MikaIkeda

How'd you get your first rare?

My first was a cheese, traded for a nillia pygmy. I was so happy! But, a chees is like a collectible, you can't breed with it, which makes Sushi sad sad.gif

My first rare was one of my Silvers. ....I either was gifted it or trade for it, I don't actually remember which right now.

First "rare" was an AP snatched gold tinsel. First CB rare was a Thunder I caught on my own in the Desert. I was suitably shocked at actually catching it. My first gifted rare was a messy Ice. I love Ices very much, so I was still incredibly pleased, despite the messy lineage. My first metallic was a self-caught CB gold that was actually a misclick in an attempt to get a CB Ice (lucky misclick, imo).

Someone gifted me a nice trio as part of the newbie gifting project. But I can't remember which trio it was and I can't be bothered checking. tongue.gif My first silver I traded for. That was the most fulfilling rare I'd had at the time, since I worked for it rather than being gifted it.

She was a lucky grab off of the AP, back in '09. My very first Silver, and a Dorkface at that. I remember being in complete shock that I had actually caught her, and even though, now, I have a growing Silver army and I don't breed her much anymore, she will always have a special place wub.gif Edited by CDM

My first rare was a CB Thunder that I caught myself, it was around the time of the Turpentine release and I reflexed clicked it and was lucky enough to nab it biggrin.gif.

I believe my first rare was my second-gen Ice, which was gifted to me by a kind person whose name, unfortunately, I cannot remember. Ever since, I've mass-bred it to try to pay it forward.

The first rare I ever saw was a CB Gold in the Cave. I was so new, I didn't think anything of it...

The first rare I got was a cheese right after I looked at egg descriptions in the wiki.

CB thunder. I caught her during the week before Halloween, so there wasn't much competition for her.

I think my first rare was a Black Marrow, as I joined around the time of the Halloween release last year.

Saw a Silver egg in the cave, rushed to grab it, didn't expect to get it at all, did, somehow.

She is the only CB Silver I have ever gotten (I don't understand how some people manage to have dozens of them), and the other two silvers I have are her offspring and grandoffspring.

Unless my female Split counts as my first, in which case same situation but less tension, and none of my other splits are related to her.

My first two silver tinsels were gotten through luck at the AP. A few other silver tinsels I got that way as well, My magma I got from AP. My Thunder I managed to catch during a five minute release. My first gold tinsel gotten through AP. Two bronze tinsels I got through AP. Chickens, I happened to get by chance and luck. Cheeses I got on the same day one after the other (like some kind of double release xd.png) And I got my papers the same way. Red dino I got by chance and luck. I usually miss CB rares. Once I saw a gold and I rushed to get it but was waaaay too late. Same with the time I saw a silver and same with the times I saw Ice and thunder. tongue.gif Although if I'm lucky I'll catch it. Rares I am usually pretty late and most of my seasonals I got from AP except for the new ones they release every year. tongue.gif

My 13th egg was a Black dragon that I caught in the Caves, it was dead common back then though. My 15th, 16th, and 17th were a Gold, Chicken, and Silver that were all caught in cave as well.

*Counting my dragons that survived the egg*

My first rare egg was a vampire from the AP. I tend to stalk that place all day...

my first rare ever was a vampire and that was either a trade or a gift cant remember. my first one i caught was a cheese dragon

My first rare was an ice or cheese. I don't remember. I caught them by hunting the habitats

A beautiful alt Black even gen that was an unexpected gift. <3

Followed the next day by a beautiful Gold that was an unexpected gift from someone else. <3

This forum has some wonderful people on it! happy.gif

My first was a female silver and I either traded for her or got her through TGT. I'm fairly certain the latter and then my male I traded for.

All my holidays I snagged myself either from the cave or AP. (Except the tinsels of course.) One halloween I made out like a bandit. I already had all the halloweens I wanted so I bred mine and snatched some from the AP and traded for everything I currently had on my wishlist. it wasn't only rares, but I was pleased.

My first rare was a cheese I found in the desert. I thought it was a joke egg but when I discovered it was a rare, I was overjoyed. biggrin.gif

I can't remember which was first for sure.

My first rare was a Magma I think. I found it while hoping to get some red dragons in the cave. Either that or the pair of gold wyverns I caught together. They were just sitting there all shiny and I somehow got them both. blink.gif Yes, from the cave!

Technically my first rare was a paper I caught while waiting for a response from someone gifting me my first silver before teleport.

I believe my first rare was a CB Silver, waaaay back in '08. Was lucky enough to catch it off the cave, I couldn't believe my reaction time lol.