MikaIkeda

How'd you get your first rare?

My first rare was this guy; Keeper of Syiren's Scroll I gave him a better name in his description, but I caught him in the AP. I remember being so excited to catch the, quoting my words at the time, "Golden Shiny!" wub.gif

My first rare was a 2nd gen Silver I got from my cousin who'd been playing DC longer than I had and she was nice enough to give her to me because I didn't have any Metallics at the time. ^-^ Mind you this was when AP trading was still a thing so it's lucky that she made it to my scroll at all. XD

To this day Roseshine still has more offspring than any other dragon on my scroll (At least according to AoND). :)

Edited by Denwayasha

Jeremie-san was a lucky cave catch waaay back in the day, before Guardians and Skywings were released. I had always wanted a silver and there was a lot less competition then. Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

If I remember correctly my first rare was a CB Magma that I managed to catch myself. I was so ecstatic about catching it but I didn't really have anyone to share my excitement with. xd.png

my first rare was a cheese dragon and I was so excited I kept flipping out to all my family and friends. They all thought I was nuts. I love that little cheese wub.gif

I don't recall what my first rare was, but I got pretty good at catching them very quickly. With the exception of one silver and a couple coppers, all my CB metals have been ones I caught myself. I have traded for a lot of trios, but I still caught the majority of them. My first prizes were all given to me.

My first was this Thunder from the AP. His lineage is kinda bad but him and the other 26 dragons I picked up in 2011 before I went inactive for a long time are special to me.

This slightly oddly named Dino was the first rare I ever caught. I still remember how excited and confused I was! I'm pretty sure I even caught her in the AP. To this day she's still the only dino I've ever caught, and 1 of 3 rares I've caught myself.

I was going to weave you a story of how I caught my first gold on February 13 2009, being a lonely little single 7th grader who's favorite holiday was Valentine's Day and then would go on to catch a Valentine's 09 the next day.

Then I peeked at Sir Longneck and I caught him in the cave on January 29th 2009, which seems to be a little under two weeks after I joined the site and caught my first dragon, which is a cb winter of the same year.

Funny, I remember it feeling like an eternity before I caught anything rare.

My first rare dragon was a golden wyvern and i got it from my friend that i had introduced to dragcave.

Edited by gad786

My first rare was a CB magma. I didn't know it was rare until almost two years later. At the time I just thought it was an ember alt tongue.gif

I'm not quite sure, it was either a Vampire I was kindly gifted on a different DC forum after searching for one for ages, or an inbred Magma I picked up from the AP and bred quite a lot before I knew about lineages. I still love her but I don't breed her anymore.

A CB Thunder. After that, catching rares got really easy. smile.gif

Edited by The Flash

I don't remember the first rare dragon I had, because I didn't understand such things for a while - kept getting breeds mixed up. I'm pretty sure the first rare I caught was a trio (yep, the oldest of each trio are all from the end of that Feb). But in hindsight.....

Maybe two weeks after I joined, after the V-day silliness had ended, one of the three people who'd lured me into DC from another forum gifted me a pair of cb golds. He must have been an awesome catcher, but obviously someone else who'd wanted the eggs was angry, because the eggs started rapidly gaining views while in the trade link.

I accepted them, and fogged them because he told me to, but.... yeah, my first pair of obviously rare eggs was also my first experience with viewbombing murders. He was kind enough to replace them a while later, which cheered me up because it made it seem that the pretty dragons weren't going to be impossible to get for myself in the future. If I'd known then how hard it was going to be to find my own I probably would have cried.

My first rare was my very messy alt black, made all the more special because it was the first egg I ever caught. smile.gif

My first rare was a Cheese on 2009. I don't remember if i lurked the cave for hours or got it by luck, since there wasn't a trade system back then it wasn't a gift for sure.

Edited by Kukuru

*Casts mind a few years back* I remember learning all the different egg messages so I could hunt the cave for the ones I wanted rather than just picking up random ones and hoping for the best. I was an AP hunter for a long time though, it was more fun to hoard the lower time eggs so I'd have more dragons (I didn't really use/understand lineages back then). I cannot remember what my first rare was, but I do remember falling in love with those beautiful Purple Dinos wub.gifwub.gif

My first rare... Well, when I started, trios weren't quite out yet, and definitely not considered rare, but uncommon once they were there. *sigh* So, rares...

Back then, the only real rares were metallics (gold and silver), as well as CB vines, blacks and stripes (due to high player demand). The first one I got was... this gold, which was a gift by my daughter. My daughter, in turn, was gifted the gold parent of hers by Beastrider. smile.gif (Thanks again for that, by the way. wub.gif)

My first rare was a Yellow Dino on September 17th, 2008, followed by a Chicken on September 19th, a Red Dino on September 20th, a CB Gold and a Paper on September 21st, another Paper on September 22nd, a CB Silver on September 27th, two more CB Silvers on September 29th, Blue Dino on October 2nd, Green Dino on October 3rd, and a second CB gold on October 5th. In 3 weeks in 2008 I caught ALL THAT.

And these days I can't even catch one of anything. *sob*

btw I'm not counting CB seasonals that were caught when they were released, but if so, my first rare was two CB Summers caught September 16th, 2008. tongue.gif Still in a 3 week span. Everyone was intent on getting the seasonals and I was like 'lol seasonals' and grabbing EVERYTHING ELSE. I still only had the 2 CB summers until last week. xd.png Priorities...

But yeah, only unbreedables, CB metals, and alt blacks/vines were rare back then. And the unbreedables were pretty much gimmicks.