TJ09

2011-10-31 - Happy Halloween

WOOT! 5 new eggs so far, and my first two zombies! One adult and one hatchie xd.png

Also got a pair of Marrows, and two pairs of Pumpkins (one for freezing).

I'd say it's been a very successful Howl-o-ween wink.gif

*depressed* My computer slow by time it clicks one someone got it. I'm never going to get an egg. Me going to stop trying.

I sent you a Pm, please check your messages.

Woo!

Got myself 5 new Marrows, one new Pumpkin, managed to get one of my vampires to turn an egg and STAY, had 2 out of 5 of my fodder turn into Zombies ( Both of which were female, while the male ones all bit the dust, hmmm... ) and I've now happily locked myself with 7 new Halloween eggs. All in all, I'd say this is a complete Halloween season for me biggrin.gif

Good luck everyone else out there and have a safe and pleasant Halloween 8D *Poofs away in a cloud of smoke*

I hate it when time reaches the 40 min after hour mark there isn't a single egg in the cave. Have to wait till 00

The biomes make this so much easier!!

Thank you to TJ and the spriters, you guys always make holiday events so much fun for us! The ghosts are beautiful, can't wait to see the hatchies and adults!!

For those who are having trouble catching their lovely eggs:

I have made a list of a few tips that have helped me get mine quickly. I don't have high-speed internet, so these are very helpful for me, and I hope they will be for you, too.

• 1: Use F5. That key is my buddy. I think almost everyone knows this button, but just in case, I thought I'd put it here. The F5 key refreshes the page.
  • 2: Use Ctrl+Click when you click on an egg. This will open up the link to the egg in a new tab without moving you away from the tab you're on. This way, you don't have to waste time waiting to see if you got the egg or not. You can just refresh right after you've Ctrl+Clicked, and then Ctrl+Click again when the page has loaded. Ctrl+Click, Refresh, Wait, CTRL+Click, CTRL, Wait... etc, etc.
  • 3: Turn off the images and java script. I'm not sure how to do it on internet explorer, but on firefox, you just click on options, and there will be two little tick boxes, one for images and one for Java. Untick both. This way, your computer won't have to waste time loading the images. Believe me, it makes it go a lot faster.
  • 4: Wait until later when there's less competition. If you have very slow internet, and still can't get an egg even with all these little tips, it might be best if you waited until the evening to try for your eggs.

I hope this was helpful! A wise old DC-er once told me these things, and I found them very useful, so I feel great to be passing them on! biggrin.gif

~Pugglemuggle

I have 5 (out of 7 slots). I'm waiting for the next drop to come. Plenty of time to fill those last two.

Here's my technique:

Find a low-populated biome.

Click on the rightmost egg. Don't stop! Rapid-fire alternate hitting F5 and click, don't wait for the code page to come up. Just go go go until it either stops dropping, or tells you you've hit your limit.

When they stop dropping, take a breather, relax, take a drink, do housekeeping (Incubate, Influence, hide, record in your spreadsheet/records).

In other news, I tried some Zombification during drop breaks. 1 S2 hatchling (with a TJ code) disintegrated sad.gif But, the adult male and the S1 hatchling turned. So now I have momma, poppa and baby Zombies smile.gif That last hatchling kill filled out my kill slots, so I guess I'm done Zombie-ing for the year.

My Zombie family: Cream Pie in the Dorkface (female, native Sunrise), Corvus von Hapsburg (male, native Split), Hasty Brain Pudding (S1, native Whiptail).

Haven't tried Vampiring anything because I mean to be egg-locked with the new dragon for the duration. They won't hatch in time and I have plenty of Vamps. Want more of the new dragon smile.gif

The five I've grabbed thus far have been Influenced into pairs. I'll leave one un-Influenced.

Edited by Xocowolf

YES!!! 6 eggs thanks to a little help and I successfully got a zombie this year! Thank you SO much everyone!

And now, I got myself one zombie happy.gif

Though... 3 of my tries ended up dead... sad.gif

RIP...

Edited by Juzz

Got five in the first drop. All my zombie fodder except 2 dodged my blade (well, technically one wasn't fodder)... and one out of the two disintegrated.

Well, I'm SOL, geez's, almost 100 people averaging each biome.....yikes....I guess I'll have to ask for these ones next yearm no way in the world i'm going to get any tonight or in the morning, as I have work and/or the cave will be occupied all day long with 100 or more people, I guess try and get other rares so i can ask/trade or these next year....

Yeah!! Got 7 of the new ones before i have to go to work. They look Great!!! biggrin.gif

Tnx TJ and spriters. All Zobie attemps failed but i already had one so up to next year smile.gif

At least I'm not out of practice with catching. xd.png Already got my two, now to go from here...

fulled up & happy as a lark!! now i'll have to go incubate& influence!! thank you DC!!! the halloween haunted house event was thrilling & awesome, & i KNOW these eggs will NOT let us down!! you always deliver!! thank you thank you!!

<3 misfit

Finished catching for my sister. It was mucha easy catching with Javascript and images off~ Now to hatch my last marrows.

An epic way for these new eggs to hatch is if the shadow faded with every cracking stage 8D I want this idea to be true. So much.