TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

o.o why the heck cares what lineage a holly is? hello if u care that much theres a line of about ten thousand other people who would love to take your egg =P

How to be in the raffle? What are the mechanics? Does it only mean one should make at least one of those recipes with star?

I feel silly for asking this, but I have to ask: how do I select a blank recipe card so I can experiment? :/

you click on, in the recipe section:

blank oven to cook and bake

blank preparation to chop and mix things

you click on, in the recipe section:

blank oven to cook and bake

blank preparation to chop and mix things

Huh. It won't let me click either of those. Does that simply mean I don't have enough ingredients? I thought I did since I'm already finding raffle recipes...

Could someone please pm me and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Do we need recipe cards for even the Simple things like boiling water? It won't let me do anything. No matter what One thing I try to prep or bake I get told it was a giant mess. I know I should be able to get apple slices for a pie and I know I need to boil water. To me that sounds like it should just be Selecting Prep and then Fruit and/or Selecting Oven and Water. Either I'm wrong with that line of thinking or something isn't working for me the way it should.

You're right, it should be the prep card then adding fruit to it and hitting make, or the oven card and adding water and then make. Before you hit make be sure the item you want is listed on the card, aside from that I don't know what to tell you.

I was unable to click on any recipe cards without changing to the basic Dragon Cave layout (I was on the Portal 2 one), so unless it was fixed, you may be having that problem.

I'm starting to get the Red Star Recipe cards! I already made all the basic ingredients, so the rest should be easy. ♥

Just need to grab me a Holly (I already have a name for her planned out!) and i'll be all set.

I can't seem to make anything, even when I read how someone used this or that ingredient. When I use the same ingredients, all I get is a mess. I find this to be a near impossible game, but yet other people don't seem to be having any difficulties. One poster said they've made 66 recipes so far! How is that possible? Anyway, I may have to nix this part of the festivities and just concentrate on getting the new Christmas egg. *bummed*

I was unable to click on any recipe cards without changing to the basic Dragon Cave layout (I was on the Portal 2 one), so unless it was fixed, you may be having that problem.

Oh! That works. Thanks a lot. smile.gif

ill take a messy holly if others don't want it. biggrin.gif

as long as its not inbred.

I'll take any Holly... and treasure it and name it and breed it, and never leave my scroll. <3

I'll take any Holly... and treasure it and name it and breed it, and never leave my scroll. <3

amen to this =P

I have tried and tried many times to catch a Holly with no luck... xd.png

I do have all of my recipes and have my gingerbread house... 73 recipes in all...

one thng, if you want to make bread, then you first have to make 'plain dough',

add eggs and flour in "prep" and click MAKE= 'plain dough'... then

put 'plain dough' and 'yeast' in "prep" and click MAKE= 'bread dough'... then

put 'bread dough' in "Oven" and click MAKE= 'bread'... then

since you will need a lot of bread dough and plain dough and bread for other recipes so make a lot of it... just keep clicking MAKE and it will add another batch to your ingedients list...

look back a few pages, a link is repeated many times to a recipe link...

I can't seem to make anything, even when I read how someone used this or that ingredient.  When I use the same ingredients, all I get is a mess.  I find this to be a near impossible game, but yet other people don't seem to be having any difficulties.  One poster said they've made 66 recipes so far! How is that possible?  Anyway, I may have to nix this part of the festivities and just concentrate on getting the new Christmas egg.  *bummed*

Here's a list of all the recipes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=...many=true#gid=0

The ones that say "YES" under the Red Star column cannot be made until the recipe cards appear (instead of ingredients popping up randomly on the site).

Hope that helps. :)

My little Hollibelle, I will find you! I saved your name so I can have you on my scroll and you can be awesome!

Edited by MysticTiger

yay my pie is ready. smells delicious... this was so much fun. biggrin.gif can't wait for the mini game. thank you so much for organising and all the hard work. ♥ merry christmas everyone.

I have tried and tried many times to catch a Holly with no luck... xd.png

I do have all of my recipes and have my gingerbread house... 73 recipes in all...

one thng, if you want to make bread, then you first have to make 'plain dough',

add eggs and flour in "prep" and click MAKE= 'plain dough'... then

put 'plain dough' and 'yeast' in "prep" and click MAKE= 'bread dough'... then

put 'bread dough' in "Oven" and click MAKE= 'bread'... then

since you will need a lot of bread dough and plain dough and bread for other recipes so make a lot of it... just keep clicking MAKE and it will add another batch to your ingedients list...

look back a few pages, a link is repeated many times to a recipe link...

after making a item you can also just refresh the page and itll recreate it. =]

Thanks for the mail. It seems I'm doing things correctly. It's just not working.

For whomever suggested it might be my layout/skin, I never changed it. I've always left it the default. I like the basic scroll.

I guess I'll keep collecting things and try again tomorrow. Maybe try another browser or something. I prefer using Chrome but for some reason I can't find any of the event items unless I use IE so I'm stuck here for now. GRRR. I didn't even know the Halloween event had started until a relative told me. I was happily using Chrome and seeing NOTHING.? Frustrating!

STILL no Holly. Been on my iPad for much of today and yesterday, seen heaps, missed every single one. It doesn't help that I don't have the best reflexes, can't download things to disable things, Wifi connection speed is slow and I lose Internet connectin altogether quite regularly.

I`m on FF with defoult skin, but tried it with other skins and it does work for me perfectly, it might be that your browser is messy or you are useing wrong ingreds. Even with LAGMONSTER at my end i had no trouble gathering and cooking all 73 recipes.

STILL no Holly. Been on my iPad for much of today and yesterday, seen heaps, missed every single one. It doesn't help that I don't have the best reflexes, can't download things to disable things, Wifi connection speed is slow and I lose Internet connectin altogether quite regularly.

I've seen one Holly egg and that was this morning. Been counting my refreshes and i'm almost to 300. I think i'll be giving up soon (until tomorrow anyway). Everyone keep seeing a ton, though, so there must be hollies out there!

I will find you Hollibelle!

Thanks for the mail. It seems I'm doing things correctly. It's just not working.

For whomever suggested it might be my layout/skin, I never changed it. I've always left it the default. I like the basic scroll.

I guess I'll keep collecting things and try again tomorrow. Maybe try another browser or something. I prefer using Chrome but for some reason I can't find any of the event items unless I use IE so I'm stuck here for now. GRRR. I didn't even know the Halloween event had started until a relative told me. I was happily using Chrome and seeing NOTHING.? Frustrating!

it could be your browser. some people were having trouble with IE and google chrome.

I can't seem to make anything, even when I read how someone used this or that ingredient.  When I use the same ingredients, all I get is a mess.  I find this to be a near impossible game, but yet other people don't seem to be having any difficulties.  One poster said they've made 66 recipes so far! How is that possible?  Anyway, I may have to nix this part of the festivities and just concentrate on getting the new Christmas egg.  *bummed*

I started late and didn't get my last recipe until just a few minutes ago... I was given all 17 ingredients first, then started getting the recipes. I used a link from a few pages back to get the recipe info. some basic recipes, you can make just from the ingredients list, like 'apple slices'... just click "prep", then 'fruit, then MAKE= 'apple slices"

put 'water' in the "oven' , MAKE = boiling water.

it seemed to me that if I didn't have a recipe for, say 'lemon merainge pie', then even if I had all the ingredients it would just make a mess...

don't be in a rush, I understand that we have 2 weeks in all to do this...

anyone got an old "Holly' they don't want... biggrin.gif

PS:

LagMonster didn't seem to have any effect on my recipes and cooking... got all 73 now with no problems other than figuring things out...

Edited by Husky51

it could be your browser. some people were having trouble with IE and google chrome.

I am confused by the people having troubles though, as I am using both Chrome and the Portal 2 skin and it's been working fine for me. Of course, I haven't gotten to the picking up recipe cards yet as I've been slow getting around to doing this event, but I've been fine with no problems so far.

Hmm.