TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

Misclicked a Moonstone... this is surprisingly a vast improvement on my luck thus far! dry.gif Still zero on the "bagged it myself" tally.

And the AP gets flooded with people dumping low time eggs when there is a new release. So there you go, ready trade fodder for the picking, if grabbing the new release proves to be difficult. Having a few reds on hand for incubating is a great idea too.

This, too. And having reds gives you 24 hours you can remove from any eggs. So you can grab 5 day eggs and make them ER and all you have to do then is hatch them.

I've gotten very good trades for common hatchlings/a few rare ones that I bred for myself and didn't really want, but I think the majority of people wanting hatchlings will only wait so long, ahaa. Especially if all your Reds are on cooldown. whyyy.

When getting those kinds of trades, I find it's mostly about timing - just happening to have a boatload of hatchlings or low time eggs when you see a trade you like.

True, true. I've gotten at least three Lurkers that way, and that's exactly what I'm doing right now.

And the AP gets flooded with people dumping low time eggs when there is a new release. So there you go, ready trade fodder for the picking, if grabbing the new release proves to be difficult. Having a few reds on hand for incubating is a great idea too.

I have to say that I never see low times, unless they just restore when I pick them up, lmao. Though, I have to say that I don't pick things up in the AP when there are new releases, mainly because I need the spaces for myself, lmao. xd.png; I've already gotten my fill of the new release on the first day. An influenced pair is good enough for me for now, and another influenced pair for a friend who wasn't/still isn't on to see the new release. :3 I'd like for the people here having all this trouble to get at least one. >:

I'm usually more willing to have 'trade fodder' AFTER my own new release eggs have hatched, because there's really no reason for me to trade right now. :3 I do personally like breeding my own dragons for hatchling trades because the most desireable ones people like that I have are either CB or lineaged, so that has always sweetened the deals for me. xd.png

True, true. I've gotten at least three Lurkers that way, and that's exactly what I'm doing right now.

That sounds excellent. biggrin.gif Good luck, I'm glad it's working. That new Halloween release for me was just a disaster, LMAO. Not even all of my spaces were open at the pre-release time, which belated the hatching of the previous years' Halloweens for me, so I was rushing to get the new ones. o.o;

Edited by Momo

Still no luck. I might as well just give up and breed eggs to trade for these dry.gif

The eggs are so pretty, I want one so bad but the drops are like 2 seconds and fighting over 1 or 2 eggs on that 2 second drop with 120 people isnt easy. Does anybody have advice maybe? How do you guys have 7 of these? tongue.gif

Day two and a half and still none. Have they already fully mixed with other eggs now, or still going strong? If they mixed I won't bother and I'll just put my whole scrolls worth of babies up for trade, but since there seems to be slightly less people in the desert, maybe I'll have a chance....

Day two and a half and still none. Have they already fully mixed with other eggs now, or still going strong? If they mixed I won't bother and I'll just put my whole scrolls worth of babies up for trade, but since there seems to be slightly less people in the desert, maybe I'll have a chance....

They are still going strong.

AAWWWW YYEEEEAAAAHHH! I got my 2nd and 3rd egg! biggrin.gif I'm happy now ^^

Good luck to everyone who hasn't gotten one yet! smile.gif I know how tough it is to get one with 100+ others going for 'em blink.gif It made me dizzy just trying to keep up with the clock!

Still no luck. I might as well just give up and breed eggs to trade for these  dry.gif 

The eggs are so pretty, I want one so bad but the drops are like 2 seconds and fighting over 1 or 2 eggs on that 2 second drop with 120 people isnt easy. Does anybody have advice maybe? How do you guys have 7 of these?  tongue.gif

Hmm, for some reason I find that it's much harder today than yesterday - despite competing with 300+ people on the same page, I'd been able to get four. o-O I decided to just forget it and let others get their fill.

Some people I know have said something about trying the Safari browser for quicker refresh, maybe? I use FF so I don't know if that would increase chances or not. xd.png Though, I always had the ND Clicksite open to time the seconds and when I would have to prepare.

In my opinion, skipping the 5-minute drops is NOT worth it. >w> The hour drop is much worse. A lot more people/lag/wait and pressure.

I'd like to breed and gift them to people who have none, but something tells me that mine won't breed the first time. xd.png; I'm sure a lot of people plan to breed these the very moment they mature.

In my opinion, skipping the 5-minute drops is NOT worth it. >w> The hour drop is much worse. A lot more people/lag/wait and pressure.

This. Most of the ones I've caught were on the five minutes ones. On the big drops my internet starts lagging and I can kiss my chance to catch these guys goodbye.

Still no luck. I might as well just give up and breed eggs to trade for these dry.gif

The eggs are so pretty, I want one so bad but the drops are like 2 seconds and fighting over 1 or 2 eggs on that 2 second drop with 120 people isnt easy. Does anybody have advice maybe? How do you guys have 7 of these? tongue.gif

I'm happily locked with 5 from the day of the release, and this is how I got mine.

Refresh as soon as you hit the page, and then hit the refresh button or do F5 as fast as you can twice. As soon as you've refreshed a second time, click the center egg IMMEDIATELY. Don't wait at all, or you'll lose your chance. This usually gets me the egg, but it does fail. It's about a 75 to 25 ratio of successful grabs to failures.

I don't really know what else to say, since I've never really done anything special to catch eggs. I don't turn images off, or shift click for new tabs, or use a special browser. I'm using Internet Explorer 8 on a two year old laptop, and I do just fine. So.... unsure.gif

Whoa. Awesome. xd.png

I wish I had caught it sad.gif Unfortunately, the cave was lagging awfully for me. Congrats to whoever that got it and I hope that one day, I will be able to get an egg from that guy.

These are not limited correct? they will be around all year long?

According to the very first post by TJ, yes.

ARGHHHHH. *bans self from cave for awhile* So frustrating! Time to do... something else.