TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

I think incubating is nullified by a teleport same as an Influence.

On the subject of hatching, does it seem like the Sulfur egg takes longer to hatch than the others? My Sulfur is at 4d3h with ten more UVs than my Musty and hasn't cracked, while my Musty is at 5d3h and is at the third stage of cracking already.

I don't know about that. My musty has JUST stared hatching now at 4d 8 hours and it has 1,628 views... it only has a 1st stage crack

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Try focusing on the word "smells." The only other dragon with a "smells" description that drops in the coast are cheese dragons, and they have a much larger chunk of text before the smells part. smile.gif

But like I said, no matter what word I try to focus on, my mind will still focus on "Brine" because it knows I don't want to. Heh. laugh.gif

I can still catch them [brines], it just takes more effort and a lot of waiting. XP

Sacrificed a rancid caught at the day the new eggs were released

Caught a brine, would've caught three more if i wasn't overburdened

^^

Edit: People, the text isn't that big. Read the whole thing. I've got glasses and can make a fine point between any eggs. It only takes 1 millisecond longer.

Or downsize your screen.

Edited by Cefie

*Flails* Adsfjkl I MISSED THEM AGAIN! Been hunting nearly three days non-stop now and STILL NO BRINES!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Been trying every hour(or almost every hour since I have been having a hard time on call) for more than a day now and all I got were four commons. *quits trying*

I haven't seen any brines. I got one but I'm beginning to despair, LOL I love the cheese I clicked by mistake though. I got a cheese during the last release too, SO FUNNY.

Here's what I've been doing:

I ONLY catch them at the hourly drops from now on. I don't even bother with the 5minute, it's just too much work.

I'm using Opera, with the pictures and javascript turned off.

Then, when the hourly comes, I log in like 5 mins before and just go to the coast, browse, make sure I have a space free, and the instant it hits :00 I start refreshing. I just keep refreshing until the eggs show up (like 4 minutes later, curse you eggs!) and when I do, my internet/browser is nearly perfect.

When I click on the eggs, the cursor is positioned right over the spot where the egg to the far right is, and the instant eggs show up I start clicking with the little wheel inside my mouse. If you have a laptop, you have to like right-click or something, I don't know. However, I don't just madly click. I also look. It's quite easy, you just have to look at the description of the egg your cursor is pointing at. And keep refreshing each time you click. If you're a generally good clicker and have sharp eyes, you should be able to get one.

Before I tried opera, I tried mozilla and chrome. They were horrible.

My Rancids took almost an extra hour, and were in Valley Sherwood, AoND, EATW and Silvi's. The numbers are 2,992/600/4, 3,494/620/6 and 3,631/627/6, definitely more than my average egg needs.

However, I'm also unlocked now, so I rejoin the Brinie hunt! wink.gif

My Rancids took almost an extra hour, and were in Valley Sherwood, AoND, EATW and Silvi's. The numbers are 2,992/600/4, 3,494/620/6 and 3,631/627/6, definitely more than my average egg needs.

However, I'm also unlocked now, so I rejoin the Brinie hunt! wink.gif

My Musty eggs hatched right on time. The rancid ones are evil. One of mine has over 600 UVs and is at 3 d 23 h and still wont hatch.

My Rancids also took an extra hour to hatch. The second one, I had to throw into a couple of extra ERs when it hit 3d 23hrs.

Caught another Brine, and another Musty, which means I am locked again for 13 more hours until my other eggs hatch, so I think it's time to call it a night.

Good luck to those still hunting well into the night!

This is why I always spam my eggs with views at 7 days, so they always have plenty of views to hatch right at 4d. ^^

I caught mine a day late, as the releases always catch me egglocked AND 21/21. >.< But I got two of each today, and now awaiting the sprite prettiness. Only one whole day + 5 more hours of anticipation left! biggrin.gif

Congrats to the spriters whos art made it into the cave!

I am gloriously locked with musties and rancids. I think I shall now go to bed, since there's not much more damage I can do to my scroll this late at night. xd.png

Good night, and good luck with the brines. I see more dropping on the hour drops now. Y'all are welcome to them. *huggles her adorable rancid babies*

Edited by blackdragon71

I finally caught a Brine egg! On the 5 minute drop too. I would have caught another one if I hadn't misclicked on the Deep Ocean egg.

I HAZ A HATCHLING! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

I shall hug it and squeeze it and call it... hmm... okay, I haven't thought that far ahead yet. Need to find out what type of dragons these new releases turn out to be, first!

I don't mean to complain, but as dragoncave gets more and more people, the new releases get harder and harder to get, especially when the biomes move slowly. I actually miss the days where the new eggs dropped for several days with no other eggs around.

Agreed happy.gif

A few more days of purely new eggs dropping would be greatly welcomed. Lol. *Seriously xP*

Sometimes I do feel it would be nice for Dragcave to have releases more often, but I always forget how much trouble it is to get a new pair. Now that I wasn't online for the first day, I'm glad that releases come about at their random, split up intervals. At least I wouldn't be losing my head every week 6.o

*Now to try catching my first Brine again*

Edited by DeathCry

I couldn't catch one eighter so far.

Is it just me, or do the rancids need more views than other species to hatch?

I got 2 of them, both are on 3h 21 and have over 2 600 views - still they do not hatch.

Still no brine...

It is said that the brine one may be as rare as nebula and black on wiki.

I think that's why everyone is crazy for it.

Got another Brine at the hourly drop, properly influenced to have a pair <3

Edit:

It seems like everyone is having a lot of trouble getting a Brine :/

The first Brine egg I click on, I get, even when i'm egglocked, I still get the "overburdened" message. If I had more room, I would gladly catch one for those who cannot get one^^

Edited by Tazzay

You know, I've been thinking about this whole "Dragon Cave getting more members, so the drops are getting harder" thing. It's true, there are a lot more forum accounts than before, but how many of those people actually played more than a week or two? How many of them are secondary accounts because people had some sort of problem with their primary (pretty sure I had three Ultima forum accounts at one point, since I'm a champion username/password forgetter)?

Logically, if a certain rough percentage of DC players also use the forum and/or hatchery fansites, then the more active DC players there are, the more active forum users there should be. The easiest way to track this -- at least as someone who has no access to server data, heh -- is just to look at the view numbers on TJ's own dragons. Each new dragon is posted to the news thread; forum users view the sprites; sprite views only increment until the dragon is frozen or reaches adulthood. TJ doesn't need to fog his dragons for sickness, so the sprites are never prevented from gaining views during the growth process.

So the more players there are, the more forum/fansite users there are likely to be, and the more forum/fansite users there are, the more unique views TJ's sprites should accumulate. By extension, we can tentatively judge the growth of the player pool by comparing view counts for past releases.

"Musty" ankle-biter (one day short of full view count)

Unique Views: 9566

(Views taper off sharply a couple of days after first posting, so this may or may not reach the number below)

Gold-Horned Tangar, from about a year ago:

Unique Views: 10615

Purple Ridgewing, from a year before that:

Unique Views: 9334

Honestly, not such a vast difference that it should impact egg catching in any extreme fashion, even if you scale up to ten times as many total players as players who use the forum.

Did I have a point here? I think I did when I started typing, heh. But now, like my ability to stay awake for another drop, it is gone. laugh.gif Time for bed.

Edited by Evilminion

^ I applaud your observation there, Evilminion.