TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Ok, I have a question. Everyone is saying, "Ctrl click on the eggs!" but every time I try to do so I get "Sorry, you can only view this page from within the site. If you believe you have reached this page in error, see the help section." What's up with that?

Means your browser isn't sending the referral, so it can't tell if you typed the link in manually or not. Try using chrome.

does anyone else have the problem with Firefox where it randomly decides to screw with the formatting? I've missed at least ten eggs because it decided that it wanted to load the page horizontally.

I finally managed to get a rancid egg! No such with brine and musty :/ It'll be months before I get a brine, everyone wants them!

Thanks for the release TJ!

Reminder:

Questions not related to the New Release belong in Help and are considered spam in the news thread.

Edited by rubyshoes

Another trick that has been very useful for me (in addition to those saying to disable javascript and ctrl+click) is to open the mobile version of the site in your browser and hunt from there. The site design is simple and refreshes very quickly.

I've been hunting brines since the release first started without any luck - after switching to the mobile site, I caught one within 10 minutes.

well, i now use the ctrl and successfully get the musty!!

as same as the others, i have zero brine ....

cant wait and see will i be able to catch one pair... unsure.gif

Means your browser isn't sending the referral, so it can't tell if you typed the link in manually or not. Try using chrome.

Ctrl click works on Firefox, thanks. And thanks to me trying to test it, I'm locked with a Waterwalker. dry.gif

I now have a pair of each of the new eggs (and yet another misclick).

What is with me misclicking Seawyrms while trying to get Brines? xd.png

I kept clicking them too. I never actually got one, but I kept clicking them when I was still hunting. I think it's the "ine" n brine and shine.

Aaand, another bust <.<. I am beginning to get the feeling that I am not meant to have a CB pair. Well, I'll stay up a touch longer before going to bed.

does anyone else have the problem with Firefox where it randomly decides to screw with the formatting? I've missed at least ten eggs because it decided that it wanted to load the page horizontally.

YES!!!

I hate it. It loads for a second, gets the weird formatting, by the time its fixed I missed the drop dry.gif

YES!!!

I hate it. It loads for a second, gets the weird formatting, by the time its fixed I missed the drop dry.gif

Well, I use opera, with javascript and animated pictures turned off.

Then position my cursor at rightmost egg when hourly comes.

Use lil scroll in wheel when clicking and constant refreshing.

And wahla a brand new brine egg.

Recently, I haven't been getting them, though, due to how many commons are mixed in with it. It's like 1:6..

i'v hit the 10 hour mark, my eyes are blood shot and i haven't got any brimes yet

except for 1 Musty and was extremely lucky to get one

i guess i wont be getting any T^T

I kept clicking them too. I never actually got one, but I kept clicking them when I was still hunting. I think it's the "ine" n brine and shine.

Yeah that's what I thought too, so I started focusing on the word "Faintly" but my mind won't let me NOT focus on the word Brine. So I still end up misclicking them. xd.png

I still love the hunt though. biggrin.gif

I am waiting for my Rancids to hatch, and they're currently at the s3 cracking. If they go 5 more minutes, I'll add them to a couple ERs, just because I want them to hatch now!

I am waiting for my Rancids to hatch, and they're currently at the s3 cracking. If they go 5 more minutes, I'll add them to a couple ERs, just because I want them to hatch now!

Lucky~! I have to wait 3 more hours since I caught them 3 hours after the release!

Just woke up , hope i have better luck than yesterday. Tho im quite sure i end up with nothing xd.png

But I'll try to get myself a brine. I would be happy with just one.

Wow... I guess I got lucky Lol. I was just looking in the AP and *Boom* a Musty was there ohmy.gif So I was fast enough to get it. There was another one (not sure of the name again, the gold one? I was scroll locked or it wouldve been mine. >:D I feel bad I didnt put much effort into getting one though. 3:

*sits back and enjoys the now cracking musty egg with only 8 hours left before it hatches*

yup! lifes good!

Obviously it has to be named after one of my ferrets, it IS a must filled stinker!

*just like my darling ferrets*

yup! lifes good!

if i had another red to warm my musty

it would've hatched already

and i would've had space for another brine

i am such an idiot

Makes me wonder, all of my reds are on CD right now, but if you do a trade with someone, do you think that incubating and then trading back would work?

I incubated my musty, i got it yesterday and it hatches sometime tomorrow at about...6 AM?

Makes me wonder, all of my reds are on CD right now, but if you do a trade with someone, do you think that incubating and then trading back would work?

I incubated my musty, i got it yesterday and it hatches sometime tomorrow at about...6 AM?

If you mean giving the egg to someone so they can incubate it and send it back, no. All BSA's wear off on teleport

Now if they incubated it and it could hatch, they could send you the hatchling back.

Edited by ainisarie

I think incubating is nullified by a teleport same as an Influence.

On the subject of hatching, does it seem like the Sulfur egg takes longer to hatch than the others? My Sulfur is at 4d3h with ten more UVs than my Musty and hasn't cracked, while my Musty is at 5d3h and is at the third stage of cracking already.

Edited by SplashRaptor

if you do a trade with someone, do you think that incubating and then trading back would work?

incubate wears off during teleport (I think), but you could have someone hatch it???

the longest hour is the one waiting for eggs to hatch *sighs*, I really should be in bed rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Yeah that's what I thought too, so I started focusing on the word "Faintly" but my mind won't let me NOT focus on the word Brine. So I still end up misclicking them. xd.png

I still love the hunt though. biggrin.gif

Try focusing on the word "smells." The only other dragon with a "smells" description that drops in the coast are cheese dragons, and they have a much larger chunk of text before the smells part. smile.gif