MikaIkeda

How'd you get your first rare?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HnvG

Snatched him from the cave the day trios were released. I had no idea what it was or that the event was even going on, I just saw an egg with icicles, went "Ooh!" and grabbed it. xd.png

Back when Trading in the AP was a thing, I got a Silver dragon in mid-trade by accident. I contacted the owner and returned the egg. The next week, she bred me a Silver as a thanks. :3

mine was an AP vampire, then I found a magma in the cave, got gifted a bronze and gold tinsel, a silver and gold dragon biggrin.gif my friend gave me an ice, thunder, blue sang, tri horn wyvern and a green dino x3 from the ap I got another vampire, a red dino, red dorsal, another tri-horn and a vine, that's about it so far, really hoping on shimmers!

Well, I registered on Dragcave on December 20th 2011. My very first dragon was an Ochredrake from the cave... then I went to the abandoned page and got the first egg that caught my interest, that hatched in a Ribbon Dancer. Few days later, on Christmas, I also got a CB Winter Magi, that is my first really valuable dragon, even if I discovered that months later.

A month later I found a nice abandoned 10th gen Silver tinsel with a perfect stair-step lineage... unluckily, he is the wrong gender to going on with that lineage. sad.gif

Edited by Kirya

Mine was a nice lineaged Silver that was gifted to me. I love glomp gifting :3

The second egg I ever caught (from the AP I think) hatched into an Alt Black. I caught a Red Dorsal soon after in the cave and then it was the Trio release.

I caught an auto-abandon accident that belonged to shadesofchaos. When she contacted me and I returned it (expecting nothing in return), she gifted me my first rare (a cb thunder) and a messy but still first metallic silver! (and then some) It was by far the best ARK moment ever :3

I think I got my first rare (silver) by snagging it from AP :3 I had played only few weeks!

My first rares are a silver and bronze tinsel, I traded some extra copper eggs from the new release for them. <3

Well, that's a "funny story"...

One day I picked up a rare (i think from the ap) gold with a bad lineage. My "friend" who I had told I got my first rare, apparently wanted it. Last time I hung out at her house I logged into my email on her computer and forgot to log off, so she used my email to change my dragoncave password and set up a trade with my magi where she got the gold. Then she lied to my face about it, but me having a higher IQ than her, I figured it out.

How did I figure it out? My gold dragon appeared on her scroll the next day, I was locked out of my account, when I got back into my account on of my magis were down, and it couldn't have been a regular old hacker because they didn't take my gold tinsel. Done.

THEN I traded with AsheraAshtoreth (two CB black dragons, I think) to get a fourth gen stairstep gold that I love very much :3 Hence, she's one of my favorite people on dragoncave xd.png Oh, before that, the next time I hung out at her house I logged off my email. Which is never going to be signed on to at other people's houses ever again xd.png Problem solved.

Meet 'We Do Not Sparkle.' He's my first Vampire, and the sire of most of my slowly growing army. His lineage includes two mints, a set of golds, and a electric, but he's one of my favorite dragons. He was a gift from one of the Rare gifting groups.

This is my second, a Vine Alt I snagged when browsing the AP.

This is my favorite and first of my two Alt Blacks. He came off the AP and his breeder killed both of his parents, making him a Tombstone 2 Gen. He's one of my favorite dragons, and I've yet to settle on a good name.

And last on my short list of my first rares, is This un-named 2 Gen Yulebuck He was snagged off the AP minutes before I caught my Ribbon Dancers in the cave. I can't name him, because I want to name him after his parents, and can form few words from their codes.

My first rare was a male CB Golden Wyvern... that I got from the cave. I also caught more CB rares like a purple Dino. smile.gif

If I remember correctly, my Golden Faranth was my first rare - a cb and a gift. CB rares was easier to get back in 2008. Got my first dinos and silver too within a few months.

I snatched up three Vampires from the AP for starters, and I didn't even play this game for, what? Two weeks? And I got an Ice from the caves. X3

hollyyy asdaaksd. gosh!! I dont believe this xd.png So this CB silver was sitting on the page, and I mousewheel+left clicked it. They took forever to load, and it showed it was taken already. I knew it.. so i closed this tab, clicked 'back' on the other tab. But wait, the page looked different.. it cant be! Thus I clicked on my dragon list, and there it was in all its glory. I have a CB SILVER >!#!>M

so sorry for the crazy chant but gosh, its been years on dragcave and thats the first time I ever got myself a metallic, my first time seeing CB silver I believe. Gosh. Not my first rare (it was a paper), but first rare (since then) in a loongggg while, if vamps arent counted. Im just so glad for this wonderful gift smile.gif

Edited by flybymysky

I clicked a something looked like white egg in AP and it's description was "This egg gives off a beautiful glow."

(It was my second rare. First was golden wyvern.)

Edited by sh20000sh

Apparently my first rare was my Cheese dragon, PG Gorgonzola. I'm pretty positive it was a gift from TGT, as I was -really- bad at catching anything significant in my earlier DC days.