TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Interesting event. I hate cooking.

Well, I might not be able to actually catch a Holly this year, but at least I've seen several! Long gone before they load for me - I'm stuck in a geographical sinkhole where slow Wi-Fi is the fastest connection available. However, seeing them is an improvement over last year. Good luck to everyone!

ive already made minestrone soup which is a red star, what is this lottery that i keep hearing about that invlolves red stars?????

Man, I wish my guy would pick up his Holly already. I can't catch my second one until he does. I've gotten the overburdened message twice for very nice Holly eggs(not 2ed gens, I would have gifted them though).

Wow, first world dragon cave problems. :/

Also, it's fun mixed all the food together!

This whole cooking deal is harder than I thought. I have yet to figure out a more complicated recipe by myself. xd.png

I'm happy for everyone who got the eggs they wanted! smile.gif

This is a special Christmas to me, as my Gran, who I showed this game and who thought it was "very cute", died a month ago. I think about naming the new Christmas dragon after her. smile.gif

I'm a bit depressed though, the cooking game isn't working for me (in my browser the ad banner is placed directly over the ingredients for some reason).

I bred eggs but couldn't gift them as the forum is down so often at the moment.

And I've clicked for one hour and haven't even seen a single Holly in the AP. The trading threads are full already. Now I've got to go to work. After four years of trying I start to think that I'll never get this dragon. sad.gif

askdjhasdj

Can't make anything ;u;

How many basic ingredients are there?

there are 17 basic ingredients have all of them but its so hard to figure anything out.

How many basic ingrediants are there? (the ones you find...not the ones you make)

Edit: derp. The post above mine already answered my question *facepalm*

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

I'm stuck at how to make Sweet Dough ^^; I've tried everything and nothing ^^; I feel bad asking this, but is asking for recipes via PM allowed? unsure.gif That recipe is tricky mellow.gif

Interesting event. I hate cooking.

Well, I might not be able to actually catch a Holly this year, but at least I've seen several! Long gone before they load for me - I'm stuck in a geographical sinkhole where slow Wi-Fi is the fastest connection available. However, seeing them is an improvement over last year. Good luck to everyone!

Me too. I'm starting to think I'll have to trade for it, because catching one's totally out of the question even when the AP is fairly empty. happy.gif

Super loving all these adorable cooking ingredients though! This event is brilliant.

Finally managed 1 of all the 5 previous holidays. Now i'm just confused on this holiday cooking

Got one spot open for the new one, and 3 of my 5 new eggies are incubated with my 3 red dragons

I'm stuck at how to make Sweet Dough ^^; I've tried everything and nothing ^^; I feel bad asking this, but is asking for recipes via PM allowed? unsure.gif That recipe is tricky mellow.gif

this, son is about to have a fit tongue.gif

I just got a recipe for Apple Pie Ala Mode, but I have NO clue how to make ice cream. ohmy.gif

No luck catching hollies either. mad.gif

What does milk, sugar and ice get you?

Or milk, sugar, eggs and ice?

Ooh, possibly you need to make a custard first - eggs, sugar and milk, and then combine the custard with ice, since that's how it's done IRL...

And while the recipe book is down, I'm discovering how bad I am at this. How hard can a roast chicken possibly be?!

Chicken + oven = mess

Chicken + spices + overn = mess

Hmmm...

Wish I weren't stuck at college nine hours every day D: At least my phone allows me to grab ingredients as they pop up. I'll start throwing them together this evening =3 Holiday breeding will have to wait as well.

Is anyone else having trouble gathering ingredients? What I think is herbs or mint or something keeps appearing for me, but everytime I click it, it takes me to the event page without gathering the item. D:

What does milk, sugar and ice get you?

Or milk, sugar, eggs and ice?

Ooh, possibly you need to make a custard first - eggs, sugar and milk, and then combine the custard with ice, since that's how it's done IRL...

And while the recipe book is down, I'm discovering how bad I am at this. How hard can a roast chicken possibly be?!

Chicken + oven = mess

Chicken + spices + overn = mess

Hmmm...

I've tried the milk, sugar and ice combo and that didn't work. Hadn't thought of the custard idea.

I can cook and bake quite well in real life, but this method is driving me mad.

if i don't get a holly egg this year i'm gonna cry xd.png

been trying for the last 3 years with no luck and i'm tired of waiting till next year to try again

they go so fast xp

now about hollies.

do they gender males only or females only?

I seriously don't get the cooking thing....all i've got are 2 blank recipe cards. How am i suppose do anything when nothing works?

I seriously don't get the cooking thing....all i've got are 2 blank recipe cards.  How am i suppose do anything when nothing works?

there are 17 basic ingredients you find around the site once you have all those you'll start finding recipe cards instead. This is all basically one big experiment game. So you'll just have to try out stuff.

On a side note anyone know how to make mashed sweet potatos?

Edited by roxasxaxel