TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Wow this lag is crazy bad!

Usually with "normal" holiday lag I can't even access the forums either, tonight the forums are fine but the cave has apparently fogged itself tongue.gif

You only need spoilers if you have tried all options. Many members have not even logged on yet.

...That's an awful lot of options to try. And yes, many members haven't logged on, but many others have had several hours now to gather ingredients, try the combinations that make sense to them and get frustrated if they don't work (and yes, the event is going to be going on for a while, but some of us have too much on our schedules at this time of year to trial-and-error our way through several hundred combinations). If a recipe thread was allowed, those who want to avoid spoilers could just not go to that thread, while those who do want them would be able to get them.

*gggg*

I haven't even tried *catching* anything yet. ^^ All I wanted was to check on the eggs that I still have on my scroll - and my hatchies, of course.

No luck.

I think I'll drive to work now and try again later...

11 minutes and counting...

Could anyone PM me the simpler recipes? I've tried lots of variations but all I get is a big mess :/

AARGH! I am so frustrated. Early on I was able to get a few ingredients and try making something but that all came to a screeching halt and nothing is loading..25 minutes and still waiting, can't see if I have any new ingredients, can't do a darn thing with the ingredients I have because it isn't loading. ARGH!

.....maybe I need to call it quits and try again in the morning. <huge sigh>

EDIT:

Double ARGH!! While awaiting for the page to load to see if I got any new ingredients I got "Problem Loading Page unable to connect" .... that was a waste of time.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

...That's an awful lot of options to try. And yes, many members haven't logged on, but many others have had several hours now to gather ingredients, try the combinations that make sense to them and get frustrated if they don't work (and yes, the event is going to be going on for a while, but some of us have too much on our schedules at this time of year to trial-and-error our way through several hundred combinations). If a recipe thread was allowed, those who want to avoid spoilers could just not go to that thread, while those who do want them would be able to get them.

This.

100% THIS. I've got a busy schedule. I'm still going to try and figure stuff out but there's a point where you hit a wall and just want a solution so you can move on.

Some of us aren't clever enough to figure out every single possible permutation. We may not "need" the spoilers, but we know that if we don't have them, we're never going to get pretty much anything. Which is why we are requesting to be able to have them someplace else, so the people who don't want to be spoiled don't have to see them but we have options too. That way everybody wins, instead of only some people.

Perhaps a little patience goes along ways? As I have stated many members have not logged in yet.

Naaaaawwwww!

Wanted to go check my scroll and breed my past holidays, just to find the cave lagging worse than ever since I joined the site.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

nah I can't load dc at all now. I can go on do my chores and come back later, but I have a hatchie that needs to be fogged and I'm a bit worried. TJ any possibility you can disable sickness till the lag monster leaves?

:C I caught a really nice holly egg, I REALLY hope it's still in my possession when the cave comes back....

Man, I just realized not only am I working early on Christmas day, Christmas day will actually be the culmination of a grueling work week with extra shifts centered so precisely around end of week I won't be seeing any overtime.

This might be the one year I'll be too tired to be at the midnight release! ohmy.gif It just won't feel like Christmas!

totally agree with you there Shalora. I would never have guessed ice for chocolate! It's beyond my reasoning.

If you use water in chocolate-making the mixture will seize. In effect, the chocolate is ruined. cool.gif

If you use water in chocolate-making the mixture will seize. In effect, the chocolate is ruined. cool.gif

I didn't realize you needed anything like that at all... at the most, i would have guessed milk and no water whatsoever.

I've only got 2 ingredients that are useless together. Then a 15 minute lag which ended up in misery.

And I won't be on tonight to continue. I have a party to attend, lol.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get the rest and start cracking some recipes.

This. I was gonna try it the hard way first, but I am insanely busy this week...and going to be away next week with FAR less computer access. I might not even be able to get the new dragon this year, let alone get anywhere in the minigame.