TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Still no luck with brines.

-please don't request eggs in this thread, see the gifting threads in the trading subforum-

Edited by rubyshoes

Well, it seems the coast is getting more popular now. Maybe too popular. I wonder how long this will keep up.

Still no Brines >.< I caught a Rancid egg though...

There is much rejoicing amongst the Herachus.

Now I just need to stalk the Coast... at least there are less people than there were two days ago... Gone from about 215 + to about 80. Still a lot of people to compete for over one egg...

Lag strikes again! Bah!

Just something I remembered... if they are this popular, when they mature there is likely going to be a lot of breeding... keep an eye on the AP... >:3

Got 2 of each...is happy. I can't wait to see what they look like when they adult.

That's it, I'm done hunting brines. I filled up my only free slot with a rancid to complete my pair. I'm not setting foot in the coast for a while.

I've never had so much trouble grabbing a new release. I got two of the musty eggs, 1 of the rancid and ZERO brines. STILL, and I've been trying constantly. From the looks of the thread, it seems I'm not alone. I can usually get at least a pair of each new release. Not so much this time!

Oh well, I guess I'll wait a month til the hype dies down. Or go catch a CB Gold so I can barter for a brine. Ah ha, yeah right!! xd.pngrolleyes.gif

*wipes sweat from brow* Snagged the last brine of the 10 p.m. drop. That has to have been one of the toughest hunts I've ever had here.

Other than bribing a friend with a broadband connection to let you camp on their couch with your laptop and mash F5 for a few hours, I still say the best way to catch brines is to disable javascript and pictures, enable tabs if you haven't already, and ctrl-click on every single brine you see pop up. Once you've clicked, though, don't waste time checking the new tab! Just keep F5ing and ctrl-click any and all brines until the Coast is clear (haha); then you can run through the list of your tabs to see if you caught anything.

Most of all, don't give up! These eggs are diabolically difficult to get, for some reason. Even on my cable connection, I've only averaged about one brine for every two full drops, and I've had four years of practice at catching stuff in this game. But there's a significant luck factor as well, since one friend on the US east coast was squeeing madly to me last night that she managed to catch one on her phone. She usually can't catch mints on her phone. rolleyes.gif But so long as you don't give up, the little dragon gods will eventually smile upon your clicky finger and grant you a boon of luck.

Hope this helps, just a bit!

All of this! I finally got my pair of brines. If this nearly-blind lady can do it, so can you!

My friend just gave me a amazing tip for the Brine catch. For mouse users; The middle button on your mouse, click it and it opens another tab for the Brine you're trying to snag while leaving you on the biome page so you can F5 the button and still keep doing this.

Maybe all the people above this post hadnt seen how over populated the coast was a day or so ago...

But there was over 200 people in the coast on the hour drops and 100 in the 5 minute drops.

Did you all somehow miss my explanation (two times) that included the above tips?

probably. it's like back in page 40 something. lol.

the brines are steadily getting less and less..

Maybe all the people above this post hadnt seen how over populated the coast was a day or so ago...

But there was over 200 people in the coast on the hour drops and 100 in the 5 minute drops.

I was there - it was RIDICULOUS. Still managed to catch one at the time, though. Decided to take a break and come back later.

And I've caught holiday releases on the first drop out. This was one of the "worst" releases I've ever seen as far as people trying to get eggs.

Did you all somehow miss my explanation (two times) that included the above tips?

probably. it's like back in page 40 something. lol.

the brines are steadily getting less and less..

I've posted them a couple of times as well, but when a forum moves this quickly, posts get buried; nobody tends to read further back than a few pages, since new posts are still piling in. smile.gif So if you have something to say that will really help people out, it's best not to assume they'll see your advice from even five pages ago, let alone fifty. laugh.gif

When my first musty hatches, I think I'll name him after one of my cats. Something about that "hiding and attacking your ankles" thing...

Hmmmm. Is it just me or does it seem like the Rancid dragon egg needs more clicks to hatch?

Edited by BlightWyvern

When my first musty hatches, I think I'll name him after one of my cats. Something about that "hiding and attacking your ankles" thing...

Il probably name one of my brines Royal and the other one Pain

I've posted them a couple of times as well, but when a forum moves this quickly, posts get buried; nobody tends to read further back than a few pages, since new posts are still piling in. smile.gif So if you have something to say that will really help people out, it's best not to assume they'll see your advice from even five pages ago, let alone fifty. laugh.gif

lolololyourkitty

I think brines need a bunch more views than either to hatch.

There is a rumour on the wiki saying the brines are black/neb rare.