TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Do rancids hatch at certain times only?

Cause my two have both over 2 900 view now and don't hatch... ohmy.gif

I think Rancids need more clicks to hatch than the Brines and Musty's. My Rancid egg has 9 clicks and 1,600 views, and it's on the stage 3 cracking.

Aarrrrgghh! Why!? WHY ME?! This is the third day of non stop egg hunting and I DON'T HAVE ONE BRINE!

And I just know two Rancids won't be enough for trading for one Brine >.< I so hope no future releases will prove to be this hard...

I think Rancids need more clicks to hatch than the Brines and Musty's. My Rancid egg has 9 clicks and 1,600 views, and it's on the stage 3 cracking.

My Rancid Egg hatched with these stats - Views: 1,789 UV: 699 Clicks:6

It had approximately 3 days, 23 hours, and 20 minutes left, too. Rancids took longer than my Musty eggs to hatch. They remind me of Lumina dragons.

Still not a brine in sight for me... :/ I wish my F5 button actually worked so I didn't have to constantly move the mouse around off the spots where the eggs are =.=

/frustration/

Aaand there goes the 1AM Drop.

>taps on all the Brine eggs like mad

>"sorry this egg has been taken by someone else"

>literally 10 times in a row, and I missed a Paper. aaarghhhh

Edited by TaiomiFox

Woot woot! Finally! I've been hunting forEVER! And with a grand total of five or six misclicks finally got one of each!

I think my favorite egg is the Briney. There's just something about it that's so pretty!

And yeah, I was having the same problem! I kept getting distracted by all the day/night drake eggs I was seeing while hunting for mustys.

Still didn't get a 2nd brine.

Even though I click directly after refreshing, the message says the egg has already been taken...

Do rancids hatch at certain times only?

Cause my two have both over 2 900 view now and don't hatch...  ohmy.gif

Mine have around 1800 views, 500 uv and 2-3 clicks. They're on their first and second cracking stage, and one "rancid" is going to hatch in around 3 hours (incubated). I can't wait for it, squee<3

I should agree they're more lazy than brines and mustys anyway.

I forgot that i was egg-locked (Got a paper egg last time while hunting for brines) , went to the coast ,started clicking on brines and 3 out of 6 brines gave me "you are already overburdened and decide not to stress yourself by taking this egg" message . Why did i have to be egg-locked ??

Oh , just bad luck .

Finally got my second brine *hugs it and kisses it*

Now I can rest. *sighs and goes off to eat a very early dinner*

I have a new tale to tell.

Cadifor ran briskly up a steep hill. He and the rest of the scouts had been ordered by Primiserius to survey the land around. There was too much activity reported by the day patrol - the situation had to be investigated.

He reached the peak of the hill and was immediately hit by a strong gust of salty wind. He strained to keep his eyes open against the wind, squinting down at the stony beach below. Here, it sounded like a full out war. Indeed, it was a war - about a hundred people seemed to be fighting over something. A few ran away and Cadifor saw they were carrying something. He looked harder; they seemed like another new species of egg. He growled. Instead of allowing the population to settle, these humans were fighting to grab one for themselves. Cadifor had experienced a similar scene a few days ago, except on a much smaller scale. He knew what he had to do.

He reared up on his hind legs, stretching out his wings and letting out an almost otherworldly screech. The people below almost instantly stopped their fight, looking up at where the sound had come from. A few started to edge away; Cadifor assumed they had seen him before. He roared again and leaped down to the beach below.

The side of the hill facing the sea had been worn down to a sheer cliff. Cadifor landed on all fours, staggering slightly but otherwise unharmed. The people nearest to him scrambled for safety at the sight of a wild dragon seemingly attacking them from above. Others stood their ground, trying to hide their fear and ready to run if the dragon showed any aggression. Cadifor hated that - he wanted them gone. An arched neck, a snap and a hiss sent them running for their lives. He continued to stalk slowly towards the water, where he could now see a single pearly egg. He glanced around, seeing the last few people dissapearing into the trees. He placed a clawed paw gently on the egg, turning it over. He examined its gleaming blue and black pattern; definitly a new species. Just like the last egg, he would take it back to the clan, away from the rush of egg-hunters. Cadifor traced the delicate black line with a talon. 'Where did you come from, and what are you?'

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Cadifor ran briskly up a steep hill. He and the rest of the scouts had been ordered by Primiserius to survey the land around. There was too much activity reported by the day patrol - the situation had to be investigated.

He reached the peak of the hill and was immediately hit by a strong gust of salty wind. He strained to keep his eyes open against the wind, squinting down at the stony beach below. Here, it sounded like a full out war. Indeed, it was a war - about a hundred people seemed to be fighting over something. A few ran away and Cadifor saw they were carrying something. He looked harder; they seemed like another new species of egg. He growled. Instead of allowing the population to settle, these humans were fighting to grab one for themselves. Cadifor had experienced a similar scene a few days ago, except on a much smaller scale. He knew what he had to do.

He reared himself up on his hind legs, stretching out his wings and letting out an almost otherworldly screech. The people below almost instantly stopped their fight, looking up at where the sound had come from. A few started to edge away; Cadifor assumed they had seen him before. He roared again and leaped down to the beach below.

The side of the hill facing the sea had been worn down to a sheer cliff. Cadifor landed on all fours, staggering slightly but otherwise unharmed. The people nearest to him scrambled for safety at the sight of a wild dragon seemingly attacking them from above. Others stood their ground, trying to hide their fear and ready to run if the dragon showed any aggression. Cadifor hated that - he wanted them gone. An arched neck, a snap and a hiss sent them running for their lives. He continued to stalk slowly towards the water, where he could now see a single pearly egg. He glanced around, seeing the last few people dissapearing into the trees. He placed a clawed paw gently on the egg, turning it over. He examined its gleaming blue and black pattern; definitly a new species. Just like the last egg, he would take it back to the clan, away from the rush of egg-hunters. Cadifor traced the delicate black line with a talon. 'Where did you come from, and what are you?'

I do like that story, but i kind of feel guilty for snatching away babies from the mother.

I do like that story, but i kind of feel guilty for snatching away babies from the mother.

Oh yes, and so would I. I'm merely telling it from the dragon's perspective tongue.gif

Now the cave wont load for me. This batch is too hard to catch. This game is supposed to be fun, not start fury headaches, LOL

Oh yes, and so would I. I'm merely telling it from the dragon's perspective tongue.gif

I like that story a lot :3

Though the cave isn't loading as well as it could be, catching brines has become much easier^^

Though the cave isn't loading as well as it could be, catching brines has become much easier^^

It is.

I just got one without really trying. Really? I couldn't get even one before and now that I have my pair I get one on the 2nd try?

Sooo.. I have a Brine egg up for gifting (in 5 hours) to anyone who hasn't already one. (PM with scroll link and no fogged egg/hatchies please.)

Fastest one gets it^^

Edited by IsmaielDeath

I got the rancid and musty eggs pretty quick. But it seems impossible to get brine eggs. First time in years, that I have had problems getting eggs.

Hm I take back what I said. Is any one else able to load the cave? it stopped working for some reason...maybe its just me :/

Hm I take back what I said. Is any one else able to load the cave? it stopped working for some reason...maybe its just me :/

It works fine for me.

It works fine for me.

Weird...well il keep trying I guess. Hopefully get another brine too.

Finally, FINALLY caught 2 brine eggs just now. I had to use the house computer which is newer/faster than my laptop and is hard-wired to the router. Guess that was the secret!

He reared up on his hind legs, stretching out his wings and letting out an almost otherworldly screech. The people below almost instantly stopped their fight, looking up at where the sound had come from. A few started to edge away; Cadifor assumed they had seen him before. He roared again and leaped down to the beach below.

I also like this story. It'd be interesting if one got a mother dragon's perspective as well, so I'll write it here.

She nested among the sands, occasionally shifting the dead grass, making sure that all of her eggs had enough heat and attention. No humans had ventured thus far before, so unlike her unlucky friends, she still had no concerns about her eggs being stolen.

They were her first batch-three perfect, if rather small, eggs with pearly blue and black marks that matched her own patterns. The mostly tan shells would shield them from unfriendly eyes, she hoped.

She licked her jaws-her mate was often late, and as both of them were young and inexperienced, usually came back with small or underfed fish. She hated to leave her eggs behind. She had heard stories from her other friends of eggs disappearing, stolen by other dragons, or even worse, humans. She growled at the thought of her precious young raised without the knowledge of their clan-or, even in some cases, deliberately broken, and even worse, BITTEN by those foul vampires. Her friend the Daydream had that done to her offspring once. Just because, it seemed, the human had not wanted it. Her precious egg was now an unthinking, mindless killer.

She looked at her eggs, covered them up securely, then flew off. She was hungry. It'd take just a minute, after all.

-----------------------

The fish were hard to find. This was strange-they were often nearer to the shore, unless they've been frightened by something. There was no sign of a storm, and the tsunami dragons have been quiet lately, hiding in the deeps, as more and more humans hunted for their eggs. She saw a group of Water dragons, all swimming like crazy towards the deeps. Her heart sank.

When she returned to her nest, all of her eggs but one were gone. Her mate looked battered and crestfallen.

"Humans. I couldn't fight them off. There were at least a hundred of them, and at least 50 kept coming every 5 minutes. I'm sorry."

They nuzzled together, curling their tails around their last egg.

Gaah. Badly put together. But you get the gist.

Edited by ylangylang