MikaIkeda

How'd you get your first rare?

Well, Mika here is curious to see how everyone here on DC got their first rare, trio, silver, tinsel, metal, christmas, vampire, whatever! All of my rares were gifts from forums. My very first was a thunder egg from Shichi on the Rare Breeders Thread.

My first rare/trio was my ice, MoonlitBandit, and i got her from my friend on the day of starting dc. She helped me set it up, get eggs, and learn about click sites.

I never got a trio D:

But my first rare was a paper dragon i got from the newbie gifting thread smile.gif

My first was an ice, actually my 8th dragon ever. I got lucky in the AP and caught a low-time egg. smile.gif

I guess my first rare was my Silver, Quicksilver Genesis. She was a gift from a very nice person I met on the forums

I think?

Oh gosh I dont remember how I got her but I know she was a gift from someome XP

My first rare was a paper egg. Got it today. I just picked it up from the cave. laugh.gif

I guess I just got lucky. biggrin.gif

A CB paper was my first rare (4th of my first 4 eggs) and a CB gold was my second (7th egg I picked up; 3rd of my second batch of eggs). Rares were easier to get in 2008. smile.gif

My first rare was a CB magma I caught myself as one of my first four eggs here. smile.gif I had gotten it into my head that I was going to start with 3 CB embers and a magma and...I did.

My first rare was a CB Silver. I just randomly caught it in the cave a couple months after I started, and I didn't realize it was hard to get a hold of until I tried getting a mate for him...

My first dragon was a CB Thunder that was gifted to me by another forum user. I actually caught a Leetle Tree not to long before that, if you want to count those as rare. smile.gif

First rare? A CB silver back in ~Oct 2008 when they used to drop in the main cave regularly.

My first rare was a male silver I caught off the AP, back when there were more silvers than purples in the cave. He used to be a 4th gen, but someone killed his parents on the mother's side, and now its a deadline >.<

My first rare was a thunder.

My first rare was a male silver hatchling I snatched off from the AP page back in 2008. He had a pedigree. At that time, I only had pink, purple and magi dragons. tongue.gif

this is him --> http://dragcave.net/lineage/XLHs

I released him to the wild just recently when I came back from the game after a long vacation, due to the pedigree. I only kept the CBs.

Edited by SilverWings

Mine was a messy (but not inbred) 8th gen black that I caught in the AP - it alted! biggrin.gif Being an excited n00b, I let it grow up, and am now wishing I had frozen it, because it was curled, and I still don't have a frozen curled over 2 years later. rolleyes.gif

If the following count as rare, i got them YESTERDAY:

2nd gen vine hatchie(ap)

nebula(gift)

Golden Wyvern(Gift)

i got PMs from the people who sent me the nebula and GW eggs, but i had to clear my inbox and i didn't write down who gave them to me sad.gif

nonetheless i am very thankful!

Ironically enough, my first rares were CB self-caught metals: caught two golds within a day of each other, and my only CB silver about a week before that! I joined during a period when the cave was spitting out a lot more metals than usual (and when there were less other breeds to compete with), so I had a much easier time of it than players do now, I imagine.

Edit: and in a bizarre twist of fate I just caught another CB gold a few hours after posting this jkjkshdksj

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

If vampires count as rares, then that would have been my first rare, which I caught off the AP. If that doesn't count, then my first actual rare was probably a silver tinsel, but I can't remember how I got it.

My first rare and how I got him was probably a silver, self caught. They kept on coming afterwards. Of course I never thought to stock up on CBs when they were consistently popping out of the cave so I use to own NO CB metals until a gracious user gifted me a CB silver. <3

I think mine is a silver tinsel, which is gifted by someone, whom forum name I forgot ^^"

CapriciousT gave me my first Gold though smile.gif