TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

Well, it's not really a game of chance. There's faster comps and slower comps, faster connections and slower connections. So it's also a game of equipment and therefore money.

Also at the moment there's a LOT that people ask for them in trading. In a few weeks those who gave CB Trios or Blacks or Stripes or even Metals might just hate themselves for doing so.

I love the way people are gifting or trading them for just a few CB hatchlings. That gives those with slower connections/reflexes a nice surprise. (Again Thanks to my two gifters!)

Also there are times when I wonder, if distance from the server does influence the timing. Being here in Europe I seem to have a lot of problems this time round. So, are people from Eastern USA having problems? People from Asia? Australia? Or is it just random?

Australian speaking:

Some trouble here, but it's sometimes easier, sometimes harder... it depends on time of day, I've notice my 5 o'clock is best

my connection with the cave is a bit slow today......I might just sneak on in the early hours of the moring around 7 am my time and steal some of these eggs for myself.....its what I do when the holiday dragons come because I noticed there are very low numbers on at that time probably like 3-5 people on in each biom so I can atleast have a chance in grabbing an egg instead of clasing with 190 people in each biom

I am understanding of the frustration, but I am also surprised the mods haven't warned the thread about the fussing. To the mods: I'm sorry for going off-topic here. I won't do it again.

I have been trying and trying since their release to get another CB Blusang-- managed three on the first release, and only by freaking spending a lot of time and effort to get them.

So on Friday, when nothing was showing up at nine (PM, Pacific time) in the Coast biome, I clicked on the others-- and discovered the drop! I actually could not believe my luck-- 27 of us in the room, and I was able to get SEVEN!

Since then I have given away four randomly (one hasn't responded yet, and if they don't soon, the transfer link will expire) to various people who are struggling, as have others. People need to remember it's a game. I never managed the original zombies, nor the original vampires, nor the first drops of many of the holiday ones, so no CBs for me there.

These will be around for the rest of the game.

They are still dropping. There has never been a release that is limited other than holidays, which this is not.

Well, it's not really a game of chance. There's faster comps and slower comps, faster connections and slower connections. So it's also a game of equipment and therefore money.

Also at the moment there's a LOT that people ask for them in trading. In a few weeks those who gave CB Trios or Blacks or Stripes or even Metals might just hate themselves for doing so.

I love the way people are gifting or trading them for just a few CB hatchlings. That gives those with slower connections/reflexes a nice surprise. (Again Thanks to my two gifters!)

Also there are times when I wonder, if distance from the server does influence the timing. Being here in Europe I seem to have a lot of problems this time round. So, are people from Eastern USA having problems? People from Asia? Australia? Or is it just random?

I think luck and persistance have a lot to do with it.

I am in the DC time zone but when I do a speed test check, my results say that I am slower than 88% of the US population. That's pretty darn slow.

However I've managed to pick up a couple of eggs each day, some on the hourly drops and a couple on the five minute drops, mostly by clicking like a crazy person. I might wind up with ten or more tabs open on the same egg!

The other day I had 144 tabs in 3 minutes, and managed 2 eggs from that clicking frenzy. xd.png

PS: if someone want to drop me a PM with the possible name of these dragons so I can be thinking of good names, I would be grateful.

Edited by Tawanda001

Hmm, you know, the blue spikes and overall colour scheme of this new dragon kind of reminds me of the caterpillar from the Mimas tiliae (a moth species):

Edited out *Image of caterpillar*

Edited out *2nd image of caterpillar*

I definitely hope the new dragon is nothing like a caterpillar. (The lindwurms were majestic and thankfully did not disturb me)

/right after seeing these pictures and being disturbed, I poured out and apply cinnamon muffin mix, only to find a caterpillar/worm/moth larva/demon crawling inside of it. I am absolutely mortified right now

//I'm 20 and had to ask my mother to get rid of it *shudder*

~

I still can't wait to see the adults, though biggrin.gif

I know I have seen these before, since I run through the completed sprite list every few months, but I can't remember the name or anything else about it. Lol

Edited by DeathCry

Sometimes I wonder thaz too, but I am Eastern Europe and I didn't have much of a problem with catching them.

I definitely hope the new dragon is nothing like a caterpillar. (The lindwurms were majestic and thankfully did not disturb me)

/right after seeing these pictures and being disturbed, I poured out and apply cinnamon muffin mix, only to find a caterpillar/worm/moth larva/demon crawling inside of it. I am absolutely mortified right now

//I'm 20 and had to ask my mother to get rid of it *shudder*

This cracked me up >.<

Gosh! So unlucky! No new dragons for Shokomon! I want one though! This release is turning out the same way as the tsunami release, though I actually missed the tsunami release.... Dang it. I will GET ONE!

I finally caught an egg! After a bazillion x 50 waiting in the hour drops, straight after someone else giving me one too. The biome camping is really enervating. biggrin.gif Two for me.

Edited by glass_kisses

OK, I just learned that it's pointless to try and catch on a Macbook. You have to do Command + R in order to refresh instead of F5. And the refresh speed isn't that great. Guess I'll be waiting till sometime next week to continue the catching attempts.

EDIT: So much for not crowding the aisles...

Edited by warriorjames

Africa here - the infrastructure here just isn't comparable to "First World" countries. You can have the fastest computer ever (in my case a quadcore Android tablet...), but if the internet transfer speed is crappy, your "luck" will also be crappy. wink.gif

OK, I just learned that it's pointless to try and catch on a Macbook. You have to do Command + R in order to refresh instead of F5. And the refresh speed isn't that great. Guess I'll be waiting till sometime next week to continue the catching attempts.

EDIT: So much for not crowding the aisles...

I never use F5. o.o CTRL+R has always worked for me, anyway.

I misclicked a grey.

Deadly Iris bites the egg and it is transformed into a vampire. However, your other dragons become repulsed by the egg and toss it away from you.

*triumph*

Oh, and I got another Black Friday egg. smile.gif

CTRL+R is how I catch my eggies.

On my netbook, when I was over at my dad's, I'd hold CRTL and press F5, then start spam clicking right were an egg would show, F5, click. Then when they stopped dropping, I'd go through all of them to see if I got anything (almost never... xd.png)

Now that I'm on my brother's desktop back at my mom's house, I just use his mouse and the F5 button. And now I go only during the 5 minute drops because, actually, it seems easier to get them at that time. My brother's mouse is a special one that has back and forward buttons on the side, so all I've got to do is click and then press the back button and it'll automatically refresh for me. tongue.gif

I misclicked a grey.

Deadly Iris bites the egg and it is transformed into a vampire. However, your other dragons become repulsed by the egg and toss it away from you.

*triumph*

Ugh, genius. xd.png

-

I don't see why some people say F5 is better? O: To me it just seems slower, but I've never really timed it or anything of such.

Yay I have hatchies. Now off to hoard moar. <3

hehe, good luck! All my Reds are on cooldown from about a week and half ago, so I'm sad about that. I'm basically waiting on my CB Golden Wyvern to hatch in a bit so I can nab another.