TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Where are these hollies people keep missing? I haven't seen a single holly all day long, though I saw plenty last night.

^This

Whoof, I thought I'd never catch one Holly, leave alone two!

I think tomorrow I'll give away one of the hollies to a catcher who hasn't been able to get any, and try for more :3

Advice to catch Hollies? o3o I just got online from a small Holiday part at my old high school... but, oh man, do I want a Holly (and repeatedly failed the last few year or two).

If anyone is available I need a few hints on some recipes. I check my PMs frequently...the forums not so much. Any help though would be appreciated.

Refreshing wasn't working fast enough for me kiyoura so instead I adopted an odd method of clicking the url bar, hovering the mouse over the eggs, and hitting enter.

It would have been a wierd sight seeing this artist crouched over her tablet with her arms crossed trying to click fast enough to nail a holly.

Been only about 10 hours stalking in the AP for hollyes, and i have senn 150+ in there, but the LAGMONSTER has eaten them all for me, so no luck, and i`m seriousely starting to think of makeing my scroll a Holly forbiden zone.

Edited by Mommy_Kitty

Heh, AP is almost nothing but Snow Angel eggs right now. *wishes it was a Holly egg wall instead*

Someday it will be, someday... probably at least 6 years into the future until that happens, though tongue.gif

Refreshing wasn't working fast enough for me kiyoura so instead I adopted an odd method of clicking the url bar, hovering the mouse over the eggs, and hitting enter.

It would have been a wierd sight seeing this artist crouched over her tablet with her arms crossed trying to click fast enough to nail a holly.

Ooh okay. That method seems odd for me.

Heh, AP is almost nothing but Snow Angel eggs right now.  *wishes it was a Holly egg wall instead*

A holly wall would be awesome because then people wouldn't be fighting over them happy.gif

I'll be perusing the thread tomorrow morning before work to find someone who hasn't gotten one yet to give away this second egg. Right now though it's bedtime!

@kiyoura - yes it was odd, but it worked for me because it loaded much faster than sitting there and refreshing.

Edited by TaesoSpiritDragon

And it's almost 1:20 am here. Good night and I hope you have better luck than I at Holly hunting!

Edited by Rosieknight

well thanks to this event and every1 flooding the AP instead of the cave i managed to get a leetle tree this year =P but over all ill be horribly dissapointed if i dont get a holly this year

sleep.gif I've been clicking Hollies in the AP, I would have gotten a few if the person I'm trying to gift to would get on and pick up his egg. I just see the overburdened message taunting me, it would be nice after three years to have a second Holly(although the 'Holly Guilt' would set in if I did manage to get myself another one, so I'd probably just gift it anyway...). Edited by Draco Knight

A holly wall would be awesome because then people wouldn't be fighting over them happy.gif

I'll be perusing the thread tomorrow morning before work to find someone who hasn't gotten one yet to give away this second egg. Right now though it's bedtime!

@kiyoura - yes it was odd, but it worked for me because it loaded much faster than sitting there and refreshing.

Ah okay. Well, congrats on your Holly and good night. xd.png I'll be trying to catch one, but will probably stop to play AC3. I can live not getting a Holly this year again~

I fixed it by using a different browser. Also, I would about give my soul for a holly, right now. I keep seeing them and not catching them. Grr! Ah, well, back to the AP!

I become unlocked of one slot tomorrow, so I'll probably be trying for a Holly when I am. I already have at least 1 of every other Christmas dragon from this year, so I won't be hurt if I don't get one. (I actually have 2 Ribbon Dancers, not 1... but still, you see my point)

I have one of each Christmas dragon except the Holly, and a duplicte of the winter magi. I'm thinking of dropping one so I can go holly hunting, but since one of my egg ill be hatching tomorrow night-ish, do you guys think I'll still be able to catch a holly if I wait til then?

Question: If the minigame is unlocked, does it stay there forever or just for the duration of Xmas time?

So many people getting Hollies with linages they dont want. I don't understand it, I'd be so happy to get 1, it wouldnt matter what the linage looked like. The very idea of dumping one in hopes of a shorter/cleaner linage makes me want to cry. I joined shortly after the release of the yulebucks and have tried every year since. Chances aren't looking to good this year either. Sigh. Computer, (or my reflexes) are just too slow.

/end pointless rant

Thanks to all for this amazing event. and to those smart enough to figure the cooking out, I managed a few on my own, but the rest was just making my brain hurt.

I'm starting to get the Red Star Recipe cards! I already made all the basic ingredients, so the rest should be easy. ♥

Just need to grab me a Holly (I already have a name for her planned out!) and i'll be all set.

Thanks to all who worked to make this so much fun. Took the edge off the impossible Holly hunt. All the recipes made me so hungry. Really cute pictures.

*Puts on One Way or Another by Blondie.* I always find this to be a good source of determination. xd.png I shall obtain a Holly, some day... one way or another. xd.png I think the sleep deprivation giddyness is affecting me right now. xd.png

Anyways, I don't understand why the lineage really matters with Hollies, most would probably be in shock for a day or two if they even get one. Now. Back to the hunt for me.

Ok, I've tried looking through the forum to find this out but it's moving so slow I'm out of patience. It took so long to open this window that I thought the pc had frozen and I wouldn't be able to post anything.

Could someone please pm me and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Do we need recipe cards for even the Simple things like boiling water? It won't let me do anything. No matter what One thing I try to prep or bake I get told it was a giant mess. I know I should be able to get apple slices for a pie and I know I need to boil water. To me that sounds like it should just be Selecting Prep and then Fruit and/or Selecting Oven and Water. Either I'm wrong with that line of thinking or something isn't working for me the way it should.

You can try to answer here if you like. I will TRY to look for it in a bit.

As a side note, I have a couple of past year Christmas Dragons if anyone still desperately needs any by... closer to Christmas. I only breed on request and prefer not to breed my "messy" lineaged ones as too many people don't want them. I JUST today got lucky enough to grab myself a Holly. It's a lineage people should like later after it grows up smile.gif Then, I managed to get a "messier" one for a relative who won't care in the least what the lineage looks like anyway. YAY!! Last year I hardly ever even saw any.

Sorry for the novel, I figured I better say everything now before the pc Does freeze or something.