TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

How intriguing - I just came online and saw it. Gonna have to figure out what the heck I'm meant to be doing but yaaay new badge and Christmas event :D

Do we get entered in the raffle each time we make a red star item, or only the first time we make it?

now all we need is to wait for the spreadsheet! in the mean time y'all go breed your hollies into the AP rolleyes.gif

and of course i just missed 3 hollies... dry.gif

Edited by sheltielover1

How intriguing - I just came online and saw it. Gonna have to figure out what the heck I'm meant to be doing but yaaay new badge and Christmas event biggrin.gif

Enjoy the game. smile.gif

Perhaps a little patience goes along ways? As I have stated many members have not logged in yet.

...Which is a great reason for not allowing spoilers here, but really doesn't explain why there shouldn't be a separate thread for it. And yes, patience is great, but as I said before, some of us have very busy schedules outside of DC, especially at this time of year. Personally, after tonight I'm going to be snatching a few minutes here and there until the event's over. It would be nice if having work and a family didn't end up disqualifying me from the raffle just because keeping people from seeing spoilers when they don't want to somehow means they can't even be available for people who are seeking them out.

Is this like a scavenger hunt - where they are hidden permanantly, or like Trick-or-Treat/Festival of Eggs where you wait 11 minutes first?

Do we get entered in the raffle each time we make a red star item, or only the first time we make it?

I'm betting only the first time. Otherwise people could just make the recipes over and over again and build up their chances artificially/unfairly.

as much as I enjoy getting red stars for the raffle I need ingredients to make said recipe.

Please site give me more ingredients.

Also anyone know anything about sweet dough?

For other peeps like me who don't realize there's a FAQ in the first post:

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I get ingredients?

Basic ingredients have to be gathered. You can find them randomly around the site. More advanced ingredients have to be made from combinations of the basic ingredients.

Where do I get recipes?

Experiment! Lots of recipes can only be discovered by choosing the right combination of ingredients.

Once you have all of the basic ingredients, you'll be able to find advanced recipes around the site instead. These advanced recipes cannot be discovered, even if you know the ingredients.

I can't discover any recipes!

That's not a question, but here's some help anyways:

A lot of key items can be made by cooking or preparing a single ingredient. Once you have these, you'll be able to prepare advanced recipes more easily.

Also, try looking at advanced recipes. See what items you don't have, and think about how you could possibly make those missing items.

Might help. xP

I've made vegetable soup!! biggrin.gif I've got other recipes I have no clue how to make and I'm ending up making more of a mess than anything xd.png

...Which is a great reason for not allowing spoilers here, but really doesn't explain why there shouldn't be a separate thread for it. And yes, patience is great, but as I said before, some of us have very busy schedules outside of DC, especially at this time of year. Personally, after tonight I'm going to be snatching a few minutes here and there until the event's over. It would be nice if having work and a family didn't end up disqualifying me from the raffle just because keeping people from seeing spoilers when they don't want to somehow means they can't even be available for people who are seeking them out.

I am sorry but you are different from the rest of us how? A separate topic would be a duplicate of this one.

when i click "black oven recipe" nothing happen ... i mean shouldn't a black recipe pop up in the middle and let me select ingredients? but i see is a grey-out "MAKE" with the kitchen background artwork.

Took finding three red starred recipe cards before I got one I could make. |D Whoo.

well the lag has gotten better for me. I've managed to catch several ER eggs but those darned Hollies slip by every time!

is there a special place we have to go to find the recepies or ingredients? i haven't seen ANY of those floating around the site?

Got red star recipes....

Now just need to know how to make Stock and Sweet Dough. Tried everything...no go.

good grief this is difficult. I obviously have all basic ingredients but its like wrestling a bull trying to figure out what makes what.

That awkward moment when you mix ingredients you use together to make things in real life and it doesn't make anything... xd.png

This is going to be slooow. I only have made roast chicken and boiling water. ;u; /wishes she wasn't so busy with work during the Christmas period

Nice idea! How did you guys know, that I still need to bake Xmas cookies? With your great reminder I am sure it won't be long before all boxes will be full.

user posted image

I just got a recipe for Apple Pie Ala Mode, but I have NO clue how to make ice cream. ohmy.gif

No luck catching hollies either. mad.gif