TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

I find the 5-minute drops are actually easier, since a good chunk of people ignore them for the hourly drops. But luck plays a huge part in it too, I can't deny =S Hope these don't end up like the Blusangs, with a lot of people missing out. That's not cool.

Still theorize that new releases are getting harder to get because the user-base keeps growing, but the amount of eggs dropped doesn't.

It's confusing to me how I see people complaining about not being able to catch the release, yet when I click their scrolls they've got more than I have. Well, not everyone, but I'm still surprised at the number who DO.

I find the 5-minute drops are actually easier, since a good chunk of people ignore them for the hourly drops. But luck plays a huge part in it too, I can't deny =S Hope these don't end up like the Blusangs, with a lot of people missing out. That's not cool.

Still theorize that new releases are getting harder to get because the user-base keeps growing, but the amount of eggs dropped doesn't.

Yeah, I think that's the problem too. I mean, it's great that all these people are joining but seriously, I'd rather the numbers plateau if the situation keeps going downhill like this. :P

As for the 5 minute drops... I kinda disagree on that. Tried a couple of times and literally, I refresh once and all the eggs are gone. :u Dunno how you guys are seeing more than 3 in each of these drops, tbh.

You're probably right about that.

I think they're also getting harder now because people who caught on the first day have hatchies and can come back for more, so those of us who were waiting for the crazy to die down..well it's not going to die down.

I found it equal when catching in the five and hour drops...and I was lucky enough to have someone donate an egg to me after that I was able to catch a couple which was super surprising since I'd been trying two days and nothing until I was gifted an egg, I suppose the best advice to give is just keep trying?

In any case once they hatch i'll be all too happy to breed for those who don't have any.

Edited by EctoStupor

Nope still nothing that spawn.

It's confusing to me how I see people complaining about not being able to catch the release, yet when I click their scrolls they've got more than I have. Well, not everyone, but I'm still surprised at the number who DO.

Talking about me? xd.png Maybe I just feel the need to collect a large number of them and it isn't working out for me. That's not a crime X'D especially not in this game, where everyone is free to 'hoard' as many as they like.

wow this is crazy you would think after 3 days most people would be scroll locked i know i would normally be but ive only managed 2 eggs and still there are almost 200 people in there at the hour drop this is really cazy

Personally, it's also the way trading is now. I can offer trios and all manner of eggs on trade but often get no offers. Even leaving it wide open as taking any CB hatchy. Yet, gifting threads are still very full. But I've noticed those on them often already have the dragon they are requesting and aren't raising anything. So for me, trades are iffy outside of new releases because it seems like a lot of people don't bother raising hatchies for trade anymore. Instead, they just sit on lists in gifting threads. So, I catch new releases like mad so I can trade as much as I can while they are hot.

Wow, could not pick up a single egg (again) in the hourly! I'm... kinda worried now. :s I mean, I used to be able to pick up eggs earlier quite easily but now it's insanely hard. This makes me worried about future releases, especially the ones I miss the beginning of. I got lucky with this release, I think, but what if releases are increasingly like this? .n.

wow this is crazy you would think after 3 days most people would be scroll locked i know i would normally be but ive only managed 2 eggs and still there are almost 200 people in there at the hour drop this is really cazy

1) There are loooots of players all around the world. People will inevitably come on in masses at different times. 2) Most people who picked up eggs early on in the release probably incubated theirs so they would hatch in 2 days. That means pretty much everyone can hop back into the hunting now.

Kinda surprised that the drops are still happening. Don't new eggs usually calm down within 24 hours of release? o.O At least I remember everyone always packing up their bags and leaving the biomes by that stage.

Personally, it's also the way trading is now. I can offer trios and all manner of eggs on trade but often get no offers. Even leaving it wide open as taking any CB hatchy. Yet, gifting threads are still very full. But I've noticed those on them often already have the dragon they are requesting and aren't raising anything. So for me, trades are iffy outside of new releases because it seems like a lot of people don't bother raising hatchies for trade anymore. Instead, they just sit on lists in gifting threads. So, I catch new releases like mad so I can trade as much as I can while they are hot.

this is sad...I love trading, it's where I got my sweet Vampire, which to me was the rarest dragon I had since for me the Halloween catches were easy, but any dragon I get in trade I love since it's exciting but maybe I'm odd, pity people aren't happier to trade.

this is sad...I love trading, it's where I got my sweet Vampire, which to me was the rarest dragon I had since for me the Halloween catches were easy, but any dragon I get in trade I love since it's exciting but maybe I'm odd, pity people aren't happier to trade.

I love trading, I just get too impatient and give up tongue.gif But trading does give me such a happy feeling inside.

Nope still nothing that spawn.

Talking about me? xd.png Maybe I just feel the need to collect a large number of them and it isn't working out for me. That's not a crime X'D especially not in this game, where everyone is free to 'hoard' as many as they like.

No, not you. Talking about others whose scrolls I was checking because I was gifting.

... I think this years' Halloween release was at least 5x easier than... What ever ball of chaos this is.

Grammar = bad

Edited by YellowTsunami

I barely EVER trade. %15, or less, of my CB dragons are traded, and that majority is only Tsunamis. (the newer ones on my scroll.) But I only go for certain kinds. I don't just jawdrop at rares and then go wild. I think it just depends on what you're putting up if people find it worth trying for - I know that trios, unless CB/low-gen are useless to me right now. >: Especially if messy. In all honesty, I would be more likely to bombard somebody with offers if they had a couple of CB Glories or Sunrises, etc. Uncommon dragons are 'hot' with me right now. Especially Tsunamis, lmaooo. *fail obsession* The quality of a dragon lies in the eye of the beholders, I guess. You should try offering other than rares sometime. :3

... I think this years' Halloween release was at least 5x easier than... What ever ball of chaos this is.

LMAO, of course it is. xd.png I traded three/four of those for a Gold dragon, went back the next day to fill up again, and there were only 10 people on the page at the time. Every egg I leisurely clicked was mine. I'm not sure why, but it could be that more people couldn't be online that day than those who couldn't this week. The 2012 Halloween event was packed with complaints of being unable to make it because they changed plans to be on all day Halloween instead of the pushed date.

-

I don't know how bad it is hunting for the Black Friday eggs now because I've not been hunting for two days, but once my Golden Wyvern hatches in a few hours I'll probably try to snag and gift.

As for the 5 minute drops... I kinda disagree on that. Tried a couple of times and literally, I refresh once and all the eggs are gone. :u Dunno how you guys are seeing more than 3 in each of these drops, tbh.

Think all my eggs but one are from 5-minute drops-- I have no luck at all with the hourly drops. Statistically it makes no sense... better luck with 1 second drops, worse luck with 1 minute long drops? I'm just a freak I guess, lol =(

From recent memory, I think Blusangs, Golden Wyverns, Tsunamis, and Turpentines (for the first couple of days) were the hardest drops. Can't remember if Luminas were or not.. either way, it does look like an unfortunately dismal pattern is starting to emerge. Makes me worried as well.

Such a long time... I quit dragon cave for a year (maybe more) and came back recently, on Friday haha. How it has changed xd.png

I tried to catch the new egg but seems like my internet is not that good anymore (I used to help people get event eggs xd.pngD good old times ) so I just went for other cute dragons. I got a new space on my scroll, maybe I will try again for the new one, in memory of the good old times xd.png

I love trading, I just get too impatient and give up tongue.gif But trading does give me such a happy feeling inside.

I trade a lot on the second day,but I can't get a single offer on the third day.I think they are easier to catch now,but less offer.

I didn't trade until now laugh.gif Trading since it seems I'm destined to not catch any more through the main cave.

... these fellas better be worth the effort! Jokes, I'm sure they are. tongue.gif

Edit: Just to clarify: I don't think I've seen these. I'm assuming they'll be nice. x3

Edited by Varekis

I hear you. I have tried to trade all sorts of goodies--- CB BSAs, Unbreedables, etc.--- and got no takers even when I let them hatch. I've never noticed that about the gifting threads though, but that's probably because I rarely sign up for them. My wishlist is more of a checklist. I wish I'd been smart enough to catch some new eggs to trade and/or gift.

I trade a lot on the second day,but I can't get a single offer on the third day.I think they are easier to catch now,but less offer.

I put my Black Friday up for trade and got two PMs. Even with Brimstones I had five people I ended up trading with. Not to mention I had a thunder, a cheese, and a stripe up for trade, all I got were some hatchling offers dry.gif

Tomorrow is the big day, finally the three hatchlings will tell us what it is (good to figure out what to name it). Oddly they kind of look Halloweenish with colors though.

I hope they have a good name (with Breed Name, comes names and descriptions to be created as well as shaping the nature)

Well for me it'll take a while since mine is still in the hatching stage, but oh well