to give this one xd.png

I might actually have an awesome mate for that beautiful Holly! smile.gif PM me and we can talk about it. smile.gif

I want more Christmas dragons. But we can't get more than two...

Wish our limits would be raised by one every year.

I had to let go one of my Yulebucks, as I wanted to keep the offspring of the other...

I want more Christmas dragons. But we can't get more than two...

Wish our limits would be raised by one every year.

I had to let go one of my Yulebucks, as I wanted to keep the offspring of the other...

To be honest, I'm not unhappy with the fact that everyone's allowed to have only two. I remember someone posting in the Halloween thread, shortly after the new Halloween egg had dropped, that they had managed to grab 20. I'm not sure how that's possible, but there it is.

By limiting the dragons to two of each type, *everyone* in the Cave has at least a modicum of a chance to grab one, instead of those who have fast internet connections hoarding as many as they can.

I'm happy with two. If I manage a holly this year, then I will be happy. If not, then I'll just have to wait another year. smile.gif

...so I'm following the gingerbread house recipe to a "T", but I keep ending up with a giant mess.

Spoiler:

It's a prep recipe: gumdrops, hard candy, and gingerbread. Right? Do I have to actually HAVE the recipe card to make it?

It's really sad to see the AP full of Christmas eggs that nobody can adopt.

Feels a bit like the awful places in Spain, Eastern Europe, etcetera, where dogs are just kept until they die...

Edit: @Cirvihi: Yes, you need the recipe card.

Edited by lilysally

...so I'm following the gingerbread house recipe to a "T", but I keep ending up with a giant mess.

Spoiler:

It's a prep recipe: gumdrops, hard candy, and gingerbread. Right? Do I have to actually HAVE the recipe card to make it?

Yes, you need to have the recipe card to make it. Just like you need the cards for the ingredients that go into the gingerbread house... ^^

It's really sad to see the AP full of Christmas eggs that nobody can adopt.

Feels a bit like the awful places in Spain, Eastern Europe, etcetera, where dogs are just kept until they die...

Edit: @Cirvihi: Yes, you need the recipe card.

I agree. It's sad to see all those eggs go to waste.

Maybe an exchange thread beforehand would have been better? So people can put in 'orders' for the eggs that they're missing, and those who own these dragons can breed specifically for the requests? Then not so many would get abandoned...

Yes, you need to have the recipe card to make it. Just like you need the cards for the ingredients that go into the gingerbread house... ^^

But I didn't HAVE the cards for those ingredients.

I kind of used a check list because I got frustrated and impatient. Bad Cirvihi. No cookies for you.

But I didn't HAVE the cards for those ingredients.

I kind of used a check list because I got frustrated and impatient. Bad Cirvihi. No cookies for you.

And you could still make them, even though you didn't have the cards? O.o

Maybe the gingerbread house is special...?

But collecting the cards happens fairly fast. Just check all the pages in the cave (I even looked at all the help pages while I was looking for recipes) and they'll pop up fairly quickly. Sometimes they hide at the bottom of the page... ^^;;