TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

I don't even SEE anything at the 5 minute drops.

Since it only lasts for a second or two (literally) you have to make sure you've got the time exactly right. I usually start refreshing about 5-10 seconds before, just to make sure that I don't miss it.

Just got my first. I'm happy, they look good.

Edit: Hourly drop gave me nothing. sad.gif

Edited by CatCreature

29 messages of "Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else," and one success biggrin.gif

I really hope they are dropping like this later on today... I found out about them late, so I won't have my first hatchlings (and be unlocked) for a bit... unsure.gif

Still have three hours until the rest of my eggs hatch, but I've got one baby and one egg I managed to snag out of a five-min earlier.

-pokes eggs- Hatch, babies~

Got a second one gifted. Thank you very much!

This is going even harder than other releases before.

Maybe it should be considered to have new releases drop in several biomes, just like Halloweens. Those were so easy to catch it was a lot more fun.

*sniffs the egg* mellow.gif

*sniffs some more from the other side* huh.gif

*sniffs again, this time at the top of the egg* blink.gif

What sorcery is this? Why does this egg not smell?!

Apparently, the olfactory influx has been culled by the Lurkers. xd.png

Sorry but this ^ just made me crack up xd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.png

Something like this definitely ran through my mind when I saw the description for the new dragons, too laugh.gif

gosh, I feel like I'm not playing "catch eggs", but rather "constant refreshes in an empty desert". xd.png

Ahaa, I've felt that way when hunting. xd.png There's really no tact to this, and if you try to apply some, you'll be too slow. o-O

I personally think it's a bit unfair, it'd be better if we had more of a dice thing going just because of these kinds of things.

That way, everyone at least has a CHANCE of possibly getting one.

I mean like, when you try to catch an egg, you roll 1 - 100, and after 1 minute, if no one else rolls higher than what you rolled, you win the egg.

Like, the egg is there and doesn't have a countdown 'til someone clicks it, which leads to them rolling. If they roll it, the countdown starts and everyone has 1 minute to get to the egg and roll for it. It's random, but at least you have a chance if you have a slow typewriter like me. If more than 1 person gets the highest, the roll will reset or maybe a random one between those will get it.

But I guess it's not balanced enough and too complicated and stuff, my suggestions are pretty crappy and only work in my head.

._.

Edited by El1m1n473

I personally think it's a bit unfair, it'd be better if we had more of a dice thing going just because of these kinds of things.

I mean like, when you try to catch an egg, you roll 1 - 100, and after 1 minute, if no one else rolls higher than what you rolled, you win the egg.

Like, the egg is there and doesn't have a countdown 'til someone clicks it, which leads to them rolling. If they roll it, the countdown starts and everyone has 1 minute to get to the egg and roll for it. It's random, but at least you have a chance if you have a slow typewriter like me. If more than 1 person gets the highest, the roll will reset or maybe a random one between those will get it.

But I guess it's not balanced enough and too complicated and stuff, my suggestions are pretty crappy and only work in my head.

._.

I think that would corrode the simplicity of the game, actually. >: They'll moderate soon enough I think, or a new release (HOPEFULLY in another biome, wtf. xd.png; ) will make them momentarily less-grabbed and balance itself out. :3

Managed to catch 4 of new sweeties and accidentally in AP one Magna 2gen egg, decided have it) So I`m quite happy! biggrin.gif

I don't even SEE anything at the 5 minute drops.

That's probably because I'm almost always grabbing the very first egg. xd.png Just once so far was it a different egg than the BFs, a Gray. laugh.gif

Woo! Man, you guys are doing awesome with all those offers! xd.png I've already gotten out several eggs, and now all I've got is my 23rd pair and all of the 25th I'm grabbing. I really hope I can reach 500 dragons in time!

._.

That's not DC,but something else.

I think that would corrode the simplicity of the game, actually. >: They'll moderate soon enough I think, or a new release (HOPEFULLY in another biome, wtf. xd.png; ) will make them momentarily less-grabbed and balance itself out. :3

Well it's not THAT complex.

You roll. If you roll higher than others, you win the egg.

Instead of if you have a good computer, you win the egg. If you don't, you do not win the egg.

Instead of if you have a good computer, you win the egg. If you don't, you do not win the egg.

What happens if two people roll the same? I've seen up to 250 people in the biomes...odds are at least 2 people will roll the same :l

Besides, we have a great gifting culture on here, which ensures people will get eggs one way or another..

I'm just worried how badly they're going to breed...it seems like TJ extended the drop, so they might go on a breeding strike tongue.gif Really want to see them with the black marrows though biggrin.gif

Edited by Emeraldmay

i'm way to slow for these xd.png luckly i managed to breed a few things to offer up for trades so i managed to get a pair

My laptop is older than 5 years. I jaw drop when I see that cheap, modern laptops carry sooo many GBs. I need a new battery and they don't even sell them anymore, so I'm admittedly screwed, but I've been finished Black Friday-egg hunting for two days. wink.gif

I think rolling a dice and being lucky on getting it without much else effort would cause even more problems. If it were that way from the start, then right now we would probably be wishing there were no dice roll, roflmaoo.

What happens if two people roll the same? I've seen up to 250 people in the biomes...odds are at least 2 people will roll the same :l

Besides, we have a great gifting culture on here, which ensures people will get eggs one way or another..

I'm just worried how badly they're going to breed...it seems like TJ extended the drop, so they might go on a breeding strike tongue.gif Really want to see them with the black marrows though biggrin.gif

I had posted this before, like 3 posts above.

._.

But it's not necessary.

I couldn't catch a single one in the caves, so I moved on to the trading forums. If a post tells you to check their signature and you PM them, you'll find a lot of trade options. That's how I got all four of mine - trades.

I had posted this before, like 3 posts above.

The biomes empty in about 2-3 minutes on the hour. Instead of clicking the eggs, people will be clicking on the roll button. 250 people clicking the button at the same time.

Also, if it takes 1 minute to give away 3 eggs, then won't that reduce the amount of eggs given out, so while everyone has an equal chance of getting them, that chance will be very reduced.

Guys whoa off topic.

I finally caught another one during a five minute spawn, shockingly laugh.gif

At every birthday party with about 250 or more people, at least one other person is most likely to have the same birthday as the one being celebrated, so odd are that most likely, the will be two people clicking on the same egg and 'roll the same'. I'd say the server probably picks the IP of who wins randomly from those that click at the exact same time, which is extremely unlikely for people to click at the exact same time. Possibly within milliseconds of each other, but not right at the same time...

Indeed we do! happy.gif

Well, he did say they'd be staying for a while... I'm honestly kind of wondering if they'll even be breedable because of how long they've been around. Most likely they will be breedable, but I've never been here during the release of an unbreedable or something almost impossible to breed like the golds so I could be waaay off there.

I just realized how familiar the S2s look to me...

But it's not necessary.

I couldn't catch a single one in the caves, so I moved on to the trading forums. If a post tells you to check their signature and you PM them, you'll find a lot of trade options. That's how I got all four of mine - trades.

Well, believe it or not, but not all players are actually registered on the forums/IRC and even less are actually active (check my post count).

And, as I mentioned, it is just an idea of what I personally thought would be fair. Not a solid solution I have discussed and thought about a lot to make it perfect.

Also, if it takes 1 minute to give away 3 eggs, then won't that reduce the amount of eggs given out, so while everyone has an equal chance of getting them, that chance will be very reduced.

That depends on how you see it. You could see it as if it's 100 people there, each person has 1% of getting the egg. Or you can see it like I do, 1 person out of 100 people who want the egg has 100% of getting the egg each time which is ridiculous and rather unfair.

Edited by El1m1n473