TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Finally got 2 brine eggs Yay!!

Now i can go to sleep my hunting is done

who said catching brines was now easier

you LIED

still hunting for my first......

I also like this story. It'd be interesting if one got a mother dragon's perspective as well, so I'll write it here.

She nested among the sands, occasionally shifting the dead grass, making sure that all of her eggs had enough heat and attention. No humans had ventured thus far before, so unlike her unlucky friends, she still had no concerns about her eggs being stolen.

They were her first batch-three perfect, if rather small, eggs with pearly blue and black marks that matched her own patterns. The mostly tan shells would shield them from unfriendly eyes, she hoped.

She licked her jaws-her mate was often late, and as both of them were young and inexperienced, usually came back with small or underfed fish. She hated to leave her eggs behind. She had heard stories from her other friends of eggs disappearing, stolen by other dragons, or even worse, humans. She growled at the thought of her precious young raised without the knowledge of their clan-or, even in some cases, deliberately broken, and even worse, BITTEN by those foul vampires. Her friend the Daydream had that done to her offspring once. Just because, it seemed, the human had not wanted it. Her precious egg was now an unthinking, mindless killer.

She looked at her eggs, covered them up securely, then flew off. She was hungry. It'd take just a minute, after all.

-----------------------

The fish were hard to find. This was strange-they were often nearer to the shore, unless they've been frightened by something. There was no sign of a storm, and the tsunami dragons have been quiet lately, hiding in the deeps, as more and more humans hunted for their eggs. She saw a group of Water dragons, all swimming like crazy towards the deeps. Her heart sank.

When she returned to her nest, all of her eggs but one were gone. Her mate looked battered and crestfallen.

"Humans. I couldn't fight them off. There were at least a hundred of them, and at least 50 kept coming every 5 minutes. I'm sorry."

They nuzzled together, curling their tails around their last egg.

Gaah. Badly put together. But you get the gist.

Tis excellent. Me likely ^^

you LIED

This...

you LIED

well to some people it is easier, to me

it is way better then it was before,

like more then 200 people were at the Coast to get Brine eggs

and now it went down a bunch of people, now it was 83 so that's

why it is so much easier

Tis excellent. Me likely ^^

Thanks! biggrin.gif Yours were fantastic, too!

Edited by ylangylang

Caught my second musty egg smile.gif

I'm going to wake up early tomorrow and have another go, the coasts starting to get more crowded :L

My Brines just hatched. shjsdfghggsgs they're so pretty<3

...and I misclicked a Waverunner. /facepalm

...and my Vamp failed to transform it. /double facepalm

My best friend just caught her second Brine, and what's more is that she's promised to trade it to me so I can have a pair! wub.gif Of course, we're off into town to shop now, so I can see who's going to be picking up the lunch bill. Worth it. biggrin.gif

Good luck to everyone still fighting for the pretties! smile.gif

...and I misclicked a Waverunner. /facepalm

...and my Vamp failed to transform it. /double facepalm

XDDDD

Same exact thing just happened to me an hour ago. X\

you LIED

me too have catched 0 Brine eggs sad.gif

You know, I've been thinking about this whole "Dragon Cave getting more members, so the drops are getting harder" thing. It's true, there are a lot more forum accounts than before, but how many of those people actually played more than a week or two? How many of them are secondary accounts because people had some sort of problem with their primary (pretty sure I had three Ultima forum accounts at one point, since I'm a champion username/password forgetter)?

Logically, if a certain rough percentage of DC players also use the forum and/or hatchery fansites, then the more active DC players there are, the more active forum users there should be. The easiest way to track this -- at least as someone who has no access to server data, heh -- is just to look at the view numbers on TJ's own dragons. Each new dragon is posted to the news thread; forum users view the sprites; sprite views only increment until the dragon is frozen or reaches adulthood. TJ doesn't need to fog his dragons for sickness, so the sprites are never prevented from gaining views during the growth process.

So the more players there are, the more forum/fansite users there are likely to be, and the more forum/fansite users there are, the more unique views TJ's sprites should accumulate. By extension, we can tentatively judge the growth of the player pool by comparing view counts for past releases.

"Musty" ankle-biter (one day short of full view count)

Unique Views: 9566

(Views taper off sharply a couple of days after first posting, so this may or may not reach the number below)

Gold-Horned Tangar, from about a year ago:

Unique Views: 10615

Purple Ridgewing, from a year before that:

Unique Views: 9334

Honestly, not such a vast difference that it should impact egg catching in any extreme fashion, even if you scale up to ten times as many total players as players who use the forum.

Did I have a point here? I think I did when I started typing, heh. But now, like my ability to stay awake for another drop, it is gone. laugh.gif Time for bed.

I totally agree! My own theory is that we have roughly the same numbers of players, which means roughly the same number of all dragons dropping overall... So as we get more species, each one gets a smaller share of the overall dragon population. Thus the commons/others will mix in faster each time. That makes sense to me! Especially if the new one is going to be uncommon (presumably like the Brines) but even the other two (presumably common) were already mixing when I started hunting in the morning on the first day.

Personally, I love the fast-moving biomes at new releases and always hope they don't slow down for awhile... There is a much better chance of catching any rares and uncommons! I only ever see metallics in the cave during new releases. I remember Ice eggs were almost like commons during the Alpine release. I'd never seen so many before! I get a lot more frustrated with the slow moving biomes where you can sit there forever refreshing the same three eggs. I like the thrill of the hard to catch biggrin.gif

you LIED

I don't know - I think it's *easier* - but that doesn't actually mean it's easy though!

Saying that, I just caught my second brine - and it was the first brine egg I clicked on today biggrin.gif Good luck to you guys that are still hunting smile.gif

Omg I misclicked again. On a Water Horse, because in its description "blue" looked like "brine". I'm blind. /headdesk

I'm going to keep the egg anyway.

This game seems to try to to tell me to stop hunting in the Coast or what.

And I've just realized that lineages made of Brine x Rancid or Tsunami x Rancid pairs would be pretty.

After 6 hour trying to get my first brine (Lol , some people already have 5 , tell me your secret how you get them ;d ), it's time to give up for today . I'll see if i have better luck tomorrow ^^

you LIED

Same here. I've seen plenty, but still get that same sad sorry message. sad.gif

Slightly less than a day until TJ's grow up. (I think?)

I am looking forward to seeing the adults, and have been trying to think of names for mine. So far I've only got ideas for the rancids, but maybe it will be easier once the dragon names are confirmed/revealed.

I'm also noticing that the rancids/yellow eggs seem to be harder to hatch than the others. I hope they'll still hatch with more views; I may need to get them a few more clicks.

Finally snapped up my 3rd Brine! It's going to be a gift to someone I promised an egg to as she doesn't even have one yet. All of my eggs should hatch today, so I'll be able to hunt for more of all of the new eggs. And yeah, I can't wait to see the adults! It always seems to take TJ's babies forever to grow up. xd.png

Less people might be sitting in coast lookign for brines, but that also means less people clearing the commons.

Last 'drop' I saw, was locked by commons from 10.50 all the way through to 11.17. I'm guessing everyone was out to lunch, or still in bed smile.gif

Well done I guess, to those skiled and lucky enough to have caught 6, 7 or even 8 brines already. Many of us still have none, myself included :/

So close to adults!

Dismal attempt at trying to catch a second brine, as expected (might have to resort to trading again /shivers). Got a rancid instead and a black from an IOU came in so now I'm locked out of further attempts until some time tomorrow. Not likely that my egg slot would feel much fuller if this IOU didn't come through anyway. ;)

Brines, y u be so hard. D:

Edited by Varekis

BD71's manual on the hatching of rancid eggs: Just give it a gentle tap with the 'HATCHNAOYOULITTLEMONSTER!' stick, and will be well. If one drops below the 4 day mark, gently place it in Jaemeia's ER or an extra hatchery (I use 3 to grow them at a normal rate), and it should hatch just fine. Mine didn't give me any trouble. The one this morning? Stubborn little...Yeah. xd.png